Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!
My Name: Laura
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! _
PostSubject: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 am

Hi

Robert has got croup, i took him to the doctors on tuesday as he was coughing a lot on Monday evening and had a cold. The doctor said he has croup but wouldnt give anything for it as he didnt think it was that bad well after a very sleepless night Tuesday i decided to take him back to the doctors on Wednesday morning as he seemed worse to me but again they said he wasnt too bad and seemed active enough( he was only active as he was trying to get out of the doctors room) Last night Rob woke up at 10 really coughing and getting himself all worked up as he couldnt breath properly and then his lips started going blue so i quickly got dressed as we were going to take him to a & e but OH sat with him for a minwhile i got dressed and read him a story and it calmed him down and he started breathing better so after a little while we went back to bed with Robert. Today he is still coughing a lot and being sick as he is coughing so much that its making him throw up, his breathing also sounds like its really tight.
So i was just wondering those of you with experience with croup when do you think i should take him to hospital with it and how long does it generally last?
Any tips/advice on this would be great, i just feel like i'm worrying all the time
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:24 am

Run all the taps/shower in the bathroom and shut the door, the steam will really help him x
Back to top Go down
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 am

thanks i have got a humidifier and i've been in the bathroom with the shower on
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:42 am

I had bad croup as a toddler. Mum would run a REALLY hot bath and get the bathroom all steamy. As I got older she would lean me over a basin/side of bath with towel over my head to get more steam round me.

careful though - once when I was 2 she made so much steam the bathroom wallpaper fell down Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:05 am

keep the wean as up right as u can. its a tough storm to ride out Sad the 3rd and 4th days for alasdair used to be the worst as thats when it was breaking and on the ment the following day.
Back to top Go down
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:33 am

did you ever have to take any of your LO's to a & e? Roberts breathing seems very strained now so wasnt sure if i should go in
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 am

hey hun, i i hope he is better soon Sad
tbh i think its one of them things where it seems a lot worse than it actually is

leo had it when i was pg with oliver, he went to bed fine, then woke in the night having the coughing fits, i wasnt sure what it was at first...sounds really weird doesnt it? he sounded like darth vadar breathing. he had a coughing fit and couldnt catch his breath so i took him into a+e but by the time we got there he was breathing fine Rolling Eyes
the worse night was the second night,like the other ladies have said, put him in a steam filled room and pat his back...if his lips turn blue and he seems to be struggling to breath then id dial 999 tbh hun xx
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:49 am

I'm not sure if they do this any more...but it was once recommended to wrap the wee ones up in blankets and take them outside in the cold cold air. I remember doing this with one of my little sisters and a little boy I use to baby sit. It seemed to help settle their cough fits. xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!   Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Empty

Back to top Go down

Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Croup, advice please, sorry its a little long! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words