Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Please look at this and tell me what you think...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Please look at this and tell me what you think... _
PostSubject: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:22 am

http://www.privatebirthcentre.co.uk/what-we-offer/midwifery-packages.html

£850; birth only package

We would like to offer a special “Birth only” package to women who would like to take advantage of the Private Birth Centre facilities but are otherwise happy with their NHS midwifery care. This package will be available to women expecting their second or subsequent child following a vaginal birth.
* Whilst we strongly support first time mothers and VBAC we recognise that this package is not extensive enough for their needs*

We will meet you for a 'Booking In' appointment around 35 weeks of pregnancy, including a Risk Assessment and birth preparation which costs £100.
When you go into labour you will be asked to call one of our midwives and confirm that the Private Birth Centre is available and we are able to support you through labour and birth. Once confirmed you will come to the centre and have your baby and you can stay at the Private Birth Centre for up to 8 hours after the birth and we will arrange all follow up visits by your NHS Midwife. This Birth Package costs £750, payable on admission.
**Note: in case of transfer to hospital we will hand over your care to the NHSYou may like to book postnatal care with a Private Birth Centre Midwife at an additional cost of £300 for 2 weeks or the New Family Package - which includes postnatal support for 6 weeks which costs £650 (see below for what this includes).

I am so tempted but don't exactly have £850 lying about - a waste of money you think?! Saves a half hour trip to the hospital though - it's in the town where I live!! Almost wish I hadn't seen it Sad

Please look at this and tell me what you think... 548646
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 am

I think it's down to you really, did you have bad experience with Bean then?

Personally I wouldn't and couldn't justify spending that amount of money but I am happy with the care I received when I had Libby Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:38 am

I've chosen a different hospital for that reason Susan. In the grand scheme of things and when you hear some horror stories, my birth experience wasn't dreadful - but it was horrific enough for me to not trust them again.

I'm still in the denial stages to be honest - giving birth again seems a ridiculous idea! Laughing

The proximity is very appealing though - I could almost (almost!) walk there!! Which means not leaving bean too long... £850 is cheap by private birth standards but still - we'd have to not eat or have heating & elec for a few months scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am

Haha you do know she's got to come out somehow don't you?? Laughing

If it means that much to you and you can offord it (in all seriousness) then why not? Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:41 am

I would say that if you have already changed hospitals then I would give them a go, rather than spending that amount of money.

We were let down at our hospital with Aimee's heart checks when she was born, but I am still going back there this time and going to have things done my way and I wont take no for an answer.

£850 is soooooo much money to pay out when in all honesty, we pay NI and you should be getting this sort of care already x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 am

The denial can't last much longer... I can't believe I've got three more months - I feel ready to pop already. I was in bean's room listening to a lulabye bear (with pip kicking about like a good 'un to it) and had a brief rosy glow of 'awww, we're having another tiny baby' then quickly 'oh crap...' as the reality of that decended. Shocked Where are my rose-tinted glasses from first time?!! Laughing

I know, I think that too Laura but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way with NHS Sad

I'll look in to whether this hospital does a tour (although they seem out of the norm these days?!) - I also want to meet with a MW from there - to discuss options for birth inc. using pool, moving around etc. (all I see is atm is the local MWs who work out of the first hospital). And see how we feel from there?! xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:13 am

I am just like you... terrified of giving birth again. The reality is starting to set in again as I am having period type pains during the nights and I just try so hard to get back to sleep in the hope that it isnt happening.

I am really dreading it Sad x
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:15 am

Make that 3 of us dreading giving birth again!!!

I would speak to the hospital that you have chosen to go to and ask for a hospital tour and then go from there as to whether you feel comfortable with them!

xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

I spoke to hubby on his lunch - and he pointed out that, for the same reason as we're not having a home birth, it's not ideal.

That is - if for any reason we have to go to a hospital - it will be the nearest one; which is where I gave birth the first time and am doing everything to avoid!
(I was really keen on a homebirth but that put me off straight away.)
So to have that chance, and be £850 out of pocket (don't get it back if you end up transferred to hospital I believe) isn't going to work I don't think.

They have private doula packages but from about £1500+ Shocked

The thing I am also dreading though - very weirdly - is that things could (hopefully) all go so much better; but then it will bring back everything from first time round and make me upset that I didn't have that with bean. (Literally have about 30secs of memory of happiness - the rest is blinding horror Sad and he was away from me for the first hour or so - with hubby, but still. )

Not sure if that makes any sense. For now I'm staying in my happy bubble of enjoying bumps and kicks and getting increasingly more huge Laughing
If it helps Laura & Kinky I'm very optomistic and positive for you both - it's myself that I see it all going tit$ up for Please look at this and tell me what you think... 548646 xx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 am

I would phone up the hospital and ask for a tour of the labour ward, surely the can't say no.

I have mine booked for the end of Nov and in all honesty I am really looking forward to it (I'm sure I may feel different when the time comes).

Before you commit to spending £850 wait and see if you can get a tour and see if you can speak to a MW from the hospital and if you are not happy then I would say spend the money at least you have explored all of your options.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:03 am

Laura wrote:
I would say that if you have already changed hospitals then I would give them a go, rather than spending that amount of money.

We were let down at our hospital with Aimee's heart checks when she was born, but I am still going back there this time and going to have things done my way and I wont take no for an answer.

£850 is soooooo much money to pay out when in all honesty, we pay NI and you should be getting this sort of care already x

Hiya Hun,

Just out of interest are you going to the Barret Maternity Home? If so, I know you had a tough time with Aimee's heart checks but how was the experience before you had all that upheaveal, if you don't mind me asking. I'm planning on having my baby there in Feb.

Naomi xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:52 am

Hey hun, yes, I am going back to the Barratt. They were really good in the labour ward and I have no complaints there. I had a lady called Frankie and she was great.

I will be honest and say that the aftercare in the Robert Watson ward was awful, but I guess that the worst snow in 18 years was heading our way and they were short of staff.

On the whole, the hospital did save Aimee's life when it came to the crunch and managed to keep her alive until she could be transferred to Oxford.

Grace - im sure that all of our labours will go just great, so many people tell me that no two labours are the same, so I am holding out all of my hopes on that. I know what you mean about not being happy. I didnt have one happy moment in the first month that Aimee was born and the thought of having another baby fills me with pure dread. But, it cant get any worse than it was, so that is keeping me going xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Please look at this and tell me what you think...   Please look at this and tell me what you think... Empty

Back to top Go down

Please look at this and tell me what you think...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Please look at this and tell me what you think... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words