Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Does any one know much about mortgages?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Does any one know much about mortgages? _
PostSubject: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 am

I have not got a clue about anything like this so please excuse me!
Basically, Lukes finally asked his Mam for some help in us getting a house (we are currently living with my mum and its hard, finding it very hard to rent private as a 2/3 bed house/flat is a grand a month alone and no chance with the council so we are stuck in a rut)
So his Mam has said, the money from the flat in Cyprus he can use as a deposit (im guessing its worth £100k-ish) and IF he can get a mortgage in his name she will be a guarantor.
The thing is i think its highly unlikely Luke will be able to get a mortgage! Hes young, only been working in the UK a year (moved to Cyprus when he was 15) has no credit history (no o/d, no credit or store cards, no loans)
So....i dont really know what im asking but some advise and basic explanations would be nice Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:11 am

Mandy should know (I think she was a mortgage advisor)
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:11 am

Oh yes she is!! Hope she see this Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:13 am

would his mum being guarantor massively help in terms of him getting a mortgage
well you would like to think so eh ?
fingers crossed for you x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:20 am

hi hun, my internet is playing up tonight so am on my mobile, i'll pm you tomorrow if thats ok otherwise it will take me forever x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks so much mandy Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 am

Are you saying you'd have £100k as a deposit??? Round here you could buy a decent apartment for that or a terraced house maybe!

Or have i totally got the wrong end of the stick? Smile

maybe if his mum put in for s joint mortgage with him he'd stand a better chance! That's what my dad did for me when I got my first house.
Back to top Go down
Tamsen&Louis

Tamsen&Louis

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm

im 19 with a mortgage i had no credit history ive never borrowed anything and never been in debt my partner has only bought a car using a small finance deal and neither of us have had credit cards. we had no problems in getting our mortage if i where you id go into a bank rather than mortgage advisors i went to all my local banks as i thought the advise the mortgage advisor was a little steep ... and i was right
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:20 pm

I got a mortgage when I was 19 too... had only been working for a year, had a credit card that Id never used and a loan for a car no guarantor and only a 5% deposit and I got a mortgage no problem.

Think it's worth asking the banks or going into somewhere like the mortgage shop (do you have then in UK?) In Jersey they do everything for you and they don't charge for it... they get you the best deals etc.

It's a good time to get a mortgage as the goverfnment are pushing the banks to lend more and it's probably a good thing that Luke doesn't have any credit history means he's never needed to borrow money Wink
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks girls im a bit more reassured now as i thought he/we didnt have a hope in hell! Get you girls having a mortage at 19 Shocked i wouldnt of even thought about things like that and that age Embarassed
Yes BabyM, houses around here are between 200-300k and not even for anything that brilliant either! We should so move up north, way cheaper.
Im still quite clueless about the whole thing tbh. Luke spoke to his Mam last night and she said it would be better to get a mortgage in his name as when they tried to get one of the house theyve got bought they got turned down by 10 lenders Shocked ??!! Its because when they moved to Cyprus they cut all ties with England so were classed as ex-pats, even though they are rolling in it! (think they ended up buying the house outright)
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:44 pm

have sent you a pm hun, you might want to make a cuppa before you sit down and read it, it's quite long Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks Mandy i really appreciate it Smile I'll show Luke when he gets in and get back too as i have loads of questions Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know much about mortgages?   Does any one know much about mortgages? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does any one know much about mortgages?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Does any one know much about mortgages? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words