Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

God, give me strength!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

God, give me strength!!! _
PostSubject: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:29 am

Im sure you all now by my FB rants and on here that were struggling with illnesses in our house......Im not exaggerating when I say its been 8 weeks now. Isla is on her 3rd course of antib's, Jess is on her 2nd, and ive had 2 lots!!

Its not just bits of things either, Isla's latest bug is a nasty ear infection......shes gone to bed tonight with yet another 39 degree temp! Crying or Very sad

It looks like I may have tonsillitis again, and ive not been in work for the last 3 weeks (keep taking short notice leave to look after kids or me), so I may be at the walk in centre again tomorrow. I cant be 'off sick' because im still trying to sort myself out with my panic disorder so dont want to take any more time off.

So.......here is my dilemma........Do i pull Isla out of nursery permanently??? She is there purely for her development and not for childcare, as my hubbie is home those days. She goes for 2 half days. Do you think im being daft?? I just dont know what to do, but I do know that it cant keep going on like this.....i will never hold my job down!!!

And as for my sanity......pppppffffffffft

Please give me your advice, I really dont know what decision to make?

Lisa xxx

P.s And my dryer has just broke this afternoon aswell.......OMG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:34 am

I think id pull her out if childcare isnt an issue. x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 am

Personaly id keep her in. Im in the same sit as you but mind sent in nursery, hollies ha a cough for sodding 9 months of not more just not cleared up had antibiotics after antibiotics, steroids everything as soon as its going Lillie bloody starts and passes it back! And if not lil it's me!!

Does she get a lot out of nursery? I know Lillie loves pre school I would never take her out. But then when does Isla start school?? Lils school is 3 so won't be long she'll start?

I know a few have sai to me that their los were constantly I'll when younger but now very rare ill when they are older... Builds their immune system. Don't know how true that is....

Bloody hair dryer!!! How rude lol xx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 am

Bloody clothes dryer Em!!!! lol xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 am

I think I would keep her in. Aimee keeps bringing stuff home to us and after all of Nov and Dec, we finally got better over xmas (as it was closed).

I think its just this time of year too. Hopefully in the next couple of months things will get better and there will be less bugs going around and she wont bring as many germs home with her.

My reasons for saying to keep her in are for you and the rest of the family. I recall you saying that she is a bit of a bully to Jess and I really do think that pre school is fab for them and she will learn loads there xx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 am

Yes Laura, she is rather ermmm challenging at times - lol.

Jess is much happier when Islas in nursery, bless her.

I can understand that kids get bugs and need to get them too.....its just the impact on the family and work thats concerning me??
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 am

I say keep her in too, I honestly think pre school is absolutely brilliant for toddlers and couldn't imagine not sending Libby.

I agree with Laura that its probably the time of year, hopefully as it starts getting warmer the bugs will bugger off.

Grrrr at your tumble dryer, whatever you do dont buy this one http://direct.asda.com/Russell-Hobbs-6Kg-Silver-Vented-Sensor-Tumble-Dryer/001561404,default,pd.html - we've had ours since August and it has been nothing but trouble since!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 am

It does seem quite bad - you think its all come from nursery?
Personally if you suspect so Id pull her out - and try another one.
Izzy goes 2 days a week and hasnt been ill at all, even when she used to go once a week (youd think less immunity?!) she wasnt ill to that extent

Maybe they have some kids there that go in when they are are ill, so all the kids get it?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 am

I spoke to my friend who said that her little boy was pretty much ill for the first 6 months at nursery, but after that he kind of toughened up to it.

The problem is, with the things that have been going around at the minute, they seem to linger. The coughs/colds we have had have gone on for 3-4 weeks each and are just hard to shake them off.

x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 am

Id not take her out its all immunity for later. It sounds like a rough run but its not gonna last forever and if its improving her relationship with her sister its gotta be worth it
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 am

Weve just been having a chat, and think that you are all right!!

Yes, its too important for her and us that she gets some interaction.....BUT I do have some concerns about her nursery, especially as she moves rooms soon, and she hasnt 'bonded' with any of the staff in that room.

I think we will keep her off this week as she is poorly, and enquire with our 'first choice nursery' that we couldnt get her in last year. She didnt want to come home from that one, and they have scored outstanding in everything.

Thankyou for grounding me, and making me thnk more rationally xxx
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 am

I deffo wouldn't take Isla out of nursery, you will get through this awful phase of illness.

Bethany started nursery in December 2009 when she was 8 months old and virtually from the day she started until I would say the March she had a constant cold, had to have anti B's a few times, even a trip to A&E when her temp went over 40. But honestly the following winter I really saw the difference, yes, Bethany still got colds (in fact she has one at the minute) but she deals with it much better, doesn't get a temp and I deffo believe it is the bugs early on which built her up.

Big hugs Lisa xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 am

I wouldn't take Isla out. Jamie's been ill pretty much since he started nursery but finally seems to be basically ok and I'm hoping that by the time he goes to school he'll have a great constitution. They're likely to pick everything up whenever they first come into contact with loads of kids and its probably better now than when she's at school

Poor you. You really have all been in the wars though. Its horribly draining isn't it. Hope you're all feeling better soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: God, give me strength!!!   God, give me strength!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

God, give me strength!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
God, give me strength!!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words