Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! _
PostSubject: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Well..I knew eventually it would happen..and it did. Shayne gave Madisyn the wrong insulin tonight..instead of giving her the Levemir..which is her usual nighttime insulin(long acting 24 hour insulin which stays level)..he gave her 6 units of Rapid(ABSORBS immediately). SCAREY!! Have been up monitoring her as her sugars were dropping rapidly. Have been testing her every 15-20 minutes and was about to take her up to the hospital! Feeding her cola..cake icing...anything that has a high doses of sugar..shes being force fed! I don't know how he managed to make this HUGE mistake as her Rapid pen needle is brightly colored in ORANGE, and her Levemir is in the GREEN! Then to top things off..instead of being apologetic..he went on the war path..screaming at everyone..making Madisyn so upset and scared that she was starting to refuse to eat or drink anything. Why can't he just suck it up and say he fluffed up and remain calm..instead of blaming everyone else. I am going to take over administering her insulin 100% as I am afraid he might do this again. God..I get chills just thinking how he could easily switch her morning insulin from the NPH(17 units) to 17 units of the Rapid..which would kill her pretty much instantly! Mad Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Hope she is ok! And hubby realises what a plonker he is!

Xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Oh God Jen, hope she is ok,
why do men have to react like that, they cant see that their reaction just makes the situation worse.

Hows her sugar doing now? hope all ok hunny xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:59 pm

OMFG Jen that is heart stoppingly scary!!!! Poor Madisyn! Men do deal with their mistakes in such a stupid way, I'm sure your hubby was only being such a dick as he knew exactly how life threatening what he did was. I don't blame you for wanting to do it 100% from now on. Thank goodness you realised what had happened and she didn't just go straight to bed.

I hope to god she's ok now. I think you need a stiff drink after that (((((((hugs))))))) xxx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm

oooopsie Shayne !!! silly bugger probably reacted like that because like Lisa said he was frightened at what could have happened and just let rip. I bet he was really angry with himself. Hope she is ok xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:54 pm

hope all is well now?? scary thought~!! love n hugs x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Oh jen scary hon. I bet shayne got like that cos he was mad as hell at himself, my OH does the same, its ridiculous but its how men deal with cocking up. I bet after a nights sleep he will be sheepish as hell. Is it worth putting the insulin pens into tubs marked morning/evening/rapid etc in big ass red letters so he still takes responsibility but has a big warning staring him in the face. Hope Mady is ok today, the rapid should have worked through by now and once she is carbed up can get back on track. Hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:13 pm

awww jen ,,, i agree with other ladies that he probably kicked off as was so mad at himself and is how men react Sad
hope mady is ok hun x x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah id say he felt so guilty he ranted it off!x

Hope shes ok x How scary for you all xx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm

jesus, that's a huge mistake!!!(although sam has almost done that a fair few times even though his slow insulin is white and fast stuff is orange!)

i hope she's ok!!! sounds like shayne is being a typical man..get scared = start shouting and ranting!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

OMG, hope she's feeling ok now bless her!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 am

Yeah..thanks ladies..he was scared and felt guilty. I did give him supremo shit for acting like a jerk during the entire episode...making everything 10x worse. He needs to slow down and stop jumping for his work..and realize that taking it out on his family isn't going to make things better. Last night was a prime example... His mood swings have been unbearable because he takes on way too much at work and leaves very little left for us. He'd better smarten up or will be joining my baby sister in GP! xxx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 am

ohg hun i hope she is okay now.. poor little mite.. men aye?! but thats not the point x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 am

She started to go up around midnight..so we relaxed a little. I just don't know how it could even happen. She was miserable this morning for school..because of having her stay up so late making her eat and drink constantly. Will go up at lunch to check her and see how she's coping today. Poor kid. Hubby is defo in the dog house today! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 am

What a total twit!

I did something very similar with Aimee's heart medication when she was first out of hospital. They had 3 of her meds in the same bottles and I gave her the same one twice.

Luckily it was just one which made her wee and not her Captopril.

Glad to hear that she is feeling better now hun xx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 am

so glad shes ok! oh's are useless sometimes

x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 am

Redemption..he's back in the good books. Went up to check Maddy at lunch, and as I pulled in to her school parking lot..I spotted his work truck parked and he was hugging Madisyn. I could tell he was feeling pretty shitty. He followed me back home and had lunch here, and said he knows he needs to put his family first and his work second. He said with all these contracts piling up on him..the line get's fuzzy. He apologized for flipping out and taking out his frustration on his family. I told him that if he's feeling overwhelmed..to say so...and not take the entire world on his shoulders..he forgot we are a team. He wants to continue to do her nightly insulin injections as he feels it's important that he remains in the know with her. He just wants me to double check what he's giving her..which we should be doing anyways. We got lucky this time! xxx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 am

awww thats good. I bet he felt terrible. Glad all is ok in the Chav household again Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

OMG Jen - just seen this!!! Glad she is ok though....numpty hubby!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!   Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gah! Hubby is a Numpty!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Gah!  Hubby is a Numpty! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words