Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Recommend a Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:28 pm

thought it would be nice for a book section.

I'm currently reading "Innocent Traitor" now i'm i've only just started this week but i love it.

For me this is really good as i don't read books often as i get very bored.
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 am

I have read katie price paradise recently and loved it i have all her books which is wierd cos i dont realli like her but her book are fab xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 am

I really liked that book Kelly. If you like that you would probably also like 'the other boleyn girl' by Philippa Gregory x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:45 am

Kate, thats why i got this book. i loved the Other boleyn girl film so no doubt will like the book too
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:34 am

I thought the book was loads better than the film as it was much more detailed - let me know what you think once you've read it!
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 am

Great thread Kelly. I don't get to read as much as I used to but I can recommend Marian Keyes bookes but my favourite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 am

I haven't read a book in ages..probably before I discovered baby forums scratch

I love horror books..I think the last ones I read were 'slugs', 'spawn' and started reading 'nemesis' by Shaun Hutson.

I loved the Dave Pelzer series too. Ohh and i've read all the Harry potters..they were my faves Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Lelsey Pearse-Remember me (made me cry...alot!)
Sophie Kingsella books for a giggle!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 am

I love nikki French her books are great. The first I read was called killing me softly, I absolutely loved it and literally couldn't put it down. I've since read lots of her others and they're all really good.

Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 am

Sorry ladies, but this thread has inspired me to dig out my books (still sat in a box in the cupboard from when we moved here over a year ago!) So, could you possibly tell us what sort of books they are? ie' horrors, Biographies, Fiction, historical etc Cheers Very Happy

Me thinks i'll be stocking up on books for these cold winter months
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Innocent Traitor is Fiction (but is based on past events during Henry VIII ruling)
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 am

I am a HUGE reader,
I must have read thousands of them in my time.
I love chick lit, horror, romance, cereal packets
Anything really
XxXxX
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 pm

I am also an avid reader - need something to pass the commute

(if I go quiet on here it is because I am reading a book I can't put down)

My favourite book is The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (written as a fictional story but not really fiction)

I recommend Philip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy - Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass (fiction/ fantasy but so beautiful)

I am also a Harry Potter and Twilight Fan

I have just read two books by Kate Mosse - Labyrinth and Sepulchre and I couldn't put them down
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Good books   Recommend a Book EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:01 am

I have just recently got back into reading and have read a couple of great books from the library, so thought i would share them with you all.

Slumdog Millionaire - sorry i can't remember the author, but i'm sure most of you have heard of the film. I haven't actually seen the film but the book was fab, although a little bit gruesome in parts it had me hooked.

The Island - again i can't remember the full authors name but the surname was Hislop. This is the best book i have read for years. It's a fictional book based on an old lepar colony off the island of Crete.

Will add some more as i think of them, but please feel free to add...
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Oh good idea for a thread. I must say i don't read much anymore and what i do read tends to be chick lit really.. although good books, not exactly thought provoking.
I keep being told to read the Twilight books but haven't got round to it, has anyone read them? Better than the films? (books usually are)
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 am

Shell - Ive just read Twilight and it was amazing - so much better than the film! Ive just got New Moon out yday so im looking forward to getting stuck into that this week. Theres a lot of stuff in the books that are missed out of the films!

I also love autobiographies and im dead sad but i love Katie Prices books too!!

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am

Ive read some pretty good books recently (and by recently I mean when I was pregnant haha where did 3 months go???). I'm normally into non-fiction rather than stories but since being pregnant I have ventured out of the academic world!

I read Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones (only really makes sense if you know Great Expectations pretty well)

Fingersmith and The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (nice writing style, really readable for tired eyes, but always seem to include some lesbian sexy times!?)

I keep nearly reading The Devil's Chaplain by Richard Dawkins but then he sounds so bloody smug i stop again haha

I love The Book Thief (Markus Zusak), Oliver Sacks and E.E. Cumming.

But above all others I love Tove Jansson - not just the author of The Moomins but her adult books are beautiful. 'The Summer Book' and 'The Winter Book' are fantastic reads, short enough to dip into if you have an unpredictable baby and are based on her nordic upbringing, just amazing Very Happy

oh i have also been reading Tales from African Dreamtime which I will read to Elijah when he is older, they are beautiful traditional children's stories from tribes which are so good at explaining things the western world takes for granted!
Back to top Go down
andreah

andreah

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Ooooh, i buy and read LOADS of books! I read a lot of Chick-lit but TRYING my hardest to read different kinds! I recently read "The Slap" by Christos Tsiolkas which was "OK" - quite strong language tho which i didnt really like!

"Ice Cream Girls" by Dorothy Koomson was very good! I am now reading Cecilia Ahern "The Book of Tomorrow"

I also liked Celestine Prophecy, and i have read all the Dan Browns. Ben Elton is a good read aswell! Haha, as you can tell, i read ALLSORTS! So am also up for varied suggestions
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Im only just getting back into reading too.

Ones Iv read recently - The Twilight books, Im on the 3rd and love them. They are a bit dippy teen drama but surprisingly gripping.
The Gift. I think it was by cecilia ahern, made me cry at the end though.

All time faves are Adrian Mole, if you can read him from the start "Adrian mole aged 13 3/4" they are laugh out loud funny. There must be about 6 books now. The Queen & I is another good one by Sue Townsend, again quiet amusing. Loved Peter Kay The Sound of Laughter.

As a teenager I loved Junk by Melvin Burges??? Its about teen squatters who get hooked on heroin. Oh and at school I loved to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 pm

ok.. im a freak!

i have every Virginia Andrews, Catherine Cookson and Danielle Steel book!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:18 am

snoopy21 wrote:
As a teenager I loved Junk by Melvin Burges??? Its about teen squatters who get hooked on heroin.

I loved that book as well. I was 10 when i first read it (i took it from my sis who was studying it at school) but i've read it about 5 times since.

I love Nick Hornby books too. About a Boy is just hilarious but i've read a few more, some serious subjects and they are all great
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 am

i've just recently read all jackie collins luncky santangelo series, waiting for the new one, loved the fact i could escape from work and other stuff and into a different world.

looking at reading other jackie collins.

i got all the jilly coopers too, mmmm rupert

but my fav is message from nam by danielle steel, ohh might read it again been years since i last did

also love love love harry potter and lord of the rings
just asked russ for twilight series,
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 am

Clare - Jilly Cooper's books are fabulous but so filthy in parts Recommend a Book Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Well i finished my book last week and it was brilliant.

i'm now after more books by alison weir.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am

I have the next one Kelly if you want it about Elizabeth but it is not as good as Innocent Traitor (in my opinion!)

I meant to ask you if you watched the Tudors when it was on TV, think you might like it if you like that type of book. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Recommend a Book _
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Book   Recommend a Book Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommend a Book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: Interests :: Group Chat-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Recommend a Book Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Recommend a Book Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Recommend a Book Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Recommend a Book Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Recommend a Book Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Recommend a Book Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Recommend a Book Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Recommend a Book Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Recommend a Book Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Recommend a Book Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Recommend a Book Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Recommend a Book Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Recommend a Book Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Recommend a Book Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Recommend a Book Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words