Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? _
PostSubject: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:17 am

Since having the girls I am suffereing with the most horrendous PMS, the Dr thinks im verging on PMDD because its soo bad!

I feel the most intense anger I have ever felt, and really think I could hurt someone in the week running upto my period, and the first few days. I scream, shout, and just generally lose it, over bugger all. I feel like im filled with a red mist 'fog'.

So anyway, my point of posting is....Does anyone else suffer, and if so what treatments have you tried? What works, and what doesnt?

Im on an SSRI, and have started Evening primrose oil today.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:24 am

Blimey Lisa! No I dont...I just get a bad tummy
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 am

YES!!! ME!! It's awful - I don't recognise myself for 3-4 days in the run up. I'm an evil cow and it really get's me down Sad. The kids can't move for me shouting at them and I feel like I just cannot cope with them Embarassed but they aren't doing anything different to a normal day when I cope fine and paul can't do right for doing wrong. I know it's me and not them yet I just can't help myself. I just want to lock myself away and cry until it's over every month. I didn't even know you could get treatment for it PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? 548646 I thought it was 'just one of those things' Embarassed

What's PMDD hun? and SSRI? scratch Do you think it would be worth me seeing my doctor? I feel a bit daft and also I really don't want to go back on the pill as I need to lose this weight before my wedding and every pill I've tried makes me put on weight - I know that sounds really shallow but my weight gets me really down at times too Sad

xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:36 am

Lisa, I do and have done since having my middle child 13 years ago. It's only the last four years that I've actually been aware of it. I think once you're aware of it you can at least understand why you feel the way you do. I feel exactly how you described for about 3 days per month.

I watched a feature a few months back on This Morning with a lady who'd suffered for years and actually hurt her partner. After years she was finally diagnosed and now receives treatment.

After watching that and I talked to hubby about it (so difficult admitting after years of him taking the pee).i started taking evening primrose and does seem to help or maybe it seems less intense because I'm so aware of it!

Hope you start to feel better soon as it really is awful and really upsetting.

xxx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:45 am

Im not joking Debs....I could of wrote your post word for word!! PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? 466645

The pill makes me a lot worse. Any synthetic hormone does Sad

Ive looked at a few things to treat it, but im at early days in trying them out. Yeah defo go and see your Dr though

PMDD - pre menstrual dysmorphic disorder.....sounds a bit like us to be honest - lol!

Im ashamed to admit that in those few days i feel like I hate Chris, and my kids dont deserve the horrible person I become. I would never hurt them, but I could literally put them down, wlak out of the front door....and keep walking. I feel like they'd be very much better off without me.

Then 48hrs later, im back to loving caring wife and mum.....WTF!!??

It feels like a very very dark place, and I hate it with a passion.

Out of interest Debs, what were you like when pg? My mood was great all the time (mostly), and im told its because of the abundance of progesterone hormone.

So basically what ive found out so far is that the treatment options are:

1. Do nothing, but eat well & exercise.
2. SSRI's - A type of anti depressant that helps with this condition (not doing much for me so far though)
3. Evening primrose oil (decent dose though, not tesco's)
4. Progesterone cream (from America, pretty good reviews)
5. Magnesium
6 Calcium
7. Vitamin B complex
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 am

Thanks Babymilly

TBH its really nice to here that others even understand where im coming from.....I feel psychotic when its happening. Thank god Chris is understanding, because I say some awful things!!

Ive been and go some EP oil capsules today, and started them, early days but I will try anything.

xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:07 am

Lisa I'm not ignoring you hun, can only get on on my phone so will reply properly when I can log in on lappy.

xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 am

I think I should join you ladies. I just get this rage. EVERYTHING annoys me to the point of me wanting to explode. My AF isn't regular but this feeling is generally for about 3 days before it starts, sometimes a little longer. It feels asthough everyone is out to test my patience and only exist to piss me off. I also get very emotional and disparing. Other people notice it, not just Dave. Some of my good friends at work noticed that I get very ranty and not my usual happy self. I can also get quite negative which again isn't like me.

I'd never really thought about doing anything about it, no idea why but I just kind of accepted it. Think I'll make a start with some EP and see what happens xxx
Back to top Go down
hopadom

hopadom

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:29 am

Oh wow!! So I'm not alone either!!!

It's strange cos although I knew this was hormonal and figured other people suffered too, it's just not one of those things that get talked about...until now. Thank you so much Lisa x

I too am a sufferer. I went to my docs over ten years ago and mentioned it to him but he just brushed it off...he's bluddy lucky I didn't deck him there and then tbh!

I've had the odd convo here and there with other people and family and they look at me as though I'm mad! I had thought about going to my new doc but just haven't got round to it. I had no idea pmdd even existed. Will have to google it as it more than likely describes me one week out of every month.

Sometimes I find myself getting stuck in a rut and even when the hormones have subsided I still have this black cloud hanging over me. I truly believe it's what triggered my depression.

I think there are certain foods that make it better and worse. Trouble is sticking to the correct diet! I even mentioned it to my midwife when we was talking about contraception and she mentioned the mirena coil is supposed to help with it. I've had it fitted for about 10 months now and my last af wasn't as bad (pmtwise) but the 9 months before that have been hell.

Will be following this thread with great interest. Lets see if we can help each other and conquer this once and for all hey?! x x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:31 am

Tbh hun I was up and down when pg but no where near as bad as I am since stopping bf. Once I had stopped bf and my hormones returned to 'normal' it started and it came as an awful shock. I have always been very much ruled by my hormones to a massive extent but this is a whole new level.

I know exactly how you feel when you say you could walk away. I get to the point where I feel like if I don't walk away I will hurt someone - I know I would never hurt my babies or Paul but I can't help thinking 'what if' - you read stories where people have snapped over silly things and it scares me that I would even question myself (I hope you know what I mean ).

On a couple of occasions I have thrown things at Paul (in his general direction - never to actually hit him) I am thouroughly ashamed of myself for this and the second it happens I regret it but I just cannot control it.

I'm so glad you made this post hun coz I was starting to think I was going a little mad tbh - losing it . I think I will go see my doc tbh hun - I can't live in fear of myself each month. The only saving grace is that my cycles are pretty long (5-6 weeks) so at least I don't have it every four weeks like some people.

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:19 am

Lisa if progesterone helps would the progesterone only pill be an option for you?
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 am

marioandthestuntbubs wrote:
Lisa if progesterone helps would the progesterone only pill be an option for you?

For some reason it makes me worse........????????

The drs reckon synthetic hormones are no where near like the natural ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??   PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Empty

Back to top Go down

PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
PMT...PMS...PMDD - Any sufferers?? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words