Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

insecurities on having a second child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

insecurities on having a second child _
PostSubject: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:28 am

Hey

I know im that im prob not alone in this but its really getting me worried. Me and Gav are thinking about maybe trying for another baby next year sometime so there wont be too much of an age gap between them and Alfie. I cant wait to have a nice family and siblings for alfie to play with but i cant help worryng that i wont love them as much as i lopve Alfie. Everytime i look at him my heart melts, and its like im gonna burt with love for him. I just dont see how i can still love him this much and love another baby aswell. I will either not love the new baby as much or neglect alfie and end up loving him less.

Deep down i know this is rubbish and i will love all my babies equally but i can help but have this niggly feeling.

Has anyone else felt like this when having another baby?

x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 am

I felt exactly the same and me an oh talked about it before L was born. But when the 2nd one arrives you have enough love for both xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 am

haha i feel like that too, but then i was convinced i wouldn't love my baby more than my cats and well....the cats moved out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 am

Its completely normal. I wondered the same when I was pregnant too. Aimee was (and still is, btw) my world and I just didnt see how I could squeeze anymore love out for another baby and still love Aimee the same.

It just happens though. I have double the love now and if we have another I know I will have triple.

You will be just fine.

And good luck with TTC.

x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 am

I think everyone feels like this hun and I wish there was something I could do or say to assure you otherwise but there really isn't but trust me hun - you WILL love the second as much as the first, you wont love alfie less you will love them both more! I can't recommend having two babies enough - I absolutely love it - I so much more happy and content as a mum of two and I feel like my family is complete now.

Go into the group chat forum and check out the 'second time mummies' thread.

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 am

awww im going to stop reading this thread now before it starts giving me terrible thoughts Laughing
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 am

i'm stopping at one but i know I would have the love for 10, i'm sure you'll be the same xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 am

Had same worries and still do but ive been assured it just happens and as my pregs gone on im bonding with Awen already so im sure will be fine its just hard to magine feeling that intense overwhelming feeling i have for C
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 am

Ive said this to my family i dont think i could have another it wouldnt be fair il love callum more and they said dont be daft Laughing x I think as soon as you hold another baby it would be so different x

We have been thinking about baby num 2 but i just dont think i could cope so thats on hold x
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 am

I too was worried but after Drew was born I had this overwhelming love for him, as much as I do for MJ and I can honestly say I love them both the same so, so much. If anything I love MJ more now than before (if you get what I'm trying to say) just things she does now with her brother, her natural motherly caring and attentiveness towards him just makes me heart all burst with joy and love and sometimes it is overwhelming for me as well how much I love my 2 lil rugrats Very Happy xxxxxxxxxx I just want to squish them and hug them and kiss them all over, but MJ usually says yuck and gerroff lol
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Aww thats totally natural amy!
When i was pregnant with Charlie i was worried, It had only been me and Tommy for 6 years, i wasn't sure how i'd get on with another baby and still love my King as much as i did!
Needless to say as everyone else has, the love simply doubles! And when i have another baby i know i'll love it equally as much as my other babies!

The love i feel for my boys makes me want to have a million babies!
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:03 am

Same here, I was in tears on the phone to my mum back in Sept when I found out i was pg with my mc baby. I was so upset that I would not love the baby as much as Rowan and I was worried that looking after another baby i would not be giving Rowan what he needs.

since falling pg with this baby and seeing this baby i know i'm going to love this baby as much as Rowan.

Rowan is my absolute life and world.

What you are feeling is completely normal and i thought i was the only one who felt like it but you'd be surprised most of us do feel this way
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:38 am

I think if you didnt have those worries it would be odd. It comes from love really, if you didnt love your kids as much as you did you would not think that way. My C is so loving and affectionate i cant wait to see her holding her baby sister, i think its going to make our little family complete
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 am

I was and am still VERY worried about having another baby, I find it really hard to see how I can love another being as much as I do Libby but the love for this little man is growing more and more each day.

I already know Libby will love having a baby brother, she rubs my belly and says 'baby Dexter' (sometimes lifts my top up and sticks her finger in my belly button though Laughing ), she rests her head on it and says 'baby ahhhh' and she is obsessed with his bedroom but knows it's for baby Dexter, seeing her do these little things makes my heart melt insecurities on having a second child 270211

Like Mario said, once little man is here my little family will feel complete, and I cannot wait!!!!

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: insecurities on having a second child   insecurities on having a second child Empty

Back to top Go down

insecurities on having a second child

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
insecurities on having a second child Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words