Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! _
PostSubject: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Caitlin is seeing the dietician and consultant on Thur re her milk allergy. She hasnt had any milk since she was 8 weeks, and has never had normal youghurt, cheese, butter, biscuits, cakes. Even egg has been avoided and her diet is mainly fruit, veg, meat, pasta, soya products, and ordinary bread (she cant have pancakes, wheaten bread, scones etc).

Modern thinking is that a high % of children grow out of milk allergy by 1. Id been putting it off as the last time she took a btl of milk at 8 wks she ended up in an ambulance, with a big rash and having breathing difficulties....(Prior to that even my BF was giving her gastric pain that kept her up all night screaming) Yesterday though I gave her 3 teaspoons of ordinary youghurt. I stripped her to her nappy and watched her like at hawk all afternoon Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! 548646 ... and nothing. Not a spot, no crying, no puffy eyes... no ambulance! Very Happy I was sooo happy and relieved. Only thing is I have to do it all again now at lunch. Maybe trying her with 5 spoons to up her tolerance. There's also a chance that yday will have just reintroduced the allergen and today could give a reaction. Feeling hopeful but still shitting myself.

Im quite used to her milk free diet and would feel awful if I made her ill again just so she could have milk. But at the same time I want her to have a 'normal' diet and not panic when she playing with other kiddies that they going to give her chocolate or that she will pick up their beaker of milk and die Crying or Very sad .

Pointless post, just wanted to share that im on eggshells this week and crossing fingers she ok. This week youghurt, next week butter or cheese Laughing !!! Think it will be weeks before I let her try a drink of milk but even if she could tolerate milk in food it would be an achievement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 pm

good luck hunny i hope she has grown out of it and.. can enjoy a normal diet .. i would be very anxous (sp) like you i think your brave xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 pm

awww hope it goes ok and shes able to have dairy x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Good luck, I hope she's grown out of it! I used to be alergic to milk when I was a baby I had to have soya but I grew out of it. Weirdly enough I don't like milk now though so I don't drink it but I'm fine with cheese and stuff x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Best of luck honey. Have you got some piriton on hand. If she starts to react at least it might keep a bad reaction at bay until you can get her checked. Best of luck and i hope she tolerates it well
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 am

Just to update the 5 spoons of youghurt went fine Very Happy Probably do half a youghurt 2moro.

Thanx for mentioning piriton mario. I do have it but tbh didnt even think about it. My mind was focused on having a phone near by for ambulance and an overnight bag ready. Was being so over the top I hadnt even thought about the obvious should a mild reaction occur! X
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 am

glad it went ok hun Smile
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:28 am

Oh good for Caitlin not having a reaction! I can't imagine how scared you must be feeling, I hope it continues to go so well x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 am

Glad it went well! My friends little girl had a really bad milk allergy too, the one time she grabbed Lilys cup and a tiny splash of milk landed on her and more or less immediately she had a terrible red rash etc - I was really scared so can only imagine how you must have been worrying!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 am

Kate funny you should mention the skin reaction. A bit of yoghurt dripped on her bare chest when I was feeding her and I nearly wiped it off but then something told me to leave it. I then kept looking at were it had hit her (she rubbed it in anyway) to see if a hive appeared and it didnt. Guessing thats a good sign too!

Your poor friend having her child so allergic too, its a constant worry especially when other LO's are about or she goes out with grandparents etc who arent used to her diet. I just pray she is over it before I hav to leave her at a nursery. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!   Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Introducing dairy Eeeekkk!!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words