Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Coffee machine??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!
My Name: Lucy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:05 am

this is probably a really stupid question but i was wondering if some1 could help me out!

im buyin OH a coffee machine for xmas (he loves coffee) however im not a coffee drinker so dont really know anything about the different types etc.. so ive been lookin online and i can either get a filter coffee machine which looks basically like a jug and is pretty cheap... orr the other 1s that do like ecspressos and cappacinos and stuff.. what would you say is best and also what do u need 2 buy to put in them? im gonna sound really dumb but im guessin u dont just put normal coffee like nescafe in do u?

sorry for the essay but any help would be great Smile x x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 am

Lisa boss lady is the coffee queen Laughing I'm sure she'll answer xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 am

I love coffee and would want a proper machine that does the cappucino's and things like that - I think tassimo do a good one and you buy the little capsules (Im not sure if thats what tehy're actually called!)

mmmm, if I could have ANY coffee machine though it would be one that did latte *nom nom*
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 am

i have the http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=icona+coffee+machine&gs_upl=1279l3713l0l3869l20l13l0l3l3l0l218l1764l4.4.4l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=587&wrapid=tlif132266639806610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4147260267867018476&sa=X&ei=o0nWTpCdFsiZ8QOjy6GKAg&ved=0CHQQ8gIwAw

and its great, to use it all you need to buy is ground coffee, its like a powder, you buy it in vacuum packs or tins and they sell it everywhere, cost also sell it which is one of our faves

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=ground%20coffee it looks like this mostly!

You will also need a metal jug to froth the milk in if you get a cappa/expresso one! Got mine for about 3 quid on ebay x
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:37 am

ok thanks girls..i wasnt thinking of spending 2 much as we are only meant to be spending £50 max on eachother this year as pretty skint! so think im gonna go with the simple 1.. something like this
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4232434/Trail/searchtext%3ECOFFEE+MAKER.htm
so with that do i just have 2 by ground coffee beans or what? i dont get it lol. x x
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 am

or this 1?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4223876/Trail/searchtext%3ECOFFEE+MAKER.htm
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

Im a coffee drinker and I dont think I would want one that you put capsuals in such as tissimo (sp) etc.

I have one that has a milk steamer and you just make your coffee and add steamed frothy milk to make latte or stronger coffee for cappo or just a few shots of coffee if you need a fix Smile

I dont use it much though!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:09 am

I think either of those would be ok if he likes filter coffee usually ... I'm not a fan cos I like my coffee really hot and the home filter ones (both types) never seem to get it really hot

Thing is thats about all you are going to get for that budget :-( Some of the pod ones are about that if you can find them in the sale though (again pods arent cheap so have to look at that too)

I have quite an expensive tassimo, its fab and I LOVE it, but if you are on a budget it will be too much besides the pods aint cheap!

Just to add .. I have one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4230429/Trail/searchtext%3EHOT+CUP.htm (there is one with variable cup too which wasnt around when i got mine! http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4233354/Trail/searchtext%3EHOT+CUP.htm ) - its ACE! Maybe sonsider one of those if he is a fan of instant coffee?

(yes yes my kitchen is full of gadgets lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 am

Have the doche gusto..and have a Tassimo by Bosch! Love them both!!! But..Tassimo is by far my most used machine. All sorts of coffee's..teas..lattes..hot chocolates etc..and is very easy to use! Highly recommend it..and bought mine from ebay..paid less than half of what they are worth. Makes a mean cup of jo! xxx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:56 am

I have one like niccsy.. it has the.milk thing too. you'll need one which can steam the.milk to male lattes n what not. x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 am

I just have a filter one and I love it. So much easier to keep a jus on through the day. I dont like milk though so fancy coffee doesnt appeal to me in the slightest x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:50 pm

i have the tassimo too but we dont use it, the pods are quite expensive!

x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:23 am

Pods work out to be cheaper than making a full pot of coffee that goes to waste. I am the big coffee drinker in the house..so makes sense to use a pod or two each day. I stock up on the them when they go on sale, and they do quite often. If he is the only coffee drinker, you'll probably save money in the long run...plus..I rarely buy coffee at coffee bars anymore..as the coffee I make at home..tastes almost like it. The kids love the hot choco. Have a thermo stainless steel Cuisinart/self grinder machine too, but only use it when company comes over, and like to use fresh beans when we use it. Keurig is another machine..with the k cups..and the pods are a bit cheaper than tassimo or Gusto...and also offer a wide range of products to use in it. Also..what I lov about these little gadgets..is you wait seconds for a hot cuppa..instead of 10-15 mins for a pot to brew. Wink xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

Hey, there's a pod coffee maker thats half price at tesco at the moment, I think it's about £49 Smile
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:20 pm

ohh il have a look now on the site Smile x x
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:36 pm

just looked at that babymilly and looks pretty good! i also had a look at the pods they do and there not 2 expensive either so think i may go for that! they do milk pods so is that what i use instead of milk? i really dont understand this whole coffee machine thing but im sure il learn once we get one!
can any1 be botherd to explain to me how they work/ what do i do with the capsuals? lol x x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:56 am

If its the Dolce one..they are easy to use. Just make sure the water tank is full..you pull out the pod container..slip in the pod..puncture the seal..make sure light is green..turn the lever to the red(hot water)and fill your coffee mug to desired level..strength. Just make sure you don't walk away from it..have done this forgetting it wasn't like the Tassimo..that fills the cup automatically to exact measured portions. Have flooded my kitchen floor like a knucklehead! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 am

oh god bet that was a nightmare!! well if i can find a store nearby that has it in stock then i will get 1 of them but our local 1 doesnt do them Sad its rubbish! thanks for the help girlys Smile x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Coffee machine?? _
PostSubject: Re: Coffee machine??   Coffee machine?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Coffee machine??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Coffee machine?? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Coffee machine?? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Coffee machine?? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Coffee machine?? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Coffee machine?? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Coffee machine?? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Coffee machine?? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Coffee machine?? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Coffee machine?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Coffee machine?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Coffee machine?? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Coffee machine?? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Coffee machine?? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Coffee machine?? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Coffee machine?? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words