Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Gotta love half ass measures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Gotta love half ass measures _
PostSubject: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Decided to take C to weighing in clinic today. So got there and hv says oh shes over a year now no need to strip her off but id already done so so i just put her back in her nappy. Then i put her on scales and she started creating for her rabbit so the hv gave it to it then announced oh shes 20lb 5 1/2oz/9.23kilos and is back up on her line (she had dropped off it for some time now and no matter4 how much food i give her doesnt seem to be putting on anything). Anyway i redressed her and when i got home out of interest weighed a dry nappy and her rabbit. The difference they made was 1/2 a lb. So C is actually 19-14 and is still off her line. Might not seem much to some but if i wanted a rough weight id have stuck her on the scales in the bathroom like ive done for the last 6 months when i actually wanted to know how much she actually weighed and if she was still puddling about under her line and didnt get an accurate answer for either. Is it any wonder i detest health visitors, ive changed her book so its at least accurate.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 pm

I know what you mean, Libby jumped up on her chart when she got weighed after her birthday - they dont bother undressing them after 12 months Gotta love half ass measures Icon_rolleyes Seems so silly x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:15 pm

health visitors are useless!!

we stopped taking lily-ann to the weigh ins and stuff as they'd ask if we had concerns, we'd tell them that we're worried about her deveolpment but they'd dismiss it and comment on her having a squint(which she doesn't have)
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 pm

im so glad iv a good HV!!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:10 am

Mines feckin useless
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:16 am

thats so silly!

we just do it on our scales now dressed, but if I had worries I'd want a proper weigh done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 am

I haven't been to see mine for 6 months, don't really see the point, I can weigh her at home just as accurately now as she'll stand on the scales now x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:36 am

yeah, its odd... for some reason when they reach a year old, they do it dressed. We had Aimee's hospital appointment the other week and they did her dressed too!

x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah, i mean i can see that you dont want ppl bringing in starkers 3 year olds! But that said C is 17 months and small for her age so i wanted an accurate weight just to see if she had popped back up to her line now shes eating better again after being so off food between teeth and poorliness for so many weeks on end. Otherwise id have just carried on doing it at home on the scales at bathtime.

TBH it wasnt even that i did it in her nappy which was dry so much as silly hv was quite content to weigh the bunny too, i was content that a dry nappy doesnt weigh that much but the bunny is well stuffed with padding and half a pound on his own. If i wanted him weighed id have asked but he has a good diet of c's leftovers she feeds him and im not worried about his weight! Still ive amended the book and from now on i'll just do it at home on my own, if its gonna be done half ass i might as well save petrol so im not taking her to clinic anymore, they've never been a shit of good when ive needed them anyway so why waste my time

With the next one im steering as clear as humanly possible of the whole shower of em except the mandatory visits. If i have any probs i'll be going elsewhere for help
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 am

quite right Very Happy

my HV still comes to the house every 2/3 weeks to see my pair. and she weighs alasdair naked. think thats cause he is in our own home thou ?? they kept his vest and nappy on him when they weighed him at the clinic for his last injections. but they deducted a bit for clothes and nappy Question
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am

Lucky you

Ive been told they are now sent out by geographuical area not docs surgeries so might get one who is not a total moron this time as ive moved but not changed docs so my old one wasnt actually in my area of town
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love half ass measures   Gotta love half ass measures Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love half ass measures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Gotta love half ass measures Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words