Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Think my body might be trying to tell me something?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Think my body might be trying to tell me something? _
PostSubject: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 am

Had to ring in sick for work last night. Ive never known my OH to ask me to before but he did yesterday. I cant put my finger on what it is but im just not feeling quite right at the mo. Im just totally wiped out and feeling bleh. Still getting bp spikes too. Obviously cant ring in tired so told em i had a headache which isnt a total lie as ive had em all week. Felt bad letting my colleagues down as i hate working nights short but i worked weds feeling the same and could hardly stand by the time i got home

Anyways after i rang in started getting pain in my right side low down, pretty constant and quite painful. I think its ligaments as id sneezed day before and felt what felt like a rip across my belly. So cudnt have worked anyway. Anyways i spent last night smirching my my feet up on my lappy and pain had eased to a dull ache by this am. Went for a walk round town but after an hour the pain was bad again so we came home early. Its faded down again now so im in tommorrow but a little worried cos when i went in weds and told em i had bruised ribs they still had me shoving trolleys and hauling pts about all night. Hoping im not too sore after my shift tommorrow

I hate moaning and putting on other ppl but not sure if this is me needing to do something different. Im stuck on nights for now as dont have childcare for days but dunno what to do for best. Sorry to whine at you all again. Im not a mis git when im not prego i promise
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 am

Yes your body is telling you to slow down woman!!!! I know you don't want to let your colleagues down but honeslty you do too much. Can you have a word with someone and say your not feeling great and that you cannot be doing the things you normally do? At the end of the day it's really not worth putting your health at risk.

Have you spoken to your midwife about your BP yet? xxx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 am

Mario now listen up.... if you feel sore at anytime during your shift tomorrow you are to tell them and get yourself home!!! Be told!!! You need to look after yourself rather than everyone else for a change xxx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 am

I certainly dont think you should be doing all that physical stuff , is there any option to it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:32 am

No suse ive been keeping a record of it cos im seeing her thurs (shit i gotta book that)

I just feel like i cant keep going in moaning. Had bruises from scan wed, rang in fri and if i go in tommorrow and say ive got pain in my side they are gonna be like oh ffs shes whining again.

But 13 hours is a long time when ur hurting it really is Sad
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 am

It's too long is what it is. So what if they think your moaning, stuff them if they feel like that, they should be concerned not whinging. Think my body might be trying to tell me something? 466645
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 am

If you went on long term sick it could seriously affect your mat leave and pay so dont think thats an option you want to take lightly. Can you not be seconded to another department which is quieter?? x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 am

Ive got no intention of going long term sick meg i think being home all day wud kill me lol

I cant get seconded cos of my grading i dont think
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 am

13 mins is too long when you're hurting! You're not just whining for the sake of it though, honestly hun you really need to slow down. Have your work carried out a risk assessment yet? Like Lisa said, you surely shouldn't be doing all the physical things that you would normally do.

Just think they are going to have to manage when your on maternity leave for months and months so a few more days isn't going to kill them. xxx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:40 am

good point Susan - i work in an office sat on my butt and they still had to do a risk assessment. i do believe it is the law x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:42 am

Here you go

http://www.hrmguide.co.uk/hrm/steele/bulletin18.htm
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:45 am

Yeah my works crap at that. I had to nag em last time to get it done and its not even been mentioned this time even though they have known since i was 5 weeks. Its not my peers most of them help its the management. I told the sister in charge i had bruised ribs on weds and middle of the night she asked me to help move someone up the trolley who must have had 4 stone on me and im a big beast and couldnt do anything more n wiggle her ass a bit to help and the senior management are even worse, those that even have kids (cos half of em are old school nurses and dont) have grown kids and grandkids and aint done nights or been preg in twenty odd years
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:50 am

Well you've got to be assessed and soonish. Things like this really piss me off when management put aside the "paperwork" for now. its not good enough !!! this is you and your baby's health at risk. God forbid anything happened to either of you, at least it is written in black and white what they have and should be doing to accommodate you. If they cant help make things easier for you then you have the right to be temporarily suspended on full pay x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:52 am

Screw what they think, yours and babys health comes first! Tell them that you wont be doing heavy lifting and thats the end of it!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 am

Think will just see how it goes 2moro and speak to my mw thurs. She was my mw last time and is pretty spot on, she usually tells me when she thinks im going ott as i have a slight tendency to at times and when i need to cut back. Maybe im just tired and whiny and driving myself nuts though! Bloody hormones prob

Thanks for the info meg, dont really wanna go the route of time off tbh as im trying to build up a good mat pay and i only have 4 months left to get through but maybe i have to go in and say cmon gimme a break a lil bit and hope they dont think im whinging too much as im hardly the 1st nurse to ever be preg.

Sorry for moaning all
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:06 am

you're not moaning at all. you had a troubled pregnancy and labour with C so you are obviously higher risk for a start. Thats enough to make any woman feel anxious. Glad you've got a fab MW though and hopefully she will sit you down when its time and have a word in your shell to say "time to relax". This is YOUR baby and you have every right to call the shots if you think its getting you down or making feel like shite x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 am

Lol i drive her insane Meg. When i walked in this time she just went oh god. She threatened to tie me to a chair last time - was on the sides cleaning my cupboard tops and my husband ratted me out - git. I admit to being naturally full of nervous energy

Im gonna play tommorrow by ear i think
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 am

Hey all
Well got through shift but im so wrecked. Luckily id forgotten yesterday this was my short day so only in for 8 hours. Was hanging by 1230 and quite achy. Luckily was my fave charge nurse so hes pretty good for letting u have breaks and such and rang my parents to beg em to drop c off to me so dont have to make pick up run and told neil he could go shopping for tea between jobs so im home now with a banging headache. Did a wee dipstick while at work today and its not much but got couple bits in it so poss brewing uti which might be why im a bit bleck. Gonna ring my mw tommorrow i think for a chinwag and see what she thinks
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 am

glad you got through it mario but you should be on your second risk assessment by now and god forbid anything happened to you or bean they would be strung up by the bits. are you in union? could yo speak to rep? its really not good that you are still doing the same duties without question.
i am really cross for you right now!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 am

Glad you got through it Very Happy, I think its so terrible that your a nurse but your colleagues seem to have so little compassion for you, they should know better than anyone that you need to take it easy x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 am

i am in agreement with every one! slow down and dont think ur nagging. they need to do a risk assessment Neutral the care home i worked for when preg with alasdair go scudded with a law suit from another girl and when they found out i was preg, i was forced out...

u need to look after number one x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think my body might be trying to tell me something?   Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Empty

Back to top Go down

Think my body might be trying to tell me something?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Think my body might be trying to tell me something? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words