Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! _
PostSubject: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:20 am

We spent ages, and I mean aaaages, researching and bying our new kettle and toaster two years ago.
We signed up to which? online for reviews, we trawled the net, looked in electrical shops etc.

Bought the breville blue ice toaster and kettle - each £40. Also paid and extra £10 each for 3yr extended warrantee - and glad we did!
The Kettle has started to leak Shocked and the lights flicker on the toaster - and there was a suspicious plasticy-smell coming from it last week - oh and the crumb tray won't click in place any more.

BUT under the extended warrantee we can get replacements upto the same value or vouchers - either way we still need a new one of each.

Any recommendations - or ones to stay clear of?! scratch In the budget of £40 a piece, less would be fab as could then have vouchers left over Wink
Or do you think it's more cost effective to buy cheap-piss ones and replace every year or two?! Before these we had cheap and cheerful tesco/argos own brands. Boiled water is boiled water I suppose - but a crap toaster can be very annoying (that burns/ only does one side)

Anyhoo - rambles aside - any help appreciated!! Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 am

I bought our kettle from Sainsburys for a fiver about 5 years ago (it was my uni kettle lol) and its still going strong. Our toaster was Robs before we moved in its a Morphy Richards one that beeps when the toast pops up! He bought that about 4 years ago and we've had no bother with either of them, they don't match though but until we own a house of our own rather than rent I don't think I'm too concerned about matching stuff lol xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:37 am

I've just checked an ours are Breville and we've never had any probs with eiter of them x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 am

Will look at some morphy richards ones... Which breville ones are they olliesmammy? There's a ton Smile

It's so weird if you look on amazon reviews, the blue ice has 27 5* reviews but 35 1* reviews - mostly from people who initally loved it, then realised it had the leaking problem! Should have been a product recall I think. They're so pretty though... lights a-plenty Smile
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Breville-blue-ice
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 am

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4229643/Trail/searchtext%3EBREVILLE.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4234418/Trail/searchtext%3EBREVILLE.htm

THey are these ones I think x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:00 am

Thank you - will have a peek xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:05 am

both of mine are morphy richards and not had any probs with either of them xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:18 am

i dont have a toaster anymore, mine made my electric meter flash like crazy i use the grill (which is also electric scratch Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! 103177 )
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:43 am

We have got the Dualit Kettle and Toaster, they are these ones:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/dualit-26005-2-slot-lite-toaster-black-06299256-pdt.html?srcid=867&xtor=AL-78

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/dualit-72400-cordless-jug-kettle-black-stainless-steel-01565515-pdt.html

They were not cheap, but I got them since before I met James (about 6 years ago) and they are still going strong xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 am

i have a 'lean mean boiling machine' and a 'lean mean toasting machine' lol! george foreman, never had any probs in the 4 years iv had them...although im not sure on prices x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:19 am

Just have a regular stainless steel electric kettle made by GE that I love, and our toaster is built into our microwave. It's funny because whenever we have guests, they spend a good portion of their morning looking for our toaster! Laughing
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 am

GraceBean&Pip wrote:
breville blue ice toaster and kettle

these are what we have Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:28 am

Cant help on the toaster cos I need anew one, my Breville has done well , think Ive had it about 7 years!

Last xmas my mum got us this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NGNRHC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000SK9G52&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0WZGBHJF54M6RJMW0AA1

It is FANBLOODYTASTIC - cos I drink lots of tea and Dan is at home so he does too.
I was forever ever reboiling the stupid kettle cos I'd forget I had turned it on...this one you bung your cup underneath, press the button and dont need to stand or listen to when its boiled!
Saves energy too as it only boils the amount of water you need!

We always filter the water first with the Brita - and so have never needed to descale it, but even if you need to its done just like a normal kettle!

Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! 41Qd0RG1pvL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 am

We've got this kettle:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4233701/Trail/searchtext%3ECOOKWORKS+KETTLE.htm
And this toaster:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228156.htm

(but we paid original price - grrrr)

We got them just over a year ago and they are still fine - although we tend to have to replace our kettle fairly often because we have ridiculously hard water. xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 am

Thanks guys - we got these yesterday:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4234418.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4234401.htm

The kettle's not really worth that much I think but it has pretty lights (blue on stand-by, red when boiling) and is a v.quick boiler - and the offer was a matching half-price toaster; so that evens out the kettle!
Will see how it goes though, the lid isn't a very snug fit so may still need to exchange to a different one.

But - by the time hubby took our faulty ones back, exchanged for these, bought me an arched pillow and bought two replacement covers again for the new toaster & kettle - they still ended up owing us!! About £15 straight back on our card (was expecting vouchers) bonus Very Happy

Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! 793309
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!   Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Which Kettle and Toaster do you have?! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words