Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

just cannot win !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 pm

my son who started high school is having troubles yet again !
remember the art thing ? well he no longer goes to art class , he requested being bale to do extra maths as he struggles but instead he goes and sits with his tutor who is an ex art teacher and she tries to teach him
Drama,,,, he has this role in a play where he is the father , they want him to wear trousers normal shoes and a fleece like jumper ! His teacher is having a royal go at him every week because he is not bringing in this jumper , he tells her the same thing every week , i do not own any fleecy jumpers ! she fails to believe that he lives in hooded zippy tops or hooded tops with some name all over it and i dont make him wear normal clothes !!
hello 12 year old boy ???? !!!! I say to him every week tell her to call me but she has not yet ! cowbag ! yesterday she told them they would be going out of school grounds on a certain day and everyone should wear a winter coat that day and she does not believe for one second that a single person in the class does not own one. dig at my so i reckon !
Kieran came home at lunchtime in a right foul mood other day some older boys had put his bag in the bin and in doing that they broke the strap Kieran being Kieran with his huge fear of germs refused to touch it ( his friend took it out bin and carried it to german class ) got a bollocking for refusing to touch his own bag , yes i see this has an over reaction but i also know what he is like for touching things that are "dirty"
he has just come home from school between classes ppl were taking the piss outta him as i told him i cannot replace his bag until i get into town on Saturday so he took his stuff in a blue plastic popper type folder ,well that got dumped and he is away back with a pen in his pocket !He also got a bollocking yesterday for not having a schoolbag and was told he was expected to be there today with one ! seriously the only place you could get a bag in this town is a plastic use for life one from the co-op

I know my son can get cocky , his hackles go up , very like me in that way but my god are these teachers real ?
It is only going to get worse aint it !
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Have you gone into the school to talk with the teachers?

Char
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Oooh I think you need to storm in there all guns blazing my love x
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 pm

i have been in twice and discussed things on parents evening ,,,,,,,
I dont wan tto go in and be the over defensive mother ya know , i am not claiming my son is perfect at all ,,,,,, just wondering if i am right in them being arsey or if its the automatic siding with my son taking over ,,,, that make sense ?
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 am

I don't know if your system is the same but does he have a head of year? If so have you spoken to them? If not, I would take it higher. If nothing else you'll be able to sit down and tell someone high up exactly how you're feeling and what you expect. They should then be able to pass that on and ensure its kept to
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 am

^^I agree i think you need to go back and discuss it with head of year or someone. Also why is it your responsibitity to replace a bag someone else broke. Why didn't the school look into that?

Sounds like the school care too much about petty things rather than teaching. My school got like that.
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:47 am

How about a letter to head of year, asking for clarification on the issues and if you still not happy request an appt to talk to them
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:00 pm

If I have any concerns with Lewis' school stuff I just email the teacher copying it to year head. Lewis is really well behaved at school and got a "concern" on his term report.i emailed that night his form tutor looked into it. Took Lewis to chat with teacher giving concern and found it was an error. I had an email back all dealt with.

With regards to the jumper could you not pick one up from primark or a charity shop. Lewis would have to supply it as part of getting the part.

I'd be a bit more involved, although I know we have to let them deal with it - he may not be able to make them understand esp like you say with the germ thing. Is this your only secondary/high school? Do you have another option if he doesn't settle down.
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

I have no experience of all this lot yet, but I would say write a letter to the form tutor explaining that he doesnt own a fleece jumper, explain his fears around cleanliness and that you will get a new bag however you have other children to care for and the earliest possible point you can do this is on the weekend so until then he will be using a plastic bag. And I too would copy in the year head so that there is someone else looking over it to make sure it gets actioned.

When i was at school, I would not be believed unless i had my story backed by a letter from home.

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

I have no experience either but to me it sounds unfair and i would be going into the school to have words x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

just cannot win !! _
PostSubject: Re: just cannot win !!   just cannot win !! Empty

Back to top Go down

just cannot win !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
just cannot win !! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
just cannot win !! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
just cannot win !! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
just cannot win !! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
just cannot win !! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
just cannot win !! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
just cannot win !! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
just cannot win !! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
just cannot win !! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
just cannot win !! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
just cannot win !! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
just cannot win !! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
just cannot win !! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
just cannot win !! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
just cannot win !! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website