Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Reporting Law

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:08 am

Not sure how anyone else thinks about this but I think anyone associated with a crime, i.e. a suspect, should be 100% anonymous until they are found guilty

I'm just reading about the Jo Yeates murder and Sky news keep putting up the landlords picture and saying he was released but is still a 'suspect' ...why the hell are papers etc allowed to ruin a persons reputation because someone is 'suspected' of doing something?!

The lives of suspected rapist, murderers, any crime really are ruined to some degree by this accusation and public announcement that police THINK they did something...I think it is disgusting.

How would any of us feel if we were accused of being a child abuser...and it went on Sky news with our picture...even though nothing was ever proved...just cos a nosy neigh suspected it?! We'd be devastated - and that how anyone accused of doing something feels when they know they didn't do it but can do nothing to really clear their name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:14 am

I think everyone should be innocent until proven guilty. In the case of this country you are guilty until it may have been proven you are actually innocent by which time your rep is in tatters and people are buring down your house/harrasing your family etc...

I think people should be kept anonymous until it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that they did it. I think it is disgusting the papers labelling this guy as a murderer when in fact he might just be an innocent (albeit slightly creepy looking) old man xxxx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:23 am

I totally agree - its not fair at all! Many people may think it is but as you say if it happened to you or your family you would soon change your mind!

My cousin was falsely accused of rape, and while its still being looked at by the CPS (I think), 5 yrs later no decision has been made about court. It ruined my family for a while, and has impacted on him emigrating to australia as its still hanging over him. If he ended up in the papers my family would be distraught. I went to school with the girl and to be blunt she aint all there. She has made accusations before and been 'paid off'. She is an evil cow Evil or Very Mad . Her family are loaded and live near my cousin and even took to driving past my cousins older sis who was pg really slow and giving her dirty looks from their range rover. Things like that scar the person & their family. Iv seen the impact and thats even before the press get involved!!!

I know some people may disagree with my example as its a rape case, iv saw it argued that in rape cases they need as many women to come forward as possible to secure a conviction so suspects should be made public. I totally disagree! Victims get to remain annonymous (rightly), but what gets my goat is the women who lie and ruin mens lives and still get to remain annoymous - even after it was proved to be a spiteful claim (Im not talking about people who it may have happened/eg not enough evidence, i mean pre meditated lies)
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 pm

i think its very sad for those that have been wrongly accused of rape/child molestation and what not to be named ! ,,i am a magazing hound true life stories blah blah blah and so many have killed themselves or had their worlds turned upside down , been tortured houses vandalized

there should be a ban !
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:18 pm

I totally agree Lisa.

My cousin was an upper school teacher and one of his 6th form pupils developed a crush on him and when she realised he didn't feel the same way about her (obviously as he is not only her teacher but a hapily married father of two babies Rolling Eyes ) she became very spiteful and falsly accused him of 'touching' her intimately Shocked. He was suspended immediately and put through hell with the courts etc but the worst part of it was that his full name AND address was printed in the papers and he bacame the victim of a local hate campaign Sad. His house was graffitied on with awful abuse and regularly had awful notes (including pics of and threats towards his wife and babies) put through the door and eggs (and other mingin stuff) thrown at their windows. He had two babies under two in the house at the time and they had to move house twice to get away from it. Both he and his wife ended up on anti Ds because of it and he ended up having a breakdown when social services told him he wasn't allowed to ever be unsupervised around his own children. All this when he had done absolutely nothing wrong - just some horrible little biatch that decided one day to try to ruin an innocent persons life, career and (almost) marriage Sad. After months and months of being dragged through courts and cross examined he was proven not guilty but shit sticks, he lived in a small community in Cumbria and couldn't get work after this. Thankfully they have moved and got back on track now and he has managed to get his career back on track.

What annoys me most about this case though is that the 'girl' (she was 17 when she made the accusition but 19 when it was all over) has had absolutely no consequences for her false claims and all the hurt it caused. Because she was classed as a minor at the start she had full protetction and has never been named or appeared in court and even afterwards when she was an adult she was protected. I think the way our CPS works in this country is absolutely disgusting and something needs to be done Mad

xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:32 pm

I totally agree.
I understand to a degree that the newspapers are under pressure to get news out to the public about what is happening but that does not have to include people's full names and addresses, just vague details would suffice. It's just devastating what happens to people's lives who are falsely accused.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 pm

i was thinking exactley the same lisa when i saw the headlines yestoday. poort bloke if he's done nothing his reputation will be ruined, people will just think no smoke without fire kinda thing!! i think they should be anonymous until found guilty x
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 am

Weve just been talking about this at work today, like already said why is it a case of guilty until proven innocent in this country. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Reporting Law _
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Law   Reporting Law Empty

Back to top Go down

Reporting Law

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Reporting Law Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Reporting Law Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Reporting Law Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Reporting Law Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Reporting Law Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Reporting Law Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Reporting Law Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Reporting Law Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Reporting Law Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Reporting Law Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Reporting Law Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Reporting Law Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Reporting Law Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Reporting Law Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Reporting Law Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website