Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Has anyone bought a baby nest???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Has anyone bought a baby nest??? _
PostSubject: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Just wondering, Elijah wants to be sat up all the time (with help!) and gets so frustrated in his bouncer, we are getting tired arms and wondered if a baby nest is any use?

If you have had one, how long did it last? I don't really want to buy something that will only be useful for a few weeks!

I was thinking of this one: http://www.mothercare.com/Early-Learning-Centre-Sit-Me-Up-Cosy/dp/B001CTFLVQ/sr=1-2/qid=1284974733/ref=sr_1_2/279-7919638-9141561?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42874041&mcb=core

But at 16 weeks, is it a bit late to bother???
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:27 pm

I wouldn't have thought so - some babies don't sit up til 10 months (like Isabelle!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Flick had this one and she liked it as a nest but the sitting up bit was too light for her, as soon as she leaned on it it fell over xxx
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 pm

i have one of these i didn't find it stood up properly it kept falling over.
he loved laying in it though
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 pm

same as emz xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm

I think they are a great idea, I'll definately get one for the newbie, Libby couldn't have one because she was in a harness til she was 6 months and by the time she came out of it could sit quite well (well, we would sit her with her back against the sofa with cushions either side just in case Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Icon_lol ), but yeah I think they are good xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:41 pm

i had a doughnut tyep nest, like a little seat. with a tray. it was great and didnt fall over! i will hunt down a link Very Happy

this is in asda. only my tray was solid plastic. i find them a better idea Smile

Has anyone bought a baby nest??? 2654535?hei=400&wid=400
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Hmmm, Eli is turning into a bit of a chunky monkey so he might be able to push it over when he's a bit older - I just read some of the reviews and now it sounds a bit rubbish! Bah!

Any other recommendations for a 3+ month old who is bored of laying on blankies (ahh it was good while it lasted Wink )?
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm

I think they look quite good, if it falls over when they lean on it then you could put it up against a chair! I might try to persuade OH we need one of them!!

Xx
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

I had one of them for Stephen but he doesn't really like it. Have you thought about a bumbo seat? I got one off netmums, I know some babies don't like them but Stephen is really long and chunky but has plenty of room in his and he loves it xxx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah i wud recommend a Bumbo. I bought one for alfie at about elis age and he goes in it quite a lot but has justb started to like it now!
x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 pm

I thought those nest things were rubbish tbh it titled backwards and we had tiled flooring so i really didnt trust it. Id defo recommend a bumbo though!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

hmm we have a bumbo that someone gave us, I thought you were meant to wait til they can sit up to use it??? Eli's head is nearly not wobbly but he's pretty far from sitting...

I love that open doughnut thing though! I want one! For me!
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 pm

get a bumbo. the idea is to sit babys up that sit up themselves. suitable from 3 months.caleb is still rubbish at supportng his head let alone his back but he loves going in him bumbo when hes bored of his bouncer and playmat x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 pm

what u posted is the one we got callum and have only just put it away hes 14months he loved it he use to sit in the middle of it when he couldnt sit unaided then when he could he liked sittin on the mat leanin bk on the bunny and when he could stand he stood against it playin with the bunny head x so good worth every penny for me xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 pm

I have never seen my baby so angry, we just put him in the bumbo Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

We didn't like the bumbo for Tyler tbh... used it about twice. He didn't really like it and it always made him sick!!

We had a nest like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Galt-Soft-Play-Playnest-Gym/dp/B00000IVWV/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1284980291&sr=8-2

and he LOOOOOOVED it. He was a buit like Elijah, wanted to be sat up all the time but couldnt (too nosey like his mum I think!)
but that nest was great, and he never tipped it over.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

oh but as soon as he could "move" he managed to climb out of it.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:03 am

ooh that galt one looks really good, sturdy Very Happy I don't mind him climbing out of it haha not too excited about the bumbo, maybe when he's a bit older? I'm glad we didn't pay for it if it's going to make him that angry though!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

We had one of those when Moo was little, It was brilliant for sleeping on/in like this -
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? 510b+4rqCSL._SX315_SY375_

But as he got older we didn't really use it as a sit me up support, as it toppled easily, we just used cushions and his v pillow. We never used it for him to 'sit in' as he always looked really squished as he had quite long legs
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 am

we had a bumbo for paige.. but her legs got too fat for it after a while. then i used to just hold her up! x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:03 am

his legs are a bit fat for it now! I'm hoping he's a very early crawler and burns it off hahaha
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:21 am

We had an inflatable playnest ("Galt" brand), which we used for tummy time probably from around 3 months and then for sitting up around 5-6 months. We did try it from newborn but he didn't like it them, probably because it didn't offer that much support.

Whilst it wasn't used for that long, we used it so much around 5-6 months that we took it with us when we went away for 4 days. It packs away relatively compactly and the fabric cover is machine-washable. Obviously being inflatable there's the risk of a puncture but we haven't had one.
(We got ours 2nd hand at an NCT sale for 3 quid, though I noticed at our local sale at the weekend that some people were pricing them around a tenner.)

Seb did work out how to roll onto his tummy, push with his feet, and launch himself out of the nest, so it was no good for "containing" him. However I think this was relatively unusual.

Ros
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Mari deffo go for the galt one if you can it is so sturdy!

Tyler never tipped it over and he used to thrash around in it lol

He loved it too cos eh felt all independant.

It was actually something my mum got for keeping round hers when we took Tyler there but I nicked it because it was so good!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Chloe had the same one that Zee posted and she still uses it now as it converts to from a nest to a half ring thing, she has it in her room and sits against it to read her books so it's definitely been worth it for me x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone bought a baby nest???   Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone bought a baby nest???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Has anyone bought a baby nest??? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words