Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

another 'kenty family' whinge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

another 'kenty family' whinge _
PostSubject: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:53 am

right...planning our wedding...i didn't get to choose my bridesmaids, they all kinda assumed they were bridesmaids and i just went with it....

now i was gonna get married on NYE and my brother was like 'me and (insert names) always spend NYE together' so being nice i said fair enough, they can come to which he replied 'well i figured they'd be invited anyway!!!' they're not even my proper friends...anyways i've invited them...today though i called up said brother to say yay i've booked the wedding, his response was to ask 'what about laura's(his wife) mum and dad!! he was at their house so basically said it in front of them. i'd not added them on the guest list and told him so, said i'd call him back in half hour when kids were quiet...

well when i called him back before i could say anything he informed me he'd asked her parents if they wanted to go and they'd said no anyways!!!

sorry but whose wedding is this Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

feels like they're proper taking over my wedding(won't even go into how badly my sister is trying to take over!)
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 am

Is it too late to change venues? Fly your buns over this way and get married atop Whistler's mountain slopes! Don't let anyone plan your special day for you..and trying to please everyone will just make you unhappy. This one day..it's all about you Sam Lumpy and Lewis! No one else matters! xxx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 am

ARGH they make me so MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Tell them straight Kenty, don't go pandering to a single one of them! x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:02 am

haha too late, deposits are paid Sad i'd LOVE to just go away and get it done with but my family think it's selfish to do that...they lose out on a free meal!

it's not even about us, it feels like i'm doing everything to please everyone else...we said 8th....father announced couldnt do that as it was his gf's birthday! so now we've changed the date yet again

sam jokingly said about having lewis as best man which i think is super cute...and having lumpy being carried down the aisle...but then i HAVE to have brother's 2girls, then my eldest brother would kick off so would have to have his too...so i've had to exclude my kids so i don't have to spend a fortune outfitting their kids and finding places in the wedding for them

and breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 am

Evil or Very Mad Oooo they are so cheeky!
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 am

OMG this is one of the advantages of being an only child! I can't believe they're all being so fecking annoying. Your wedding, your babies, your choice. If you want your bubba's being involved then do it hun. If they then kick off about theirs not being involved just say it's only your 2 to make your life easier and the whole thing cheaper. Can't agrue with that! x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 am

oh yeh, mine can....i say that they all say they'll buy the kids outfits...but they don't get paid until whenever so can they borrow the money....and then they never pay it back

most of my family are the cheekiest fekers ever
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 am

GRRRRRRRR let me at em, let me at em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 am

I'm with Lisa, why cant you have your babies involved in your wedding without your brothers children being involved!?
You tell them where to go Kenty! Its Yours and Sams day not your familys!

Sorry you are getting so much hassle, its just not fair to have so many expectations from others especially when all you want is to get married, Forget the rest of the day, its about you and sam dedicating yourselves to each other, why do you family get a say in that?

another 'kenty family' whinge 15967

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
JOandCONNIE

JOandCONNIE

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 am

This is YOUR day. Do things YOUR way. Tell them all to bugger off!!x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:18 am

I'd tell them to feck off, if you want your babies involved then do it. If they want their kids to be bridesmaids or whatever then they can get married!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 am

Wanna come to your wedding for two reasons...1 of course being there to witness you and Sam tie the knot and finally meeting you both and your gorgeous kiddies...and 2 - going kick ass on your family(all of course being done in the back alley where the dumpsters are located where you won't have a clue)! You do not let anyone tell you how to run your own party! If they don't like it..tough titty! If they don't show up because they are pouting and feeling sorry for themselves..than good..you don't need any of it on wedding day! xxx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 am

haha pretty hotels don't have back alleys jen Laughing

it's my own fault for not being firmer i guess...but i'm a total people pleaser Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 am

Don't worry Jen I'm sure there will be either a wooded area or a pond where you could do your worst and dispose of the evidence!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 am

kenty wrote:
haha pretty hotels don't have back alleys jen Laughing

it's my own fault for not being firmer i guess...but i'm a total people pleaser Embarassed

Oh yes they do! There is always a dark shady place where severe beatin's can take place..even in the loveliest of venues! You need someone you trust to take over as your - mouth piece - to wrangle and handle all the bitchy family drama. That way..u can enjoy your day..while someone else covers your back. Usually the maid of honor or best man handle all the crapola so you can go on and enjoy your day! xxx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:33 am

my 'maid of honour' is my middle brother's bitchy gf who tried taking over telling me what i can/cant have for my wedding...and the one that bitched behind my back that i'll never be a size 8 again(said to all my other family with a big smirk)

it'd be so nice to have a family that love me...not just wanted me for something all the bloody time Sad
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 am

Like LisaG..I am vibrating with rage!
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:41 am

ah..don't be...i'm only mildly p*ssed at them at the mo...i may never be a size 8 again, but she's a size 16 and in her mid 60s so even at a 'fat' size 12 i'll look a million times better than her Laughing

sam would happily tell them where to shove it but bless him he knows family are important to me so keeps his mouth shut
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 am

you know how I feel about it and ive already told you not to let them control you hun.....

Just wanted to say. congrats on having it all booked! get looking for dresses and ignore your family. get the girls out on a girly day. kids with sam and have yourself some fun. oh and let them treat you to lunch (and a few drinks)

x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 am

Oh jeez Kenty hun - what a pain in the arse!

I agree with the other ladies - you gotta have gorgeous Lumpy and Lewis in your wedding. There are gonna be a zillion kids at my wedding (not through my choice Rolling Eyes ) and the only ones actually involved are my own.

I can totaly sympathise with you though hun. My wedding started out at a lovely 60 people do. My parents are paying (for which Im entirely greatfull but...) so we agreed to keep it as small as possible, I've excluded some friends from the day time bit and only a handful of special ones are invited. So to cut a long story short everytime I speak to my mum I get "what about so and so - you can't not invite them - and if you invite them you gotta invite their aunties brothers gfs dog..... blah blah blah" so now I am up to 90 people Shocked and I rang my mum today only to be told that she has invited our old neighbours who we see maybe once a year (they are lovely but still..) I can feel bridezilla bubbling up inside me already and I have 11 months to go Mad.

I would love to say do what you want hun, it's your day, but that would be slightly hypocrytical of me Rolling Eyes so all I can do is sympathise and offer my support and advice if you need it.

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 am

Hunni, you really should have Lumpy and Lewis involved in your wedding if that is what you want.

If you dont want confrontation, I would be sneeky and just buy them both 'special' outfits i.e. bridesmaid and page boy, and just not tell anybody until they see them. You could always discuss it with Sam and tell your family that he has organised for them to be in the wedding party 'as a surprise for you'.

That way, you dont have to have all of the other people you dont want and can still have your kiddies.

Ok, its a bit of a fib, but at least you are getting what you want on your big day, and that is the most important thing x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:40 am

What a nightmare. If it were me I just wouldn't involve them in any of the plans. Just tell them when and where to turn up and keep them in the dark about details. If they ask just say it's all been dealt with and tell them to back off. Honestly if you give in to them now, just to please them, you'll regret it forever, you only get one first wedding day, and you can't change it once it's done, so have the day you want not what they want x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:10 am

its your wedding
Hun! You do what you want to+do.
We have the same
problem, but I've told
Perry
already,
its our day and this is how it
is!
If no one
likes it then piss off! Xxx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 am

awww kenty they ur brother is a cheeky git inviting people u dont even know without asking you xx

Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 am

thanks girls!! i feel like such a pansy for allowing them to treat me like a pushover...gutting enough i called up my dad tonight to tell him it's booked....yeh, my brother has got there first and already told everyone in the family :?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: another 'kenty family' whinge   another 'kenty family' whinge Empty

Back to top Go down

another 'kenty family' whinge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
another 'kenty family' whinge Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words