Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

moving house with a baby?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

moving house with a baby? _
PostSubject: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

any advice? it looks like we will be moving in 3-6 weeks (hoorah!) but obviously i still dont have anyone to watch elijah, and couldnt leave him alone anyway - i think on the day i will go to my dads or something with the baby but are there any things that helped your baby settle into the new place?

he has been in the new room a few times, i was thinking - would it help to paint it a similar colour? he will still be in with us and in the same cot, so im hoping he wont be too worried?

i find moving immensly stressful so i hope i dont send scary vibes to him.....any thoughts on how to keep it smooth and easy for elijah?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm

I dont think at his age he should find it too stressful Very Happy . I moved Caitlin into her own room (I know its not the same) at 11mth and it was a room of house that she wouldnt have been in much eg once a day for 2 mins on my hip to get her pj's etc. She did settle reasonably well but I think it helped that she was in same cot and had same mobile/teddys with same smells etc.

During the day when he in dif/new rooms of the house with you I think he will just find it interesting - new things to look at, places to explore etc. Your smiling, calm face Wink will be there to reassure him. I think you, daddy, same bed/cot & a few familar toys/teddys/blankets are all he'l need.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Im sure he will be fine, weve moved...from our house in Cyprus to a flat, from the flat to the inlaws for 6 weeks (housesitting) then back to the flat. Then to England and then moved again since and looking to move again Shocked Laughing I blinking hate packing and moving ive done it non stop for the last 6 years!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm sure Eli will be fine hun. WE moved when Thomas was 9 months old and although we were lucky my mam took him for 2 nights so when he came home I don't think he even noticed tbh. The most difficult bit is unpacking with a baby around tbh - I still have boxes in my wardrobe and loft that haven't been unpacked Shocked.

Moving house is stressful hun but kids are pretty resilient. I'm sure he will love exploring his new space. Oh and once the stressful bit is over you can relax and enjoy your new home - the weekend we moved was the weekend Hannah was made Wink Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 pm

hahaha i know how you feel terri, iv been here (well, up the road and then in this flat) for 3 years, which is the longest ive been anywhere Shocked

we are just moving in with my mummy for a bit, so he has been in here house lots and knows her and of course my delightful face hahaha Laughing and his daddy will all be there so im hoping it wont be too tricky.

i hope he doesnt feel worried though (having said that, the only thing in life so far that scares him is sellotape and showers!)
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 pm

We moved at 8 months and he didn't seem to notice. Recently (~20 months) we've had to move his bedroom a couple of times (due to building work and side effects of this such as roof leaks) and whilst it throws him because he runs from the bathroom to his bedroom and hence sometimes gets the wrong door, it doesn't seem to upset him. We've got to move him at least twice more before it is all done, this is on top of getting a new sibling, Christmas, and moving up to the next room at nursery in January - we're hoping he'll take it all in his stride!

Ros
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 am

Quote :
the weekend we moved was the weekend Hannah was made Wink Laughing
hahaha thats nice to know Laughing well, it needs to be done so i suppose we will just manage - hopefully wont have to much unpacking (although we too have vacupacks that havent been opened since last time haha)
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 am

OMG Ros!!!!!!

1 day til due date!!!!!!!!!

good luck hun xxx

(sorry Mari)
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 am

We moved when Libby was 11 months so quite a bit older than Eli, but she took to it brilliantly. We didnt really do anything to make her feel comfortable or settled and infact because we were doing the bungalow up (completely gutted the place) she moved bedrooms about 3 or 4 times before staying where she is now.

I'm sure Eli will be fine hun and I hope the move goes OK for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:57 am

we moved house when Tyler was around the same age - 7 months.
To a completely new house and he was absolultey fine, we did paint his room the same colour and put the same curtains up but I think all he cared about was being in his same cot.

Being up in the day time he didn't notice/care that we were somewhere different. I was expecting him to be unsettled for a few days but he was completley fine!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:23 am

sounds good Laughing sounds like he probably wont really care, it will just be mummy who is confused and unsettled hahaha
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 am

i have some advice, don't leave!! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 am

I'm moving this week end (well I hope if all goes to plan, mind way my weeks going not so sure)
But I'm dreading it with Hollie 7weeks & lillie!!! And my mum & dad won't be back their away... HELP!! Haha I'm sure we'l manage :0/ Il let you know any tips after iv pulled my hair out lol
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 am

oooh good luck! that's much more difficult than with just one little boy!

Quote :
i have some advice, don't leave!! Sad Sad Sad
hahaha well thank you, that's very helpful! but in reality it takes maybe 30 mins to get there....about 15 more than it takes to get to my house now! Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:20 am

haha true, but if it snows it'll take days!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 am

if its still snowing we will be trapped in this flat Laughing forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: moving house with a baby?   moving house with a baby? Empty

Back to top Go down

moving house with a baby?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
moving house with a baby? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
moving house with a baby? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
moving house with a baby? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
moving house with a baby? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
moving house with a baby? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
moving house with a baby? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
moving house with a baby? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
moving house with a baby? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
moving house with a baby? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
moving house with a baby? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
moving house with a baby? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
moving house with a baby? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
moving house with a baby? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
moving house with a baby? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
moving house with a baby? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words