Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

1 in 5 children suffer abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

1 in 5 children suffer abuse _
PostSubject: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 pm

http://tiny.cc/lopll

Surely that can not be right Shocked

Last edited by Lisa on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 pm

scarey but probably true,
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 pm

I read this earlier.

That is one mighty high number!

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 pm

I guess it depends what you define as abuse.

A slap on the legs is technically physical abuse but I suspect most of us experienced that as a child. If they had carried out the survey in 1900 I bet the results would have been more like 4 out of 5 (or higher) were abused.

Still terrible though
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Good point Gill, I can remember being a brat to my poor mum in secondary school - smoking, staying out late drinking etc. She flipped one night and took her belt to me - was the most pathetic tap to the leg ever. I think Id already kicked her, drawn on her shoes with eyeliner, locked her in conservatory and danced in front of window with a lighter Embarassed and thrown stuff so she had done it out of desperation. My mum rarely smacked me as a child and this was a total one off.

If i answered a survey at age 15 I would have possibly stated what happened & saw it as physical abuse. Now at 26 im embarrassed by my behaviour to my mum and we can almost laugh about that night, though I think it still upsets my mum that I went through that stage.

Still horrible to think of the poor children that do suffer abuse though.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:41 am

wow thats a high number Shocked
but like snoopy i had one incident with my mum, i was being totally discusting to her because she wouldnt take me to asda 'now' and buy me a new skirt, it ended up her dragging me up the stairs with the scruff of my neck and throwing me onto the bed, back then id have said it was physical abuse but now i look back and think no a mother at the end of her teather cos her 14yr old is being a little cowbag...oh she also once threw a troll at me in temper cos i threw it at her 1st Laughing but them 2 incidents were totally out of the norm cos i never usually so much as got a smacked bum off her.
my dad used to smack our bums and our legs if we were naughty and it stung and probibly left a red mark...i bet that would be classed as abuse, but i wouldnt have said i was abused

its really scary though, my heart bleeds for my kids if they fall over or hurt themselves, why would anyone hurt them on purpous Sad x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 am

i was never ever smacked we learnt at an early age no means no!! however when i was 16 mum was really ill and had chemo and i was a total biatch i am o ashamed of myself, i was leaving home told her i hated her, smoking, stayed out without a word and in a final desperation she grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and shouted at me in a way i never heard before

i say thats desperatio9n of a mother with a wild child, now we have that with ceejay and if we lay a finger on him we stand a chance of being prosicuted
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:19 am

I havent read the article... i was smacked as a child - i wouldn't put it down to abuse.. I smack my boys - esp the older one as he is getting a bit gobby - as any mother of an 11 yr old would understand.. I know people don't agree with it but each to our own hey!!

I was in mcdonalds last night and cutting very long story short.. a traveller "girl" late teens early 20s was their with 4 children .. the 2 horrible little boys were creating merry hell.. running fighting climbing.. she went up to counter left baby crawling on the floor, two boys running havoc and lil girl sat at table... she laid out food sat with 2 kids and ate dinner.. the boys still running about got pulled over to the table screamed and the younger one around 3 got slapped about 4 times to back of head.. the older one about 6 ish (really rude gobby and arrogant got punched - yes punched in the neck twice Shocked

What do you do WTF ?? Everyone turned to her with pure disgust - understanding the boys were bastewards but come on - the manager asked her to chill the kids out.. - she left the boys hadnt even sat down once to eat... My eldest Lewis was so close to tears I honestly dont think he will ever misbehave again eh?

We just sat there dumbfounded - them poor children Sad
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 am

yeh, that sounds about right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 5 children suffer abuse   1 in 5 children suffer abuse Empty

Back to top Go down

1 in 5 children suffer abuse

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
1 in 5 children suffer abuse Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website