Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

baby days.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:03 am

I know it's been asked a thousand times over the interwebs, but what do you do during the day? Now that Elijah is awake for much longer I feel awful that he is probably quite bored at times. Here is a list of things we do to try and stay interested:

-going for walks (although usually horrible city walks as daddy drives and i don't)

-time on a blanket or lambskin just kicking around (plus nakey bum time!)

-hanging things on string to reach for and hit

-sitting in bouncer with or without toys

-practicing making noises (ooooooh is the current favourite Very Happy) and i chat with Eli and practice taking turns, facial expressions, peek-a-boo

- have a bath

- have a massage

-lie on activity mat with hanging bears/rattles

-lie in cot looking at mobiles and lights

- practice sitting up with mummy

- watching mummy do housework

i try and think of new and interesting things to do, but even now he has just had his tea and although he is quite cheery, he is grumbly and looks kind of bored.....any ideas? he is almost 3 months, i don't know if there are new things we can try Smile
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:11 am

I know how you feel hun - I was the same with Thomas and Im even worse with Hannah as I feel I dont have enough one on one time with her because Thomas is so demanding.

How is his head control hun? I started Thomas in his bumbo and door bouncer at 3 months for short spells and he loved being sat/stood up and got a new perspective on his world. I am getting Hannah a jumperoo this week and will start putting her in after 3 months, she has very good neck and back control already but I wanna wait till the 3 month mark is here.

It might be a bit contraversial with some people but both of mine have really loved the tv at this age - any program really, I think it's just the movement and chatting they like but anything that has a lot of faces i.e. chat shows works for mine. They have both been great fans of the Wright stuff baby days..... Icon_lol . Don't worry too much about him becoming a tv addict either - Thomas is interested in tv at all now.

Mirrors are good too. At this age with Thomas I used to lie him on his tummy with a small mirror propped in front of him to encourage him to lift his head higher and longer. He was never a great fan of tummy time and I found this helped him a lot and it wasn't long until he was rolling over then which gave him hours of amusement too.

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 pm

thats really helpful, thanks!

Elijah's head control isn't very good (still, the h.v is keeping an eye on him but i know he is getting there, just slowly cos he hates being on his tummy like Thomas!) so I am holding out on the bumbo that we were given - I cant wait to be able to get him a door bouncer though! He does love to sit up and look around with a bit of help though, he looks a bit like a ventriloquists dummy Laughing

the mirror idea is great - hubby is supsersticious about mirrors but I reckon a disco ball would be great...hmm i will get searching for one Very Happy Eli will look at the t.v for a bit but would still rather stare at his mobile - but I don't want him lying flat on his back for ages haha lazy baby Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 am

Just as Debs has said and pretty much everything you said.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:27 am

The mirror I used for Thomas was just a little plastic thing that was part of his baby gym so maybe something like that your OH might be more comfortable with? Where tummy time is concerned have you tried lying Eli on your chest whilst you lie on you back on the floor or sofa? This way when he lifts his head he will be looking at your face which should please him and encourage him more. This also prevents the face butting the floor caryy on that seems to upset them most. This will get him used to being on his tummy in a more comfy way. Eventually when he is stronger you can move him to the floor for a minute or so at a time?

Hannah also loves to be sat up and looking around. She gets so bored and niggly sitting in her bouncer chair all day so I have started sitting her in Thomas' high chair. It has 4 recline positions so I put it on the lowest one and pad her out with a blanket and hold her in with the tray. Again it's not 'by the book' as it says from 6 months for the highchair but I never leave her unatended and she is up high and completely supported around her head and neck so she loves it.

Do you have wrist/ankle rattles for Eli? Thomas had them (can't for the life of me find them for Hannah to use) and they really ammused him and encouraged him to move his arms and legs and helped his coordination.

Another thing both mine have loved at this age is is foil helium ballons, I used to tie one loosely around Thomas' wrist and it bobbed up and down as he moved his arm - he loved lying on the floor watching it. Also bubbles, Thomas used to love me blowing them all around him and was good practice for him moving his head around and following them.

Hope some of this rambling helps hun

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

Ohhh I remember someone else mentioning helium balloons - I always wanted one and now is my perfect excuse Very Happy

We have tried tummy time on me or hubbys chest and he quite likes that - he seems to lift his head best then, and I put a towel folded under his chest the other day and that seemed to help him out a bit so I think perseverance is a plan.

I like the highchair idea, Eli does get bored in his bouncer very quickly now and seems to only nap in it now and then. I tried a kind of sock rattle we were given last week and Elijah just stared at it and kept trying to put his hand in his mouth then getting scared cos it was a rattly lion Laughing maybe in a couple of weeks time!
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 am

That was meeeee mari!! alfie has kinda gone off his helium balloon now he is getting a bit older and is noticing more things to keep him entertained - like my toes for example haha!!

I find that alfie now loves being chucked in the air (not too high or roughly!) and i bounce him on my knee and he chuckles like mad!! he also find its hilarious when i put his feet in his mouth haha

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:12 am

hahahahaha I wonder how many of those things would get you done by social services Wink haha yeah the helium was genius, did you see Eli's pic of him holding it? Bless him. Elijah is talking to the t.v right now, and although in theory I disapprove, now that he is awake for 5 hours at a time, I can't spend every second keeping him entertained! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 am

No ihavent seen it - where is it?!

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

baby days..... _
PostSubject: Re: baby days.....   baby days..... Empty

Back to top Go down

baby days.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
baby days..... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
baby days..... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
baby days..... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
baby days..... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
baby days..... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
baby days..... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
baby days..... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
baby days..... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
baby days..... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
baby days..... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
baby days..... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
baby days..... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
baby days..... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
baby days..... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
baby days..... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words