Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... _
PostSubject: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all well. We went to a friends last night for an Indian and a few (non-alcoholic) drinks and they had a baby earlier this year, they have offered to sell us most of there newborn and 0-3 clothes and we are also buying some more from a friend that is buying our old sofa.

My sister gave me my nephews clothes from 0-6 months too, so I think the only things we will actually have to buy brand new is some vests, bibs, sleepsuits, muslin cloths and a jacket/coat of some sort.

How is everyone elses buying coming along??

So far we have bought....

Nappy Wrapper
Steriliser
Bottles
Milk Powder storage pots
Breast Pump (as im going to give breast feeding a go)
A few blankets
A 0-6 month Grobag
A neutral ouftfit
A little teddy
Baby Monitor (BT 100)

Oh and we got 2 packs of nappies so that we could get the free changing bag from Boots.

xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Hiya Siobhan, how are you? Very Happy

Sounds like you are well sorted hun, lucky you!

Well all we've got the crib and mattress, rocker chair thing and pram - thats it!! I'm getting a bit stressed because we were literally sorted by this time with Libby We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... 548646 We've got loads of vouchers to buy huggies nappies but our local shops don't do huggies newborn Mad

I think it'll be a case of buy loads after xmas (when we haven't got prezzies to buy), I hope so anyway!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Susan, yeah me and bubs are fab thanks, hope you all are too!

Were trying to buy bits and bobs as we see them on offer, hence the reason why we have so much already....but the big stuff ie. nursery furniture and pram and car seat we are going to get after christmas, cant wait though as I just want to spend spend spend lol!

Eeek its this Thursday your scan isn't?? xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 pm

We're all fine, yep scan thursday We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... 633833

Thats a good idea getting things on offer, we've asked for vouchers for christmas (well for me and Simon) so we can get the furniture, it seems silly family buying us presents that we dont need when we've got so much to buy.

The trouble is we don't know anyone that's had a baby recently so we cant have any hand me downs (and Simon got rid of Libby's stuff because he was adamant he didn't want anymore - the numpty Rolling Eyes )

xxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am

We've got literaly everything from Ollie so we don't need to buy anything, it's going to be so boring! I want a new pram though! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:19 am

pmsl kay caelyn is lauging at your avatar and trying to clap herhands like him Shocked

we also have littl to get. Have def got clothes ive sorted out 0-3 month stuff today and think we just need a few jumpers and a snowsuit perhaps. Wil know for def when ive finished their room. We have a baby bath, moses basket, cot, cat seat, buggy, steriliser and a couple of bottles. Friend is giving us a bouncy chair. Just gotta get a buggy pod for our buggy for c and ive decided to invest in a good quality sling for days im taking c in stroller and baby in sling. Im contemplating a baba sling. So just need another couple bottles and coupe cartons ready made formula in case i struggle to bf and some new bedding s i got rid of most sleeping bags but otherwise very uptogether. Boring perhaps but actually a good thing as we dont have to find too much money so can treat bubba to a few new clothes etc of her own so she doesnt only have handme downs
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 am

Lol at C, not exactly something you'll be wanting to do in public Laughing

I don't think I'll actually want to do any shopping this time anyway so I don't actually mind! We're going to put money in a jar instead of buying little bits every week like we did with Ollie, so if it's a girly baba we can go shopping for clothes once shes born! And if we had to buy all over again we wouldn't be able to afford a new pram!

I bought my pram last time at 15 weeks because I had such a fab bargain with it £150 for the pram, footmuff, apron, raincover, hard carrycot and carseat and all the adapters! I was a bit wary at first because its basically a copy of the M&P pliko and autocruise made in the same factory but different fabric but it actually was identical to my aunts and the number on the safety certificate was the same, so I was well chuffed with it!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 am

Good bargain then! Can understand you not wanting to shop yet though. Good idea on saving some money up. Even if is a girl if you have a lot of stuff already clothes are not the be all and end all if wrog colour. Mind you i say that as a 2nd timer i may not have felt the same 1st time round
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 am

I turned into a bit of a shopping addict when I was pg so most of the clothes were bought before we found out he was a he so all very neutral, I did also go mad when with blue aswell though so either way were sorted lol We even have nappies up to size 3 and about 60 packs of wipes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Adds nappies to list...
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

List now -

-Buggypod

-Bouncy chair – being given one

-Couple doc brown bottles

-Couple cartons ready made formula

-Babasling

-Sleeping bags 0-6 month

-Stairgate

-Nappies

-Wipes

Still not actually that much though really is it
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Our list to get:

All of the nursery furniture - so wardrode, drawers, cot and cot top changer, and mattress

Bedding/curtains/nursery decorations

Clothes/vests/socks - everything!!!!

Nappies/wipes

Baby bath

Monitor

Sleeping bag

Buggy board

OMG I cannot believe how much we've got to get!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Bottles/steriliser if you dont bf suse. And a car seat
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 pm

We gave our steriliser and bottles to a friend (they were brand new) - she didn't use them and gave us them back, thank god!!!!

Also just got Libby a new car seat and her old one is for birth - 4years so we're sorted for that too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Well saying that, we do have to get a new one for my car Rolling Eyes xx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 am

The only thing we have left to buy is real nappies and to be honest if my mum has anything to do with it she'll end up buying them for us like she has near on everything else Shocked ....i've had to rein her in a little (bless her) and tell her to calm down as she has already paid out for our pram which wasn't cheap plus she has also being buying for my SIL as she is due 05th Dec. I wouldn't like to guess how much she has spent already Shocked

The only big thing we have bought is the cot bed and a few other bits and bobs. I am considering buying a grobag as I have heard such great reviews on them..at what age can you start using them from? Also I am planning on getting a breast pump but want to wait until after the baby is born in case breast feeding doesnt work for me..I think that's about it xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:07 am

What nappies you going for nay? Have you popped in to see the cloth bum guys in the nappy section
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 am

I love the idea of cloth nappies but I don't think my mother will be too pleased with me sticking pooey nappies in her washing machine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 am

marioandthestuntbubs wrote:
What nappies you going for nay? Have you popped in to see the cloth bum guys in the nappy section

Not sure yet hun.....I'm going to have a good read of the post and try and figure out which ones are the best...do you think I should wait until the baby is born? x
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 am

My list to buy is.....

Pram, Car Seat and Changing Bag

Nappies and Wipes

All the nursery furniture...A cotbed, chest of drawers, changing table and a feeding chair

Sheets for moses basket and cotbed

All the nursery accessories such as lampshade, curtains etc.

Bouncy Chair

Baby Bath
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 am

Nay i wudnt use real nappiesfor 1st cpl weeks til you feel more settled but after that pitch in. There are SO many choices you just need to read and read
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:01 am

Depending on size of baby you can use Grobags from about 4 months (in my experience anyway) - but if you are due in about Feb (Naynay - I'm guessing from your ticker) then you may not need 0-6 months at all as it will be summer - depends on the weather / where you live. Seb just wore a sleepsuit or vest for the first summer, he didn't need to be in a bag or tucked in.

We got a couple of 2nd hand bags (M'care brand) in 0-6 which we only used a few times; for larger sizes we've bought Grobag brand bags new as they are getting lots of use and we value our sleep!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm

I think grobags can be used from about 8lb
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Info on when you can use a Grobag here: (Happens to be the online store I've bought all ours from, only grumble is that they claimed Royal mail delivery but actually used a courier - luckily we were in.)

http://www.thatcuteage.com/a3-Grobag-Baby-Sleeping-Bags-Information

However we found that in a Moses basket blankets worked fine and we continued to use blankets in the cotbed until he could roll (about 4 months) by which time it was summer and a sleepsuit or vest was enough. We only used the 0-6 month bags when using a Samsonite pop-up travelcot, which doesn't lend itself to tucking in blankets.

I guess what I am saying is that whilst you probably can use bags quite early, you might not need 0-6 bags if 4-6 months is summer.

We've never bothered with 0.5 tog bags. We have 2 each of 1 and 2.5 tog in each size as they do take a while to dry, particularly the 2.5 tog. (Plus we expected to get 2 children's worth of use out of them - Seb's still in bag + cotbed with sides at 20 months and currently we see no reason to change that.)
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:06 am

Woohoo! All my baggy things are blue, thats something Ill NEED to buy if i a girly lol x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....   We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Empty

Back to top Go down

We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
We have pink and blue coming out of our ears lol.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words