Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

OH's and 2nd children

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
J1

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 am

Picking up on something Debs said in the dressing topic, who has found that OH does much less with 2nd (and subsequent) children?

I have definatley noticed it with Adam, he is still brilliant with Alice but he has wriggled out of bathing her most of the time (that was always his job), he doesnt bath Edith, he had never dressed Edith, he doesnt really cuddle her as much as he did with Alice.

And he definately does less freaking housework, he used to do the bins, the cat litter and the bathroom and basically does sweet FA now!!

His only redemption is that he normally lets me get an extra hour on a morning but even that went (.)(.)'s up this morning! OH's and 2nd children 15967 OH's and 2nd children 15967 OH's and 2nd children 15967

Sorry Rant Over!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:35 am

Oh god Jo don't say that pale Simon didn't do a huge amount with Libby when she was tiny (and come to think of it has still NEVER bathed her himself) so I dread to think what he'll be like with the newbie!! I'll give him credit - he does do the majority of the househork though.

Do you think having a word with him will make him realise? I know when I talk to Simon about it now he just said he found it hard because she was so small and because I was BF he thought everytime she cred she wanted feeding.

xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 am

In your case suse, i wouldnt worry too much but with Alice Adam was very hands on wanting to get involved, he still is fantastic with her other than the bathing.

It might be nothing to do with 2nd baby and has just turned into a lazy sheeite! cos TBH he was a bit like it while i was PG this time around, thats why i was wondering if its normal.

I am coping with things, just the whole thing this morning with the PS3 has got right up my nose!!!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:11 am

Hmm, maybe someone else who's had their 2nd can advise better then.

I know your coping hun but I know how annoying it was with Libby so I can imagine how frustrating it is for you with having Alice as well as Edith to sort out.

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:00 am

Eeek I dont want to read this! Shocked

James didnt do too much with Aimee anyway because when she was finally out of hospital I was so obsessive over everything that he kind of just let me get on with it. He is great with Aimee as she got older though - and I am making sure he still does bath time with her. He is very good at the min and when he gets home from work he takes over and gives me a break.

Im sure in a few weeks I will be back on here moaning my butt off that he isnt pulling his weight!

x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:21 am

Everything was different 2nd time round. My OH went to every anti natal appt with Lottie, I think he went to 1 when I had Abbie. He also did do far less and went we went to visit people he used to want come with us but 2nd time he was shutting the door behind me!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:10 am

i think he has just turned into a lazy shit! he came in earlier and ate his sandwich that i made him for work, in the living room that i had just hoovered, and dropped crumbs all over the carpet.
No sorry, not so much as a kiss my arse.... the GIT!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 am

i think becuase they see us managing they think we need them to do less
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:20 am

Awww hun. It's hard feeling like a single mum when pretty much ALL the child rearing falls in your lap. When Shayne isn't home its horrible, by the end of the day I am so worn out that I have sometime caught myself falling asleep sitting up on the couch. When he is home, I made it perfectly clear to him by telling him that HE did this to me..and HE needs to help out. I realize he works outside the home and it can be quite physically exhausting..but there is nothing more tiring than being a MOM. You just had a baby, and chasing a toddler. You defo need a helping hand toots! xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 am

Laura, i think you have hit the nail on the head perfectly, when he does get up and let me have an extra hour he does feck all, i have washing/dishwasher on, sides all wiped down while i am waiting for the kettle to boil!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:26 am

have a screaming hissy fit at him and threaten his ps3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:29 am

i think i'm going to be the rare one that says...sam does the same amount as he did with just lily-ann

even during pregnancy he still went to every appointment, listened to the hb, felt the kicks and now he still doesn't cop out of any of it

so there is hope for some of you! lol
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

Yeah I'm with kenty on this one my oh is just as good with S as he was with A.

This is his 4th child but 2nd with me and he has been brilliant with A&S!

Hide the PS3 remotes!
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 am

My OH is useless with them all, he is one of the kids Evil or Very Mad

No hes not that bad really but he does usually just let me get on with it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Mines just useless lol he hasn't changed. He never did anything with lillie so he's the same. Never bathed her, only changed her 3 or 4 times. He just passes her to me. Never done the washing up never!! No house work, iv done the bins everyweek. This is why I'm so sam fed up at the mo. Now since Hollie exactly the same.
Don't get me wrong brill with lillie she adores him, He'l play with her & play when she's playing with her tea set (quite funny to watch grown butch man pretending to eat cakes & tea a 21month old made hehe) but as forgelping me out forget it. Sits on his ass! Hollie was screaming in her bouncer yesterday just wanting pocking ip so I ignored her thinking He'l get her as he was in lounge with her& I was cleaning up & sorting lillie for bed. No no he's shouting to me 'hollies crying!' and muttered doesnt look like anyonea comming to her! like I didn't know!! Argh

God going to stop nor or I could go on and on. No he's not hands on at all!! A he likes to remind me 'well it's you that wanted kids!!' really someone remind me why I'm with him?!? Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

OH's and 2nd children _
PostSubject: Re: OH's and 2nd children   OH's and 2nd children Empty

Back to top Go down

OH's and 2nd children

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
OH's and 2nd children Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website