Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Baby back or front of car?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Baby back or front of car? _
PostSubject: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 am

Getting my 'new to me' meriva on thur cheers So exciting, 1st time iv had a 5 door car, or one with a CD player, or air conditioning so this is a BIG deal Laughing

When Caitlin was a teeny baby her carseat was in the front (no passenger airbags to worry about). Stuart had to ride around in the back for 10 months which he hated, but I preferred Caitlin beside me as most of the time it was just me & her in car & meant I could give dummy, check if she'd been sick, not worry about not seeing her etc. Plus was easier for getting her in and out of 3 door car.

Not sure what to do this time. Did you put your newborn in back from day 1? Would it worry you them being beside a toddler? (though meriva quite spacious so dont think Caitlin could reach to poke or undo clip etc). How did you cope not being able to see why they were crying? Or do most ppl put newborns in front?

(Oh and if I was putting them in front id disable airbag!!!! hmmm how do you do that actually???)

Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 am

The back for us! All mine have been in the back.
It's mummy and daddy in the front and kiddies in the back!
X
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:06 am

alfie has always been in the back. gav sometimes likes to have him in the front but i find him distracting when im trying to drive! x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:11 am

Yep, both mine went straight in the back, I did go in the back with Libby a few times when she was born but only for a couple of weeks or so, but couldnt with Dexter obviously.

Libby couldn't/cant reach Dexter so I dont find that an issue either (although she does try and tickle him sometimes Baby back or front of car? 270211 ), I did wish I had one of those mirrors that you can see them in for the first couple of months as he was so sicky so might be worth getting one of those? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baby-Easy-View-Car-Mirror-/220899251864?pt=UK_Baby_BabyCarSeatAccessories_SM&hash=item336e9f1698

You'll probably find that Caitlin will be your eyes for you, Libby always tells me if Dexter's been sick or gone to sleep, he doesnt generally cry in the car unless he's hungry so wouldnt make any difference if he was in the front or back.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:23 am

Hmm that mirror thing looks familiar! Think I got one when pg with Caitlin and then didnt need to use it as she was in front. Frig knows where it is now, must have a hoak in her cupboard tomorrow and see if I can find it, thanks.

I dont really drive long distances anyway, most journeys I do are 10-20mins tops. It will just be weird not being able to see them properly.

Also now im wondering is it better for baby or Caitlin to be behind me? Why am I thinking about every bloody detail of things! I dont know how I even manage to pick what pants to wear these days, every thing is such an ordeal Doh
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:28 am

Hehe, its amazing the little things we think about Laughing

If its any good to you, both mine and Simon's cars are set out the same, Libby behind the driver and Dexter behind passenger. Dont think it matters which way you would do it though, I usually put Dexter in the car first and ask Libby to stand very close then put Libby in, when we get to where we're going I'll put Dexter safely in his pram/pushchair first then get Libby out.

Oh and yay for the new car!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:57 am

We put Jamie in the back when he was in a car seat that we could take out but when he went into one that stayed in the car he went into the front as we have a 3 door car (actually I think it was your suggestion). He stayed in the front until the car seat went forward facing and is now in the back
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 am

Amelias in the back in ours but I do sit in the back with her. Adam very rarely drives on his own with her but if he does she'll go in the front so he can see her. Thats for her apnoea though, sometimes she still needs a nudge to start breathing again.

We have a base in our car so its easy to get her in/out my dad soesnt though and he prefers her in the front seat because its easier to get her in/out.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 pm

The girls have always been in the back for us too.

xx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 pm

We had no option as you can't disable the airbag easily in my car and russ is a sensor and I don't trust it. So Lucas is in the back. We got a mirror so can see him, he's behind passenger so I can reach if needed to.

You best starting as you mean to go on and put them both in back, saves the awkward question of why little girls can't go in the front too.

Plus my nieces love telling me what he's doing when we have them in car and rich is great, although he gets in front with me if it's just us 3 lol
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 pm

I've always put the kids in the back. I must be pretty laid back as i've never even wanted to sit in the back with them, not even when we first took them home. Rolling Eyes I do love my kids really!

Anyways Joshua (and Immi when she was a baby) always falls asleep as soon as we get in the car so I've never had to worry about him. Immi usually tells me if there's a problem with him, like 'Joshie sick' 'Joshie cry' 'Joshie hurt'... half the time she's making it up though as he's asleep Laughing She loves him being near her though and she's can't get anywhere near him when she's strapped in the carseat so I don't worry about that.
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 pm

my girls have been in the back too from day 1. foudn the mirrors a god send x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 am

back deffo....and ive never sat with them in back either!
Infact if i had an electrical tinted seperator thingy i would prob put that up too.... =op x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:58 am

Shell wrote:
I've always put the kids in the back. I must be pretty laid back as i've never even wanted to sit in the back with them, not even when we first took them home. Rolling Eyes I do love my kids really!

I think I must be worse as I drove home from hospital after having Lily! Shocked

James is a shite driver at times and I didnt even register what I was doing, just got in the drivers seat and drove, pmsl!

x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 am

I wanted to put finlay in the front but the seat belt doesn't fit so he has to go in the back, tyler hadn't tried to poke him yet,i don't think he could reach,i don't like not being able to see him though...i have one of those mirrors but can't really see anything in it, it's too small! Tyler is behind the driver seat
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:36 am

my two were older when we got the car(just under 2 for lumps and just under 1 for lil dude) but we always put them straight into the back and this one is going to be going straight into the back too

up front is mummy and daddy's space in our car(i couldn't bear to be in the back with miss crunchy chops!)
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 am

Callums always been in the back but behind the passenger seat so i can see him x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby back or front of car?   Baby back or front of car? Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby back or front of car?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Baby back or front of car? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words