Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Moving onto Beakers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!
My Name: Laura
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 am

My son has a beaker during the day for his water but has a soft spout, sort of like a bottle, Its a tommee Tippee one and when he has his milk in the morning and evening he has it in a bottle. People have to said to me he shouldnt be having a bottle any more but he really loves his bottles so i was just wondering what you all do with regards to bottles vs beakers and if you use beakers could you tell me which one's you use or paste a link to it please

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 am

H has all his milk from a 'cow' beaker it's black and White and I think I got it from Asda. X
Back to top Go down
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!
My Name: Laura

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 am

How long has he been having it from a beaker?
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 am

Amandaplus2 wrote:
H has all his milk from a 'cow' beaker it's black and White and I think I got it from Asda. X

Izzy has these too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amadeus-5031438003405-Cow-Cup/dp/B001AUF2I4

Personally I'd say you will know he is ready to move - Izzy had a bottle for a lot longer than 'recommended' and basically refused to drink milk from anything but a bottle...then one day just decided it was OK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 am

We cut out his afternoon one first around 11m then the breakfast one and lastly the bedtime one so he never had a bottle after about 12/13 months x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 am

elijah uses this one http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/85/7675/tommee-tippee-first-cup---pink-/ its £1.26 in tesco but only holds i think up to 5oz or so, he takes water or milk from it - it isn't nonspill but he has managed fine from 6 months Smile the beaker equivalent is http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Feeding/Weaning/Cups/Tommee-Tippee-First-Beaker-Blue%280078487%29?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N%2FA-_-Tommee%20Tippee%20First%20Beaker%20-%20Blue and eli will be using that when his hands are big enough! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:31 am

Laura

Ellie is still having her milk from a bottle and will do for as long as she wants. I did buy a cow cup and put her milk in and she launched across the living room so using my very well tuned motherly instincts I figured she isn't ready to get rid of her bocky!

My other two had their bottles for well longer than this and survived and both have good teeth and eventually moved on to cups.

Hey (this is a top secret) my son had a baby cup til he was 8 for his cup of tea in the morning, he used to lie in his bed with his cup!

Just let Robert guide you and feck the official guidelines Smile

Last edited by BabyMilly on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 am

ooo we have them tommitippe ones. try his milk in that n then change the water to a hard lidded one.. paige has her milk in the soft lid ones. she was all good. we brought two one pink one blue just for her milk so she knew it was her milk x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 am

C still has her milk in a bottle. She simply wont drink it from a cup so is bottle or nowt. I figure its 2 bottles a day its not like shes got it in her gob all day so im not stressing about it
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 am

Arwyn only has her night feed in a bottle, during the day if she's getting formula and not boob she has this cup...
http://www.nuby.com/en/nuby/cups-spouts/9644
it has a soft spout like her bottle but it means she can hold it her herself and get used to a beaker. she has the same one as Mari has for Elijah for her water so she can get used to free flow
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 am

Lily refused to have bottles once she was about 11 months as she wanted a cup, I was sad as wanted to carry on babying her for a bit longer!!

We have about 5 of these and really like them as they are cheap, do not have fiddly bits to clean and put together and absolutely have not leaked despite Lily doing her best to shake the drink out!http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anywayup-CLASSIC-BEAKER-months-color/dp/B000G1TDNS/ref=pd_bxgy_by_text_b
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am

oliver tends to have proper cups in the day time now, then a beaker in the morning and night, he has only just stopped with the night bottle though about 2 weeks ago...found it hard to switch over cos it was like the end of an era kinda thing Embarassed

he just has the tommee tippee beaker that the hv gave us, dunno bout anyone else but iv found it difficult to find any other free flow ones really x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Callum has a tommee tippee cup for juice during the day but the sam as C he just wont drink milk out off one and only has the bottle of milk before nap and bed xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 pm

we also use bottles and I was beginning to worry but babymilly and mario you've just reminded me that it's only a guideline and we all know how useful they are Wink

Tyler has a beaker in the day for water or juice but I don't think he would have 8oz of milk out of a beaker.. we have tried for his bed time bottle but he won't have it.
He never has the bottle himself (i.e. I dont give it to him and put him in his cot with it) he has it before his bath and has his teeth brushed afterwards anyway.

SO we will continue with bottles... means i get a nice cuddle in the morning anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Gracie has her bedtime milk in a tommee tipee first beaker i prefer them as it dosnt leak if she falls asleep and it wont squirt everywhere if she leans on the teat xx
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Embarassed alasdair will be 2 at the end of the month and still wants bottles

i have every cup imaginable and he just chucks it. and he cant drink out of the straw types Sad i have got him used to the nuby ones, like pixels. but will find a bottle or see one and want it
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:34 am

Wil has this one and the larger version without a handle (can't find a link)
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266813034

The big one holds 400mls

Wil gave up his bottle at 11 months quite willingly (he had been very attached to it). My niece has only given her bedtime bottle up in the last two weeks and she is 2 and a half.

Wil started on the basic tommee tippee cups and has progressed to these.
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 am

I tried Alfie with a blue and green cow print one from Asda, he did try it but couldn't even get any out scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Moving onto Beakers _
PostSubject: Re: Moving onto Beakers   Moving onto Beakers Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving onto Beakers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Moving onto Beakers Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words