Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Your oh's and lo's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:53 am

Do you oh's ever do much with your los? Or take them out for days out? Or even just to tesco?
Luke never takes Tayla out Sad I know he works long hours but he is home at weekends but never seems to want to spend quality time just them two. In her life he has taken her to the local farm for an hour by himself and once to tesco....thats it!
I would love for them to go out for a few hour and just leave me be Laughing i never seem to get time to do the big jobs that need to be done as ive always got a toddler dragging on my leg!
I dont know is hes scared, or cant be bothered or it just doesnt cross him mind...god knows what goes hos head!
What are ur oh's life?
(just got me thinking as i was at toddler gym today and there were a few dads)
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 am

Nope Mad Dan rarely takes her anywhere other than his family and if I FORCE him he will take her to the supermarket

I would LOVE Dan to just pop her in the buggy and take her up town but he just doesnt ..I love seeing dads with kids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 am

I know i love seeing it too! I always thought Luke would be one of them Dads though.. Sad I might try some gentle encouraging then start forcing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:15 am

The daft thing is he enjoys it when he takes her!

The other day I made him take her and he got her a red nose and had fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:19 am

Yep same as Luke actually he said she was fab when they just went to Tesco and he bought her a Woody and Buzz! So why cant they do it more often!?
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:19 am

If I need time to do things or want some peace I just tell Matt to take her out, sometimes men just don't think about these things for themselves and need us to remind them
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 am

See..that is one of my pet peeves too! Shayne would rather take the dogs for a ride than Maky! I know he doesn't have a car seat in his truck for her..but I have no problems him taking my vehicle for her to go for a ride!! Also..I think it's important if they go to the store to see how much fun it is shopping with the little ones..going grocery shopping alone is actually heaven! In this cold weather..I try so hard to get them out at least once everyday..even if its for 30 mins. Summer time..I think we all gonna live outside! xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 am

After her op I wasnt comfortable with him taking her out alone because I thought he had little common sense, bless him, I think I was a bit hard though.

He has taken her out a couple of times since I had Lily though, and they had a great time.

It could be that Luke doesnt think to. James said to me that he didnt realise he was allowed! Your oh's and lo's 517725

x
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 am

im really lucky with mine, he loves taking ava out, on the days im at work he takes her out for the day and even when we're both off he'll take her out for a few hours so i can have some me time.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 am

Laura...he didnt think he was allowed aw bless him!
Pinky you are very lucky! Think ill be having words over the weekend...trouble is hes on call this weekend so he cant even take her out, umm then next weekend hes driving up to get our dog....so the weekend after that then!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 am

Terri maybe he wants to spend time with the both of you and so doesn't think to take Tayla out?

I know for me, I want to spend time with my OH AND Tyler so dont often take Tyler out on my own but thats because if I go out with Tyler OH quite often would rather come with us as he's in on his own with Tyler a lot so maybe its tht?

although its probably not its probably just him being a typical stupid man!
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 am

I'm quite lucky as Rob loves taking Harry here and there; often when I'm at work in the mornings I will get a picture message of Harry at the park or on one of the rides at Tesco lol, when we have a day or morning off together, he will take Harry off to the shops or park to give me a break xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:17 am

Paul takes Thomas everywhere with him - he doesnt actually ever go far alone but if he does he always takes Thomas. It's always on erands though he wouldn't think to just take him to the park or out for a walk unless I prompted him. He says he can't wait till he's a bit older and he will take him to the football and pictures etc.

However he won't take Hannah. He says that Thomas is gonna be his best mate and Hannah is a girl so she wont want to go to football etc so she can go shopping with me Rolling Eyes. To be fair Hannah is a bit young still and is very much a mummys girl so I accept this until she is old enough to feel left out and then I will insist they are kept equal.

There has been the odd occasion where I have gone out and left him alone with the kids for an evening and by all accounts they have great fun without me Rolling Eyes but if I am here OH just sits and lets me do EVERYTHING. I don't understand this at all because he really does enjoy playing/bathing them etc. When me and Hannah went bridesmaids dress shopping OH took Thomas for his physio appt and he then took him for lunch and to soft play all on his own with no prompting from me - I nearly fell over from the shock when he told me Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 am

When oh is off we will go out as a family, sometimes he takes H with him but now I'm back at work he says he will be taking them out when he's looking after them. He took them both to Toys R Us yesterday and let H run riot lol
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:53 am

im quite lucky. hannah goes everywhere with oh. sometimes he doesnt even have a choice hannah tells him shes going.

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 am

My OH takes Wil to dads' club most Saturday mornings. It is a group for dads and kids and mums are not allowed. It is fab because it gives me 3 hours to do whatever I need to do without Wil in tow.

They have only been going for a few weeks but they both love it, Wil has made friends and so has OH (OH is really shy so it is amazing for him to have Mr Confident (Wil) with him to help him make friends)

OH is taking brownies for everyone for tomorrow morning and they are in the oven cooking now.

He also takes Wil to the supermarket on the way there or back and stuff too.
Back to top Go down
pecan

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Im another lucky one Paul works long hours but when he gets home he baths Caleb feeds him dinner gives Ava her late feed he takes Caleb everywhere with him ... but saying that he had an awful father who got drunk and beat on his mum and was an ass to the kids so he makes it his lifes work not to turn out the same as his own dad i really couldn't ask for a better dad for my kids
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Aww Gill your OH sounds well sweet, taking brownies to Dads Club!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm

My oh has never took callum out by himself Shocked he makes me laugh because when he pops over the shop i say oh take callum for a walk he will so no too much hassle yet when its just me and callum he expects me to take callu over and do electric and things Evil or Very Mad x
Im hoping when he gets a lil older he will do more with him xx
Back to top Go down
Rhona

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm

i must be a lucky one too, mick takes kate all the time. he works a lot but when hes home i dont get near her! on thursday he took her to airdrie to see his mum for the day after taking me to the horse and dropping me at the supermarket with my mum Laughing. sometimes if i have a lot to do he takes her out a walk or to the shop or swings for a hour. but his dad didnt do much with him either he was 1 of 5 and his dad was a alcoholic then he got throat cancer so he was ill a lot while mick grew up so i think thats why he does everything with kate from baths to bottles to cleaning up the runs lol
Back to top Go down
Tarn

Tarn

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:38 pm

My husband is great with our son. Loves spending time whether it's the three of us or just the two of them. I think it's down to confidence as well (applies to me as well) because the more time my OH has spent with our son the more he enjoys it and then he wants to spend more time with him which obviously helps me as well.

I normally work Mon-Fri but I've work a few Saturdays as well this year so my OH has had to looked after our son by himself. He's loved it.

It's great now, because I can pop out and just leave the two of them together without worrying about anything. Hasn't always been the case but these things just take time and practice.

xTx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Your oh's and lo's _
PostSubject: Re: Your oh's and lo's   Your oh's and lo's Empty

Back to top Go down

Your oh's and lo's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Your oh's and lo's Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website