Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Scooter for a 3 year old?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Scooter for a 3 year old? _
PostSubject: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 am

It's Amelia's 3rd birthday at the end of March and I was going to get her a bike. However Daddy got there 1st but she has asked me for a scooter. Does anyone have one for their LO? Is it worth me getting her one or should I just get her a bike as the other one will live at Daddies house?
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 am

Izzy uses one at nursery, a three wheeled one

Id get a bike though...cos its not like you will be able to use Daves at your house

I got Izzy the Raleigh Crush 12" ... its SOOOOOO cute!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:54 am

will Dave def keep the bike at his house ? if so i would maybe go for a bike xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 am

We got paige a scooter for paige at xnas. its a three wheeler thing from the enitainer was only 20/25 quid its fab
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 am

I was going to ask the same question. I definitely want a scooter as I want to be able to balance it on the pushchair on the way back from the preschool run (I don't think you can leave them there, at least not securely), or if I've taken it off him because he's messing around. Plus he isn't into pedalling yet and we have a 2nd hand bike for him which came over the fence from a neighbour.

According to a friend with nearly 3 yr old and a nearly 5 yr old who reads shopping forums the good scooters are Mini Micro scooters ( http://www.johnlewis.com/230407860/Product.aspx) - but they are expensive!!!! I have seen an awful lot of them about since she mentioned them but it seems too much to spend on a 3 yr old. She bought 2 when JL had them on a good offer but I don't think they've used them much yet as they mostly do the school run by car.

Annoyingly there was a scooter for a fiver at a 2nd hand sale that would have been perfect had it not been Barbie or something similar (plain pink I might have considered)

So can anyone recommend something more around the £20 mark???
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:07 am

Andrew and soophie have the ozbozz scooter that goes from 4 to 3 to 2 wheels it is great Andrew and Sophie have used them loads since they had thtem! I got theirs for £15 but I saw them in asda last night for £19 Smile

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Bikes-and-Rideons/Scooters/My-First-Scooter-in-Blue(0077061)
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 am

Wriggler, hidden away in the Manufacturer's safety information:

"Minimum Age 24 months
Warning. Not to be used by children over 36 months"

That's a bit of a limited time window! You may have found it fine a bit past age 3 but I wouldn't want to buy it for a 3rd birthday. Plus 2 out of the 6 reviews aren't great, and one more review is by someone who hadn't actually used it yet when they wrote the review.

The more I look into it, the more I think a mini micro scooter is going to be the way to go... I want to find someone who has one to get Seb to try it first though. (Other than my friend who as far as I can tell has only used hers in the living room so far - I'm not sure going 1 metre on carpet would be a fair test!)
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:30 am

That is fair enough Smile sorry I couldn't help!
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 am

Wriggler - Sorry, didn't mean to be rude and knock your suggestion by the way (re-reading my response it comes across as a bit rude) - I just thought it was a bit much that they said 2+ on the main page of the website but if you actually bothered to look at the Safety info that it was only suitable up to 36 months... (Neither of my kids is light for their age either so we need something sturdy.)
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 am

I didn't think you were being rude I'm genuinely sorry I couldn't help Smile

It has a Mex weight limit of 20 kg which for some kids might be age 3 but Andrew is under 91 st centile for weight and going by that andrew should be at least 4 by the time he outgrows it by which time he should be confident enough on 2 wheels for a proper scooter Smile Sophie will be even older as she is roughly on 75th centile Smile

Hope you find something suitable Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 am

We have that ozbozz scooter that Wriggs posted link for. I didn't noticed it wasn't for over 3s. It looks sturdy though so i'm sure she'll use it for a long while. Immi LOVES hers. great price too
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:30 am

Scooters are the in thing at the moment i noticed.

Would she use both bikes? If it was me i think i would go for the scooter x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm

braden has this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-3-Wheel-Scooter/dp/B002XCVBRE

its fab, he loves it x

possible girly option?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girls-Disney-Princess-Tri-Scooter-Years/dp/B005MICLNO/ref=sr_1_2?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1326795460&sr=1-2

x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks guys for the input!

Yes I think she'd use a bike here and at her Dad's. She loves going for walks and I know that her Grandma and Grandad would take her out on it all the time too, when they walk the dogs. She's only at her Dad's Tuesday night (too late by then) and either a friday or saturday night until 6pm the following day so that would be the only time she'd use it there.

But from what I've read all your kids that have a scooter love them. And Roz I like your reasoning about transporting them about when the kiddie is dropped off somewhere or the tire of it.

Now I'm tied as I want to get her both! LOL She's having an Innotab so I think a bike and a scooter may be overkill!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 pm

maybe request an aunt , grandparent getting a scooter Smile
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 am

We had exactly the same thought Lisa (and Ros Smile ) for the bean - went to toys r s to have a play in the aisles, and although the scooter was 'ok' the concept of having to push with one foot seems a bit annoying for him a after a bit?! A surprise winner was a go-kart shaped pedal car - we're going to look into that a bit more I think. The bike / trike is a winner now though with peddling coming into it's own. Eyeing up a trampoline and water/sand table (I can't bear both at the same time however - the mixture annoys me too much!) and an art easel I think - nice and messy outside for the hopefully better weather.

The tiny one, however, I have no ideas for - panic buys this week methinks Laughing
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 am

Lillies had 2 for chirstmas lol she loves it its a 3 wheeler one, shes got one here and one at my mums. it all came from my younger brother havin one of those fold down ones that were al the rage a few years ago? she played on that at my mums and loved it so we bought her a 3 wheeler one and so did my brother (DUH!)

she loves it. I do want to get her a bike.. either her bday or maybe will have to wait till xmas.. we'll see x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:40 am

C has a mini micro scooter (shes actually got 2 as we got sent one through product reviewing so one is now awens for later, awens got the green and C has laid claim to the neon one) and they are superb. Shes taking some time to decide shes used to it but for quality they are amazing and the fact you lean to steer rather than turning a handle makes them more intuitve i think.

Shes also got a wooden balance bike and of the two seems to prefer that though shes v cautious on both i have to say

Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 am

we got evan a scooter for his christmas and he loves it, its the ozbozz cosmic lights scooter there is a boy and girl version, i got it from elc for £20, its a 3 wheeled one which when u turn it on there is lights on the base which flash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Scooter for a 3 year old?   Scooter for a 3 year old? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scooter for a 3 year old?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Scooter for a 3 year old? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words