Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Moving from cot to bed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 am

I was thinking of taking the sides off Lilys cot bed to make it into the proper bed and see how she goes in it.

I have read the posts about falling out etc but i was more concerned about keeping her in bed. What I mean is that sometimes she does not want to go to bed and stands up in the cot moaning and if she was in a bed i think she would just keep getting out. Obviously she can open doors etc so i am wondering how i will actually go about keeping her in the room, let alone in the bed! Am i being stupid and missing something obvious??!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 am

A gate on the door of her room Smile
Tayla can climb out of her cot now, but has only ever done it twice as shes quite good at going down for naps, so im trying to leave it as long as i can!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 am

I never had to deal with her getting out of bed because once the light is off she will not get out of bed.
She is just like Susan's Libby...even in the morning she will shout me but wont get out til I come in and turn the light on...even then she doesn't get out right away. It's not like she can't see cos there is a night light and the whole room is dimly lit.

I think if they get out though you just have to keep picking them up without saying anything and putting them back in the bed
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 am

Lisa wrote:
I think if they get out though you just have to keep picking them up without saying anything and putting them back in the bed

Blimey i think i will be doing that all night! I might have to try Terri's idea of trapping her in her room Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

If she is not climbing out then I would leave her in cot for a bit longer. I am leaving H for as long as I can x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 am

Aimee was a monkey for getting out of bed (still is), so at first I used to shut her door. When she managed to open doors we just popped a stairgate on her doorframe.

She still gets out of bed and shouts 'night night' down the stairs, but she gets bored and just gets back into bed x
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

We're keeping the sides on Seb's cotbed for as long as possible.

However (due to building work) we had to move him into the box room and to avoid putting the cotbed next to the radiator we had to put it near the door - and first nap time we discovered that he could stand up and open the door - couldn't go anywhere of course but repeatedly opened and shut the door. This went on for 40 min (with no sleeping) until we gave up on the nap! We now wedge a bit of card near the top of the door and this prevents him from opening it. (He can however also reach his sock drawer so that is the first place we look for missing soft toys.)

Ros
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 am

Chloe just doesn't bother getting out of bed, we had the odd night at first where she'd fall asleep on the floor at the top of the stairs but after she realised that wasn't very comfy she stays there until morning, then comes and jumps on us about 7ish. They just get used to it in the end
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 am

Im not putting her in a bed until I have to......Im thinking that while shes happy, im not messing with it. Weve got plenty of room in her cotbed, and she likes it x

At least then she will be older and I will be able to 'talk' to her a bit more!

Im hoping till shes about 7 at least Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 am

we did it for space to move e into the cot, have gone for a full size bed and she loves it, she was tearing around this aft when she should ave been napping but eventually got in and went to sleep, she has lots of toys in there
(most of which end up in bed) but she LOVES her bed, yesterday morning she was by the door but usually when she is in bed she is ready to sleep, she has no night light so unless its nap time she cant see anything anyway
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 am

We've got a gate up at Olivers door too. On a morning we close the gate on the stairs and open his gate and he jumps in bed with us for cuddles..or takes himself off to the bathroom for 'poo-wee-wee's' lol
When we 1st moved him into a bed he did get out alot but that was down to the fact it was all new to him and was excited, but he soon got bored.
Since we have had a few episodes that have lasted a week or 2 where he'll get out and 'push his luck' but like Laura's LO he just gets out to come to the gate to shout night night to us, then he gets back into bed and off to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:40 am

hhahahah I said Izzy doesn't get out!

She realised she could!

Anyway yesterday she went down for her nap ad was there 15 mins then came out the door!

It took me about 10 times putting her back before she shouted Night Night and gave up!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Moving from cot to bed _
PostSubject: Re: Moving from cot to bed   Moving from cot to bed Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving from cot to bed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Moving from cot to bed Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words