Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Jade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Jade   Jade EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:55 am

Right, I want the truth!!! How hard is being a mum of 2? Are you really tired? Have you had a breakdown yet/flood of hormones? Are you still sore???? Are you BF? How often are you up in night????? Tell me everything!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:26 am

JADE!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 am

In Jades' absence, just to put in a two penneth worth: how hard it is will be directly proportional to....
how helpful your OH is
how settled baby is / n't
how much other help you have from friends&family
how Caitlin takes to being a big sister
how your birth was / how bits and bobs are healing

The above can all be very variable so there's no quite telling how things will go - but I will say however difficult you think having one is, it feels like a piece of piss compared to when no.2 comes along - although that could just be us. Getting out the door takes hours Suspect Having said that, you already have a routine so new bubs will fit in with it - which is very different from having your 1st baby (when everything was fitted in around them) so in that sense, muuuuch easier. The flip side is learning how to juggle the two little ones and learning that sometimes (daily) one or both of them will just have to wait for 2 minutes while you pee/change a nappy/mop up sick/make lunch - and they will be fine with doing so. It's so strange when things come back to you though - like 'oh yeah - we used to do xyz with Caitlin' and you also realise it very very true that each baby is different, what 'works' with one may or may not work with the other.

I have a feeling that ^ is all entirely useless Laughing
Take things a day or week at a time because things change so much in the first few months, there will be highs and some not so highs but you'll honestly wonder what on earth life was before you became a family of four and you & OH have a baby to hold each blushlove

p.s. apologies for the nosiness - but am trying to redeem myself with words of wisdom so ner Razz xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 am

Haha sorry snoopy, umm well I think having a second baby is waaaaaaay easier than having your first, you already know what to expect and you already have a baby to keep you from just sitting there crying every day lol. Finlay has been a good baby so that probably helps and tyler is good most of the time.
The birth was the same as with tyler but j was induced so it would be, but the recovery was about 5 times quicker,i was still sore about 3 weeks after having tyler maybe more but only a week or so this time, the after pains were worse but nothing too bad. I'm a little tired but oh is really good and will do finlay s feed at 2am and then I'll do the next. Not had any hormonal break downs yet ummm not really breast feeding I'm just expressing and giving what I can that way but it takes so long to feed finlay that I'd have been sat here feeding him aaaaallllllllllllllll day. Up twice in the night, he'll feed about 10 or 11 then 1 or 2 and then 5ish then he'll sleep till 8 or 9 so I get a bit of a lie in Smile
I agree with grace though, getting out takes forever! We managed to get out at 11 today but neither me or oh had showers first lol.
It's not such a shock to the system 2nd time though so it's deffo been less stressful

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised Smile x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:37 am

p.p.s big congrats Jade Very Happy lovely pic on your ticker too xx
shall slink off now... xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:26 am

Whoops forgot to reply to this!

Hmmm doesnt sound toooo bad then. Stuart is off for a month from today so we have agreed that in the first cpl of weeks his focus will be Caitlin eg dressing, meals, playing etc and that will free me up to BF/juggle a newborn. Hoping to be able to curl up in bed with baby for cpl hrs a few days a week but in reality if that happens is another thing! I cant switch off and know i'l prob be up 'checking' and will need to reduce my expectations slightly on matching outfits etc Laughing

Really hope I pop soon so im not sore at xmas. BF I mentioned on another post im not as focused on as I was with Caitlin. I really think this time i'l be taking the easy way out regards most things. Still going to try but as making a btl in mid of night does not appeal to me!

Leaving the house at 11 sounds brilll, I struggle with that as it is. Caitlin often isnt up and eating brekkie until 930am - im in for a shock being up anytime before 8am never mind night feeds! Doh

On the brightside iv prepared myself for hell so it can only be better Very Happy

Is Finlay still settled Jade? I know some ppl said the 1st few weeks were easy and then it gets harder as they become more alert/your own tiredness kicks in! Hope things are still going well! x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 am

Well I gave up the bf when I realised how flipping long it took lol, he would feed an hour from me and want more but be too tired to feed properly, so I'm expressing him 1 bottles worth a day and the rest formula so he's still getting the goodness but isn't constantly attached to me!
He's still pretty good, only problem is he still takes an hour to feed and seems to wake for a feed as soon as we go to bed lol. He's not in a routine yet so supose it will get easier when he is on a better schedule. But he's still asleep most of the time and tyler now loves him and we can even use finlay as bribery to get tyler to do things haha.
The last few weeks are the worst but it will be over soon and you will recover a lot quicker second time round Smile I'm so excited for you! X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Jade _
PostSubject: Re: Jade   Jade Empty

Back to top Go down

Jade

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Member Messages-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Jade Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Jade Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Jade Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Jade Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Jade Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Jade Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Jade Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Jade Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Jade Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Jade Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Jade Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Jade Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Jade Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Jade Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Jade Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words