Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

does this seem like loads to you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

does this seem like loads to you? _
PostSubject: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 am

i was told to just introduce one new thing every 3+ days in case of sensitivity (although there is no family history of food problems), but this plan seems quite nice, simple and varied - does it seem like a lot to start with though?

the planner i was kind of going to loosely follow started with 3 days of a tip of the spoon of rice but eli scoffed half a bowl so...we are already nearly on week 3 on that one haha
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:32 am

If thats what you want to do then it should be fine

TBH I never bothered with a 3 day thing, we just started with fruit and veg, 2 types a day, she didn't have meat til 6 months

She just ate the amount she wanted - which was a hell of a lot more than they suggested starting with!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:01 am

ben scoffs a good 10/15 spoonfulls of grub 2ce a day. im all for baby led weaning. he will soon tell u what he wants and when Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 am

hmm i thought it seemed lots but then like i said eli hasnt exactly fitted in with the other books haha although today he didnt want rice at all (maybe he's realised how horrible it is!) but i think i made it too runny actually...
well im off to the grocers to see if they have anything organic and interesting looking, and maybe to find some baby porridge cos the rice has already lost its novelty for me and eli haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

mari the cow and gate fruity baby porridge is really nice.its quite thick tho so u will need to mix it with quite a bit of milk. alfie loves it!

i was worried at first that i was feeding him too much at first compared to wat they told me at the weaning class but hes always been hungry and is nicely following the 75th centile in weight so i think just let them lead u. its good that eli's taken to it so well!! alfie now eats a small bowl of porridge/weetabix for brekkie, a jar for dinner plus a desert and a jar for tea.

btw, if ure looking for veg then sweet potato is a really nice taste and texture for babies!!

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:41 pm

god thats loads amy! Laughing well today when he wakes up we are going for banana and breast milk porridge and i might nip out and get some veg later to try tomorrow. i want to keep it to one meal a day for a wee while cos the excitement of being in his big chair and things seems to absolutely knacker him Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 pm

yeah dont rusdh into too much too soon. btw dont worry if he strains a bit too poo after having banana cos it s harder to dfigest! x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 am

Lol Mari I was just coming into the weaning forum to ask people if they think Hannah is having too much too soon?

She has only been on solids a week and is already having 2oz formula made to porridge with 1/4 mashed banana in it then eating another 1/4 banana straihght from the skin Shocked. She then has bowl of mashed veg plus few spoons of pureed fruit for afters at tea time. She also has 4x 8oz formula bottles a day. So I think Eli is fine hun.

Just a question for any other ladies reading that have weaned already - can you wean 'too quickly'? does this seem like loads to you? 548646 I'm basically just following her lead tbh - she is a hungry little thing and seems to prefer her solid too her formula (she gets 32oz formula a day so gets plenty) but I kinda found out by accident (Thomas fed her Embarassed) that she can eat banana whole already - is it ok to give her lumps/finger foods from the start or should I give puree only for a while? scratch she has never so much as gagged on it so I'm not worried about her chocking and obviously I'm feeding her so she isn't alone.

It's all so confusing this weaning malarky. Just for anyone who is now worried coz their 5 month old isn't eating bananas - don't worry - I think your kids are normal and I just got a weird/greedy one Laughing Thomas gagged on lumps for months before he got used to it. I still cannot get over how different my children are - talk about chalk and cheese Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:07 am

Debs I've give ava finger foods from the start of weaning, that way they're used to texture from the start so no rejecting the lumpy food. , I've done a combo of finger foods and purees until ava was 7months.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:40 am

Ah cool! thanks Pinky.

It just goes to show that wether your baby is slow to wean and struggles with lumps etc (Thomas) or they just get on with it and eat you out of house and home (Hannah) you will always worry about something! Part and parcel of being a mummy! Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:24 am

haha you have a proper variety pack debs! i'm hoping to start giving eli some bits to feed himself in a week or two (he's only been on rice/porridge for a week but had no trouble, we have already learned that he seems to prefer it a bit thicker and spits the runny stuff out Very Happy). i was a bit worried about giving him too much but like you say there doesn't seem to be an 'answer' really, just go for it if you feel hannah is ready (im sure elijah is and they are very similar in age)
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 am

Yeah I'm sure he will do great hun - he has already mastered the hand to mouth thing with his cup and if he is prefering the thicker stuff he will probably like a little something to suck/chew/squidge on. I probably wouldn't have tried Hannah on anything like that for a while yet if it hadn't been for my little helper shoving it in her trap Rolling Eyes Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:59 am

TBH i never followed a planner. I gave her what she felt like. Putin something new every couple of meals and gave her finger foods from 5/6 months on. Lumps were never a problem, its only now shes being a lil cuss lol
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:10 am

Quote :
if it hadn't been for my little helper shoving it in her trap
hahaha you should get him a mummy's little helper hat! haha mario, maybe it's just as well i take advantage of him being unable (as yet) to argue and just enjoy it Very Happy although he is getting rather good at 'halping' to type and is clinging to my fingers this very moment hmm...
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:45 am

As the other ladies have said I think the amounts sound fine. My prob with Caitlin was I didnt wean her at all until 6 mths starting with porridge and then she had a run of colds/a bug. She was 7 mths before we got going properly with trying 3 meals a day but was still purree's. I saw a dieticain at 8 mths and got a ticking off that she was eating fruit pots & veg puree's and not eating family meals/toast/regular cereal. Tbh I have no clue how they expect babies to wait until 6mths to wean and 8 weeks later be taking 3 proper meals!

As for the waiting 3 days for allergies I did follow that rule to an extent, but that was because Caitlin had the milk allergy and I was super paranoid. I think most foods are ok but id prob introduce egg cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:11 pm

I think thats the problem with the 6 month idea snoops. When it used to be 4 months you had a whole extra 8 weeks to introduce lumps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: does this seem like loads to you?   does this seem like loads to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

does this seem like loads to you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Parenting :: Weaning-
Latest topics
» Spotting
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
does this seem like loads to you? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words