Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Your toddler and high chairs...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Your toddler and high chairs... _
PostSubject: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:02 am

Climb up into theirs Shocked ???

We still use one as much easier for me not having to bend down to low toddler chairs as yet, so it's always out - but that may well have to change as the young mountaineer can scale the bloody thing and sit himself in it!!

I have the extra strain of lifting him in / out so you'd think it'd be a bonus that he can do it himself - but I really don't want to encourage it. Too high and too dangerous for my liking...

Anyone else?! x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 am

ive got the Safety First one that you put onto your own dining chairs - so hopefully madam wont get any clever ideas x
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:24 am

Seb worked out how to climb his around 16-17 months. Once in the seat he then tried to put his weight on the tray support in order to climb across onto the dining table or kitchen worktop, not safe... Fortunately it was just a phase that lasted a few days (along with climbing on the dining table at my parents'); he hasn't tried it lately. He never climbs up to sit in the seat, despite being very enthusiastic about food.
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 am

Hi Grace, Bethany hasn't used her high chair since about August as she hated going into it, I think it came from nursery where they sit at little tables and chairs to have their meals.

We bought a booster seat that fits into one of our chairs and the handy thing is that it has a little carry case so we can take it out and about with us.

Here is it:-

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3764611/Trail/searchtext%3EBOOSTER+SEAT.htm

xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm

I've bought a booster seat too, she much prefers to sit at the table for dinner, and she can climb in and out of it by herself too x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 am

We do have a 2nd hand booster seat for when we travel but it isn't as comfortable as the highchair - he slouches on it, and it moves around on the dining chair when he headbangs (not rare at mealtimes). Plus the tray is smaller, and he isn't neat enough to use the dining table yet - I like having a nice big tray that can be washed up (just wish they sold the chairs with a spare tray!). He also eats at table and chairs at nursery but seems happy in the highchair at home. I'm hoping he'll last in the highchair until no2 needs it, then we might have to buy a better booster seat.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 am

Yer, Oliver climbs into his too. He has a booster that he climbs onto but then he'll climb anything to get that bit higher Rolling Eyes His new trick is to drag his chair or table even across the kitchen to stand on so he can be nearer me - sweet really I love you
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 am

We have this booster but there's not much leg room scratch so not as comfy either Ros, only used for visits to family:

for those using a booster chair at the table - do you use a plate or put food / nibbles on the table or a placemat? As we use the tray obv. on the high chair...

The first we realised he could climb the chair was last weekend when shifting furniture (well, I was pointing and instructing Smile ) - we turned round and he'd scaled the chair, got a glass air freshener off the table where it'd been moved to, turned and sat in the seat and was very pleased with himself, inspecting the thing Rolling Eyes xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:04 am

Oliver has the same one as Minimegs Cerys - its a safety 1st one and we've had it since he was about 3mth. It reclines for first weaners, can take tray and back off so its litrally a booster.
We are simply using it as a booster now, straight up at the table. He has a plate/bowel, cutlery etc I've never really bothered with 'baby' plates either an he just has the same as us (well a smaller side plate lol) Very Happy

This is our booster..t'was a bit expensive in comparason to some boosters, but its good from 4mth-3yrs
Your toddler and high chairs... KC00850-alt1_l
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=36303&source=froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:42 am

GraceBean&Pip wrote:
We have this booster but there's not much leg room scratch so not as comfy either Ros, only used for visits to family:

for those using a booster chair at the table - do you use a plate or put food / nibbles on the table or a placemat? As we use the tray obv. on the high chair...

The first we realised he could climb the chair was last weekend when shifting furniture (well, I was pointing and instructing Smile ) - we turned round and he'd scaled the chair, got a glass air freshener off the table where it'd been moved to, turned and sat in the seat and was very pleased with himself, inspecting the thing Rolling Eyes xx

In answer to your question Grace, we just put Bethany's bowl or plate on the table on a tablemat, same as us xx
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 am

I wondered how anyone can get an 18 month old to eat neatly at a table, but Seb went to a 2nd birthday party today with about 20 children, and observing tea-time it was obvious that some children are an awful lot neater than him. This is despite the fact that he is keen on his food and generally doesn't play with it, but he does ram more towards his mouth than will actually fit so bits of sandwich spill out...

At least it was in a soft play place so I didn't feel guilty about the mess, and the birthday boy was equally messy.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:47 am

I use a normal plate and cutlery on a place mat then I put a plastic mat under the chair to save the carpet a bit!

This is the one I have, it's from John Lewis and is cheap and cheerful but does the trick

http://www.johnlewis.com/230449564/Product.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:41 am

You know Ros, I think it's another boy/girl thing. I could be wrong but girls don't wreck the place, have to touch / look at everything within reach, climb up every single thing and could very possibly be gentler eaters too! Talking generally, of course! Laughing

Maybe they'll grow out of these things in another couple of months... *crossed fingers*

Because I give him a bit of everything from his plate, and put it on his tray - when I offer him the plate he has to empty it off onto the tray too and tell me it's all 'gone' before tucking in Rolling Eyes

Think we'll try some plate training in the meantime. It doesn't help having pictures on his plates so he wants to shift the food to see the picture! And a drink out of his winnie the pooh cup takes foreeeeeever - has to turn, check, turn, check... Laughing

Re. the climbing a loud 'No or Oi!' seems to be doing it in the meantime... time will tell - too agile for his own good though xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 am

We have this one - the toys have always provided an excellent distraction!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Healthy-Care-Booster/dp/B000YS1YVC
We use this without the tray just at the table now though with a normal plate/mat etc. Lily goes to my moms for 2 days per week while i am at work and they dont have a seat so she just sits on a cushion on a dining room chair.

I think there is deffo a difference with boys and girls as my friends who have boys say they are more messy/wont sit still etc!!
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 am

Based on the observations at the party it was very much a gender thing, but I didn't like to generalise based on a handful of children! On the other hand the girls were glued to the screen showing Cbeebies on mute, so maybe they didn't really bother with eating, whereas the boys did at least attempt the food (some of which really wasn't particularly suitable for kids that young, but the soft play place supplied it).
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 am

My LO used to do the plate emptying thing too, but it does pass quickly. My LO's quite a tidy, mathodical eater..like his mama thank god, although he is picking up on some of dada's eating habits like shoving huge mouthfuls in then nearly gagging Rolling Eyes

I would just go ahead with the plate thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:37 am

I had to throw mine out months ago as i found Sam stood on the tray. I had strapped him in and literally walked to kitchen back to living room (and we dont live in a mansion!) and he had escaped and was stood there!! He had also broken the tray getting out!!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:41 am

Your toddler and high chairs... 89354

That doesn't sound like something a minxy bean would do at all... Laughing

Well as for climbing up it, the 'no' seems to working for now (wonders will never cease) but he's so quick and agile that it's only a matter of time. With the plate thing... we tried again today but he just emptied it all onto the tray as per, then gave the plate a good examine / bit of a lick before handing it back to me, saying "gone" Rolling Eyes Smile We'll keep at it - think if we can figure that then we could move to a booster or small chair with table?! x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 am

Wil has his highchair straight up to the table now, we took the tray off because he annouced 'off' and pushed it one day. He is far happier straight up to the table like a big boy.

It does cause a problem though because he can now stand up in his chair and reach on to the table.

We have a wipe clean table cloth on our table and it is a good job Laughing

Wil uses a plastic plate or bowl and mini cutlery straight onto the table cloth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddler and high chairs...   Your toddler and high chairs... Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Your toddler and high chairs... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words