Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Erm when do newborns become horrors???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Erm when do newborns become horrors??? _
PostSubject: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 am

Have I managed to get a dream baby or am I speaking too soon??? Seriously apart from one night when he was 5/6days old, Joshua is a little angel. He feeds well, only crys when he hungry or has wind, when he's awake he happy to lie on mat/chair and stare round him contently, sleeps between feeds during the day, typical night is bed at 1230/1am (he very alert and cute after his 930 feed so its my choice to have 1-1 time and stay up late), feed at 4am, again at 8am and then sleeps on until 1030/11am. He doesnt spew, enjoys bath time, doesnt flinch when Caitlin has a tantrum....

Um when does this stop??? When does colic and the pacing the floor for hrs start? eh?

For 1st 8 wks Caitlin no joke screamed from tea time until midnight often stopping breathing she got that worked up, fed at 2am and often didnt settle until 5/6am, threw up ridiculous amounts over sofa's/me/beds, hated the bath, spent very little time contently sitting eg she wanted fed/held/walked about etc... Im sure lot of it was her milk allergy, but it does make me wonder what a normal baby is like.

Can babys trick us and be easy for 6 weeks and then turn into horrors????? scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 am

oooooh i'll have one of those ta!!! i didn't think newborns were actually made like that so maybe you just are very lucky Very Happy

enjoy it, you will be ready for number 3 really quickly at this rate Very Happy lets be bump buddies Laughing
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:03 am

Chloe was like this, she's been pretty much a dream from a newborn up until about 6 months ago when the attitude and tantrums set in. Enjoy xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:04 am

Mine were all lovely new borns, it was when the got to about 4 months and realised that if they whinged enough I would carry them around all day!! From what I can remember that lasts til they're about 2! Smile

He sound absolutely perfect, so enjoy him while he's been such a good boy. Before you know it he'll be out playing in the mud and leaving dirty footy boots on thebhall floor Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am

You sound like you got the newborn I ordered. Mine didn't sleep and ate constantly from the start and wanted to be entertained 24/7. I'd say you are just lucky and I'd enjoy it
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 am

Tonight for example he woke and screamed during our dinner at 530pm, I took him and fed him and he settled to sleep in his chair by 6pm. He then murmurred a bit at 730 and I thought he might be hungry - he took 1oz of a btl in his sleep and fell back over... He still sleeping! Iv lifted him, tried offering another btl, winded, shifted him about - but he just stretches, lets out a contented whimper and snuggles back into me.

Hope he aint awake all night as this is actually ridiculously good. Pity iv wasted my whole evening staring at him and havent done any house work or slept myself!
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Welcome to my world.... Lucas was like that, slept from 10 till 5/6 and then just smile in between bottles and sleep.

Now he only cries when he's teething and tired, but he's on move so into everything.

I found he would go through the night but then feed every 2-3 hours through the day, he would still only have his daily amount but in the day.

Enjoy it Hun x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:30 pm

I have one of them too snoopy and I'm waiting for it to change...finlay is a bit colicky and in the day time he doesn't like to sleep for very long in his bed but when he's awake he's feeding.
I'll let you know when he turns bad lol
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 am

im so jealous. alfie was a nightmare new born. deffo puts me off having another! dx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 am

My Joshua was a pretty good newborn. He's deff not a horror now but cause he's more awake and alert he has become more difficult as he needs more entertainment. I can't just leave him to lay, he needs a toy or some music or prefers to be held, so it has become more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 am

Im both thrilled for you and ready to come over there and slap you upside the head. ON balance I will remain thrilled for you.

Though...i hate to be the harbinger of doom but I told jo that Awen was a dream baby til she was about 6-8 weeks. She used to wake once in the night for a feed, slept well in the day and latched on a dream, also used to cry for a reason I could usually fathom and fix.

Unfortunately at 6 weeks she developed reflux and was then a screaming clingy terror til about 6 months. Could not put her down for ten seconds without piercing im-being-killed style shrieks, vomiting, pain that made me wanna cry and 1.5-2 hour feeding, 2 hours to settle at night and still often wakes at night now so she is referred to as the SHEMB-sleep hating evil monkey baby.

I will say though that i hope this doesnt happen to you and also it WAS for a reason and once we got some resolution on the reflux she did turn back into a very happy girl. Shes still got a temper and the ear splitting shriek and is currently a bit clingy but is generally a VERY happy, smily, ready to laugh little girl who loves cuddles and does cry for a reason rather than just to drive me potty so i think if it hadnt been for the reflux she would have been the same all along as she was from 0-6 weeks and from 6 months til now.

Um hope thats not too depressing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 pm

No its not too depressing, kinda what im watching out for. I just cant see babies being this easy - though maybe thats what you mean by wanting to slap me, perhaps I should enjoy him instead of constantly looking for problems Laughing

I never believed babies could be like this though & im grateful even if it is shortlived. Anytime my friend talked about her wee boy being so good as a baby I accused her of looking back through rose tinted glasses!

Am starting to understand mummys boy theorys lol. At this rate Joshua will be able to do no wrong and il be a nightmare MIL as no one will be able to do good enough for my golden boy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 am

WEEELLLLL I spoke too soon... 6 weeks and 6 days is the answer snoopy that's when they turn into horrors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 am

Oh dear LOL! Today was a worse day here too, but really that just means I had to get up with him after his 8am feed as he didnt want to go back to bed until 11am as he normally does (I was a bit spoilt with that I guess lol) and he was hard to wind so cried/fussed a bit after feeds today. In the scheme of things still not so bad Smile He in his moses basket now & im meant to be getting an early night... funny how iv ended up on here.

What antics was finlay up to today then?! How did your check go? x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Ahhh well he just wouldn't stop screaming all day! Nothing would stop him...BUT so far today he's been back to normal! Phew.
Check was fine Smile glad I don't need to lose anymore dignity for a while though haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Erm when do newborns become horrors???   Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Erm when do newborns become horrors???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Erm when do newborns become horrors??? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words