Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

I need more hours in the day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

I need more hours in the day!  _
PostSubject: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

I feel like I'm constantly catching up with everything and i'ts doing my head in.

I work 4 mornings a week although at the moment in the run up to Christmas I'm doing 6 mornings for the extra cash, so I leave the house at 8am, drop Chloe off to her nan's and go to work, I normally get back around 1.30 to pick her up depending on where I am, or if I'm working from home. We get back I have an hour or so with her then she goes for her nap around 2.30/3pm, during which time I have an hour to do the housework before she wakes up again. I then start making her dinner while trying to entertain her, she has hers, then I start on mine and Matt's. He gets in around 6.45pm so we have dinner, then he baths her, and puts her to bed while I wash up. Then if I have cake orders I start on those and usually finish around 9.30pm where I sit down for half an hour, by which time I'm knackered and go to bed. In between this, I have to fit in the shopping, errands, appointments and everything else

Now I know I'm not the only one in this situation, but I feel like I'm ready to drop. I'm having some health issues at the moment too which is worrying the hell out of me, so am not sleeping properly. I'm absolutely shattered. I've not had any time of work since April, other than the odd day, and most of my weekends are filled with the cake business. I feel like somethings got to give, but I don't know what. I can't afford not to work. Matt does what he can but he's out of the house for 12 hours a day working and he's studying for exams at the moment too

Please tell me I'm not the only one in this situation
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 pm

No mate, you're definitly not the only one. I erik 3 full days then have 2 days to do shopping cleaning and everything else. Saturdays are taken up by football and Sundays it's getting all us all ready to start the week again. I need a cleaner but oh won't let me have one!

Hope you're ok and aren't too worried about your health issues as the worrying can sometimes make things worse!

xx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:36 pm

your not the only one. defiantly not.

i've so much going on i keep forgetting and muddling things up.

i know it's easier said then done but maybe you can work a 5 day week one week instead of 6? and have chloe off to her nans and get what you want done including some rest
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 am

I know how hard it is hun.

I was working mornings too until starting maternity leave last week and just didnt seem to have enough hours to get everything done.

I wish I could offer some help somewhere, but other than giving something up/taking some time out then nothing will help.

Hopefully going back to 4 days a week after Xmas will help xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks ladies, at least I'm not alone!

I've got 3 more weeks of working weekends, so the end of that is in sight. I just can't wait for Xmas then I get 2 and a half weeks off

A cleaner would be good, wonder if I can persuade him Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 am

I can feel your pain Mandy!! My week is roughly:

Monday - Work all day (lily at nursery) get home about 6 - dinner, washing, vacuuming etc sit down about 9ish when Lily in bed
Tuesday - Drive 25 miles before work to drop Lily at mums, work from 9am til 7pm, dinner and tired!
Wednesday - work all day - drive 25 miles to collect Lily. get home about 7.30 play wiht Lily for an hour - collapse Very Happy
Thursday - day off with Lily so we do playing etc and visit friends and kids. Also do food shop, washing, housework
Friday - work all day (Lily nursery) - get home about 5.30, washing, clean bathroom and make dinner - have wine
Saturday - Dans parents visit (all day!!!!!!) Takeaway
Sunday - housework, ironing, sunday lunch, parents visit, work emails

It is depressing - i am always tired and have no time - anyone got any tips as i dont think i am managing the time that well. Dan is ok at helping but he rarely gets in from work until 7.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 am

Aww Kate, it's hard isn't it. It's becoming a toss up between having the money to afford nice things and to pay all the bills but sacrificing yourself and your time with them or something giving at work, and having less financially but more time. Why does it have to be so hard. Unless you get a cleaner in Kate, I have no idea!
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:58 am

TBH Mandy I am considering the cleaner option! However i am not sure i like the idea of someone I dont know being in my house when i am not there.

I have started doing the food shop online which helps a bit. I think i am going to have to tackle the parental visits every weekend but it is a difficult one....

If you are not sleeping that really does not help either, hope you are ok and the things you are worried about are resolved.

I am with you in that I cant wait for the Christmas break!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:03 am

Okay ladies this is what I do and how I do it.

I work 5 days a week 8.30 until 5 with a 20/30 minute commute when I am in the office but often I am out on the road so it can be a longer or slightly shorter day.
OH does the same hours at the same office.

We have Wil plus 2 dogs who need walking twice a day.
Wil has a childminder from 7.30am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday

Our normal working day when we are in the office is:
up at 6-6.30, I get Wil and me ready while OH takes the dogs out
I sort out dog and cat refreshments for the day while Wil runs round with a slice of toast and a cup of milk
We grab breakfast and leave the house about 7.30-7.45 (sometimes we all go together or if we need to take 2 cars then one of us takes Wil while the other gets off to work)
7.45ish drop Wil off and drive 20 mins to work
finish work at 5 (if we are in 2 cars only one of us needs to finish at 5)
pick Wil up at 5.30ish and get home at 5.45ish
play with Wil until 6.30 then OH takes the dogs out while Wil and I get a bath
7.30 Wil in bed
OH cooks dinner while I tidy up, sort washing, empty dishwasher etc
8pm ish we sit down, eat and either watch TV or talk for an hour or so
9pm ish we go off and do our own things - cleaning up after dinner, he does money related stuff etc
10pm ish we go to bed (this is when I occasionally get online after he is asleep)

Sorry that was quite long but maybe useful.

I used to work until 7pm 3 days a week including the commute and it just used to mean the dogs didn't get walked until then and we ate slightly later.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks Gill, Lily does not go to bed until about 8.30 which is why we probably feel like we have less time in the evening.

When do you manage to do your jobs like food shopping, ironing and cleaning? If i never had to do those i think i would be fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:13 am

I iron on either a Saturday or Sunday afternoon while Wil has his nap. I only iron the things that absolutely need it, work shirts mainly.

I have a cleaner to do the bulk of the housework, she does 2.5 hours every other week to clean my bathrooms, hoover my stairs and landing and mop my kitchen floor. Anything else that needs doing we do it when we see it. Wil does some of the hoovering under supervision because he loves it.

We do food shopping online once a month then top up with milk and veg on the way home from work or on a weekend when we have time to go into town.

On your family visits issue I have limited my parents to every other weekend. The best way to do it might be to need to miss a week because you are going somewhere then gradually make that happen every so often until it stops being accepted as an every week thing. Alternatively could you make it that they play with Lily while you get on with stuff in another room for part of the day (I do this with my parents). They come to see Lily really I guess so a polite would you mind if I just went and did x for half an hour shouldn't be such a problem.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

GillandWil wrote:

On your family visits issue I have limited my parents to every other weekend. The best way to do it might be to need to miss a week because you are going somewhere then gradually make that happen every so often until it stops being accepted as an every week thing. Alternatively could you make it that they play with Lily while you get on with stuff in another room for part of the day (I do this with my parents). They come to see Lily really I guess so a polite would you mind if I just went and did x for half an hour shouldn't be such a problem.

To be fair they are good and never mind if i go and do other stuff but when they come i then feel obliged to offer lunch/dinner etc and it all leads ot more jobs to do - ooo i bet i sound ever so grumpy! I have tried hinting that its difficult every week and that has not really worked so might try your suggestion.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

I know how you feel Kate. It is difficult because they want to see Lily but you have so little time yourself that to give a day up every week is a lot to ask. I also get the meals thing because we have the same with my parents except Philip does all the cooking. He often does a stew or roast in the slow cooker when they come so he gets it all prepared the night before or early in the morning before they arrive and then it is just ready for when we want to eat.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 am

No chick your not the only one but that doesnt make it any easier for you.
Can you afford to give up the cake making for a while? I imagine that takes up a lot of time.
I need more hours in the day!  466645 xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I need more hours in the day!    I need more hours in the day!  Empty

Back to top Go down

I need more hours in the day!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
I need more hours in the day!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words