Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! _
PostSubject: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:09 am

So little miss decided to start walking last month.
humph.

Is now walking room to room and highly delighted with herself too! (have had some nasty bumps though..!)

Tried some shoes on her last night but it really dragged her down - falling all over the shop.
I really can't remember what we did with bean but he was walking just before 12months, not 10!

Sooooooo - to shoe or not to shoe? Or stick to socks?

As a side note to that, do sock-ons work? Because baby girl spends her time barefoot, having pulled off socks to chew - every day, many times a day..... Rolling Eyes
But if they do work, are they ok to walk in - or could they bother her like shoes did?

Am not making much sense am I Laughing blame super baby, wearing me out! xx
Back to top Go down
xx maxi xx

xx maxi xx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 am

how about crusiers if she's not ready for shoes. Hollie started walking properly at 11 months got her feet measured and got her some shoes but they too dragged her down an she wouldnt walk anywhere so swapped them for crusiers and there great il keep her in them for a while, i did the same with jamie too. Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 am

Yeah Jamie has cruisers when we're out and is just barefoot in the house
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 am

Hi Maxi,
thanks for that - I think they are cruisers that we have? Will have a better look. They're pretty anyway... Embarassed
An sort of purple version of these http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Girls-Crawler-Pink/dp/B005C9HBWE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_3&nodeId=1330987031&sr=1-3&qid=1323191665

Tbh though, we've got a few pairs, slip ons, ones with socks incorporated, then these little shoe-type-crawler ones from mother care - but all are more useful as a chew-toy than footwear, apparently...
then again, she did get her first tooth yesterday blushlove
Think it's the bearfoot for now too liberty - she does look ridiculously tiny for walking, never mind cruisers / shoes! xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:39 am

Aww bless her - she's doing so well! Can't believe she's 10 months already - where's that gone? Nice to see you back on Banda a little bit too hun - hope all is well Smile

I LOVE the first wobbly walking stage I could literally sit and watch them for hours finding their feet. At that stage both mine were only ever barefoot in the house although I did used to pop little slippers on Thomas now and then if it was really cold. Out and about they had little first shoes but at that stage were a bit wobbly to be allowed to walk out and about (scared of bumps on pavements). Give her a couple of weeks and she'll be flying around and just introduce the shoes gradually over that time for her to get used to.

Good luck with two walkers hun Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 am

We use cruisers for Awen too as shes only crusing for now and walking with a pushalong but she seems to position her feet more securely in them but if your lil one isnt comfy then id go with her. Sockons are pretty good though
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am

I know, 10 months seems too grown up... and yet so teeny! She went from a stumbly first step or two in mid november to fully walking about the place at start of december. Am in for a whole host more fun aren't I with two upwardly-mobile tots. We're trundling on Debs, trying to get excited/ready/festive feeling for Christmas atm.

Going to keep an eye out for sock-ons I think then Mario - is there an age they only work up until?! (e.g. under 6 / 12 months?)

But - here's the thing - I had an EPIPHANY while changing her earlier ---------> TIGHTS!!!

You were all thinking it and having a giggle at me, right Suspect

These funny little girl creatures are still a bit of a mystery, so it's taken a while to realise they were even an option! But on that note, am I right in thinking that vest buttoned over the tights is the way to go? Gusset-wise? If that makes sense?!

And can you get non-slip tights?! Yeesh, she's just so blooming lively though - wrestling her into them is a challenge and a half... xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am

Um well i put em on C at about 18m as I recall but shes got tiddly feet so might be a sie thing id reckon under a year normally as they were snug. I do up vest under tights but do pull them right up snug into the legs etc
Back to top Go down
alenascott

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Same is the case with me. I get confuse too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.500babies.com/
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!   Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Empty

Back to top Go down

Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Um shoes? Socks? Sock-ons? For a walking tot! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words