Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

dog owners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: dog owners   dog owners EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:26 am

help!!
this owning a puppy malarky is hard work but i bloody love him!! anyway we have just got a choc lab puppy who is about 6/8 weeks old (the owner said 6 weeks but i reckon more like Cool. He is doing well with toilet trainig in the 3 days weve had him. He's peeing on his pads and has a little moan before he has a poo so weve been taking him outside in the back garden so he can go. Last night he went from 10-5.30 and had no accidents in his cage.
So got a few questions:
He's crying loads at night when we go to bed for maybe half an hour. any tips on how to stop him?
HOw much u reckon i should be feeding him? Hes on the wet puppy pouches. I thought he only had to be fed a small amount with him being little but the back of the pouch it says he should be on 6/7 pouches a day?? Hes been having 1 pouch a day so if thats right no wonder hes bloody hungry lol!!
Wat do you do when you go out?? Hes in his cage atm but doesnt like it much so was thinking i might eventually just leave him in the kitchen when we go out so he has more room to roam but hes chewing everything atm!! Weve had to take the christmas tree down today cos between him and alfie the thing was bloody wrecked lol!!!
Hes dead loving atm already - loves Gav and Alfie. Him and Alfie are bestest buds. Cutie pie!! x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:05 am

I remember this stage well lol after having 2 dogs. I would go by the food pouch recommendation. We have allways used dry food and get big bags so last longer but will need to drink more. They should be fed about 3/4 times a day when little. We put the cage next to our bed for the first month or so because they are so little they are bound to be upset left all alone. You could try a hot water bottle, or leave radio on low or put something in that smells of you? We used to leave our 2nd dog in his crate if we went out but never longer than a few hours. Yes they chew everything so get some good sturdy dog toys
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:32 am

We also used and use dry food, we have arden grange apparently it's a more healthy brand, things like bakers etc are apparently like McDonald's to them lol!
If go with what is reccomended on the packs tho.
We didn't have any problems with lexi crying etc but if we did leave her I'd leave a radio on for a few months.
I made the mistake of letting her out while we were out because of the space, she chewed the doors in the kitchen and the main kitchen door as well. Unfortunatly it can take a while to get over the chewing phase!

Also labs are notorious for always scrounging for food, even if Lexi's just been fed she will still make out she's hungry!
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:30 am

He will whine for a little while and there's nothing you can do about it - he will settle down. We did the same as Kell and left a radio on for him. I personally dont like the idea of dogs being in cages. Our dog stayed in the kitchen at night and he soon went quiet and settled xx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 am

Well last night we decided not to put him in his cage and he went to bed no bother and didnt cry once!! he started crying at half 3 so I got up and he'd done a poo and wees on his pads like a good boy. but he thought it was time to play. so i just sat next to him - didnt talk to him just said no when he tried to chew on me and after 20 mins he decided i was too boring and went back to sleep and was there till 6.45. hopefully he'll stop waking up during the night soon so i can have a decent nights kip lol x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:17 am

Patience and consistency! Need lots of that, but won't be long til they learn the ropes. I'm not a big fan of the pee pads, it just confuses them, and they will think it's ok to go on rugs/runners. Let him out several times a day, especially after a meal or a large drink..you can tell they will want to go as they start "sniffing" about. Feeding, for pups of his breed, they will eat alot, and I mean alot..they are growing and burn energy like crazy. May want to deworm him again, just to be sure it's not that. Kenneling is huge, especially as puppies, eventho he will cry, eventually he will get use to it and settle himself. The size of the kennel matter's too, if it is too big..he won't feel secure..so you may go through a few sizes of kennels till he reaches maturity, and eventually you won't need that anymore as they will be happy with a doggy pillow. Biting and chewing they will do alot till they lose their milk teeth, so provide him with chew toys and don't let him "rough house" too much with Alfie, scold him if he bites. Good news is you got a very smart breed, an incredible dog. They learn quickly and will be loyal loving members of the family. xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

dog owners _
PostSubject: Re: dog owners   dog owners Empty

Back to top Go down

dog owners

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
dog owners Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
dog owners Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
dog owners Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
dog owners Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
dog owners Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
dog owners Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
dog owners Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
dog owners Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
dog owners Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
dog owners Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
dog owners Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
dog owners Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
dog owners Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
dog owners Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
dog owners Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words