Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

it's gonna be a flop :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

it's gonna be a flop :( _
PostSubject: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 am

seriously....am sure my wedding is going to be a total flop!!

so many people have dropped out, 2 of sam's friends and their partners didn't even bother to respond to the invitation, we have had to chase them up and they've said they're not coming

we're down about 16guests now and it's awful, it just feels like everyone is going to be bored and the whole thing is gonna be a big flop Sad
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 am

oh no Kenty - why are people so useless

How many did you pay for in the package?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 am

paid for 60, that's including kids, but numbers were at about 72....now i doubt they even meet 60 tbh
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 am

Don't worry - that's a good amount

It will be fine!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:50 am

fook em kenty if they cant be arsed to come then its their loss and just shows who your true friends are. forget about them, i know its a rea kick in the teeth but its your 2's day and you will be sharing it with the people who mean the most to you Smile have a ovley day hun xxx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 am

i hope it's not a flop, the last thing i want is people going home thinking 'well that was a bit crap'
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:56 am

of course it wont be, dont be worrying about weather others are having a good time, just concentrate on you and your little family, im sure everyone will have a lovley day x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 am

it wont be a flop!
You will all enjoy yourself im sure!
xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 am

Kenty it's going to be a wonderful day (and night!) You're going to have a fantastic time and we're going to party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 am

I'm sure everybody is going to thoroughly enjoy your big day and to those who don't turn up fek 'em they've missed out it is their loss. It is YOURS and SAMS big day and I'm sure everyone will enjoy themselves and not think it was crap at all I love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 am

im sure your day will be great and everyone will have a fabby time ! x x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 am

I honestly think I would struggle to get 60 guests! Both me & Stuarts parents are split (I have no contact with my dads side) and on his dads there is only his dad, partner and daughter. Im an only child and he only has 1 sis. We do have aunts/uncles/cousins but not that many.

I think 60 sounds fine hun. You will have a wonderful day. Numbers isnt what makes it! (Id be peed off too but if you ended up paying for extra meals though!)

I was bridesmaid at my friends wedding 2 yrs ago and there was only bout 45-50 for meal. Everyone said it was the niceset most intimate/friendly wedding they had been too. Everyone was relaxed and it didnt seem like a 'performance' more just watching 2 people who loved eachother seal the deal so to speak. The reception was upstairs in a country pub and was lovely. I much prefered it to my cousins big wedding were I was also bridesmaid and felt like I knew no one.

It will be amazing! x
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 am

Kenty

It is not going to be a flop hun. The important people will be there and that is all that matters. It is yours and Sams day hun so make sure you guys both enjoy it. Don't be worrying about others and whether or not they are having a good time I am sure everyone will have a ball. My brother in laws wife told a friend of mine that she really didn't want to be at our wedding to be honest I wish she hadn't of bothered lol

It is only natural to worry hun but it really will be the best day ever xxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am

As long as you as sam and the kids enjoys yourself, feck what the others think! I'm sure it'll be great though x
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 am

I would rather have 16 than 60 any day, it's much more fun! Like Snoopy said, it's much more relaxed and you fell so much closer to the "action" which will make it so special for your guests! We had about 20 people watching our ceremony, then the reception was family only, so about 10 people and it was perfect! Very Happy

I hope you have an amazing day, I'm sure it will be and you will look gorgeous!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Natkat wrote:
I would rather have 16 than 60 any day, it's much more fun! Like Snoopy said, it's much more relaxed and you fell so much closer to the "action" which will make it so special for your guests! We had about 20 people watching our ceremony, then the reception was family only, so about 10 people and it was perfect! Very Happy

I hope you have an amazing day, I'm sure it will be and you will look gorgeous!!

she means down by 16...not down to 16!
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

oops! Embarassed That's what I get for reading posts first thing in the morning! I'll go and sit in the corner with my dunce's cap on! Embarassed

Having said that, I am still convinced you are going to have a wonderful day!!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Awww Kenty! I KNOW your wedding is going to be gorgeous, incredible, and everything you hoped and dreamed it would be. You will be the most beautiful bride, Sam a very handsome groom, and your amazing children will be so incredibly cute! All that matters are you, hubby to be and those precious babies! Have a good time and enjoy this once in a lifetime day that you will officially become Mrs. Sam! Wish I could be there to throw bird seed at you! Love n kisses! xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Aww hun you are going to have a wonderful day and tbh I think you have a nice number of guests. I was bridesmaid at a wedding with 50 guests and it was perfect - enough to have a good atmosphere but not too many that it was over crowded and the B&G spent every minute trying to 'get around' everybody. My two cousins had between 100-120 daytime guests and I have to say it was mayhem - very crowded, slow to be served at the bar, the top table were eating dessert before the last table even got starters and everything just felt rushed and not at all relaxed so I would say your numbers will be great hun.

I really wanted to keep my numbers below 60 but with interfering mothers it has gone over and I'm not impressed as we have had to move rooms at our venue to occomodate them to a more modern conference room type thing as opposed to the lovely traditional panelled room with huge fire places etc that I wanted and tbh I'm gutted Sad.

As far as people dropping out are cocerned it's their loss not yours! It's an honour to be invited to share someones special day and if they dont appreciate that then they dont deserve to be there hun.

xx
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm

We had about 45 at our wedding and it was perfect. There was plenty of room to boogie and I got chance to sit down and talk to more people properly..
You will have a fabarooni day hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 pm

I had 24 people at my wedding and it was perfect...only the people we really wanted there.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 pm

We also had a small one, 35 people and it was lovely cos it felt very intimate and personal. Im sure you will have a wonderful day no matter what hon
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I had 200 at my first wedding and I wouldn't recommend it. Like Debs say the bar was too busy, the top table had finished eating when the other tables were just starting, I didn't get to speak to everyone there and to be honest didn't know half of them. This time we're having a much more intimate wedding with just the most important people there. All that matters is that the people you love are there and you will have a wonderful day. Forget about whether everyone else is enjoying themselves and concentrate on you xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:29 pm

I think it will be perfect. Your worrying is totally normal, i was the same.

On the day though, you just wont care... as long as the four of you are there xx
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

As if!!! It's not about quantity its about quality!!! And those that matter will be there!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: it's gonna be a flop :(   it's gonna be a flop :( Empty

Back to top Go down

it's gonna be a flop :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
it's gonna be a flop :( Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words