Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

"Child birth is easy!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 am

Another corker from my SIL, she reckons that because her little boy arrived within 2 hours of her waters breaking that labour was easy and that there are a lot of drama queens out there that make theres sound more awful than it actually was!! Grrr!! My labour was awful, I didn't make any of it sound more than it was as it was just plain awful lol...
So who out there thinks my SIL is right and that labour wasn't as awful as you thought it would be and who would, like me, like to slap her and tell her she is talking a load of bollocks lol xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 am

easy lol!!

min was painful (well the pushing wasnt too bad.. but the contractions omg... Shocked)

the rest i didnt feel as i had a spinal block as they said they might have to cut her out!

but how is it easy? i never worked soo hard to try n get that child out! and i didnt manage to do it! x
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:46 am

bollocks

i had 20 hours of torture, im sure some people do have easy ones though, i was just very unlucky.
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 am

Easy! My stretched out scarred ass it's easy! Perhaps she has the grand canyon of foofs! Sorry..giving birth is painful and yes you get through it..but I have never heard anyone calling it easy!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:01 am

id say leo's was easier but by no means easy Shocked 1.5 hours of pushing was the most worn out iv ever been

i went through 28 hours of hell with oliver and at the time was actually begging my mum to let me die Embarassed if you call that easy id hate to see hard affraid
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 am

come to think about it, my friend said her second was easy...but i think what she means is easy compared to some, hers was 1 hour start to finish

but to call people who have a hard time of it a drama queen Evil or Very Mad ...god forbid she ever experiences a hard labour

oh and its called labour for a reason biatch, just cos you had it 'easy' doesnt make the majority of us drama queens Mad mini rant to your friend there Razz Laughing x
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

Sorry to disagree with you all but for me it actually wasn't that bad. With MJ it was 2 hours 35 from waters breaking to delivering the placenta (a natural birth) I went from 4 cms to 10 in 5 mins!! And with Drew I went from being 8cms to delivering the baby in 22 mins (from waters breaking to delivery baby was 6 hours 22 mins as I had artificial rupture of membranes as I had to be induced at 38+5) but most of getting from 4 cms to 8 was spent asleep Laughing .

My mum had easy labours and said it must be in the genes as my nan said people who call labours hard are pansies Shocked

I think it is different for everyone. My evil sister went through 3 days of hell though but that's karma for you Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

It is really odd that my nan was the 1st born and had really easy labours, my mum was the 1st born and had easy labours but my aunt went through hell and I was the first born and has easy labours but my younger sister went through hell (the other sisters are 11 and 12 so still too young) could be co-incidence...

I feel so sorry for people who have it tough as I wish they could have "easy" ones like me and people who have it tough ARE NOT drama queens (as I said Karma bit my sis after she called her friend a drama queen for screaming through labour and being a flake!!!)

Last edited by Mummy2aMiracle on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 am

Yeah a week of slow labour is easy, silly cow she probably does have a huge hole! x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 am

Easy i wish it was x
It so painful xx
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:25 am

LOL yeah she must have a huge foof!! She was saying that I was a drama queen too, but that was before she saw me come out of theatre after my section on drips and could hardly talk or move or anything, she looked a bit shocked at that. But when she had my nephew she said she didn't know what all the fuss was about!! xx
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 am

If I recollect properly..labor is painful. Some have easier labors than others..I am one of those people..but would never call someone a wimp or a pussy. During the throws of it..from about 6cm to full efface it's nasty grit thru it pain! Pushing feels good..but it's that period of time when they tell you to not push..and pant through the contractions that come on faster..and harder..you sorta go into a semi conscious state from the pain..body is covered in sweat..thighs burning..feels like your lower back is being ripped apart..you try to focus on something/someone to take your mind off the next crashing wave of pain...only to get a few seconds of reprieve until you are hit again. The only thing that makes it bearable is you get the best reward out of it..as soon as they put that little naked bubba on your chest..you feel their skin on yours...it's all washed away. That's the beauty of it. Remember everyone's pain threshold is different from someone else's!! xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 am

i would say mine was much easier than i expected, but not particularly what you would call fun...or enjoyable....umm or easy Laughing

but i also know i had a really straightforward time of it Smile
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 am

jen-pushing feels good??? Shocked come to think of it yeah it did with leo, it really eased the pain but with oliver, i though i could never feel any kid of pain any worse than the labour...untill the pushing came, i quite honestley thought my pubic bone was going to be ripped from my body affraid (i had shoulder distocia though so was probibly why) x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 am

I said earlier in a different thread I had easy labours but that's doesn't mean I agree with your friend. I think for me I expected much worse an was pleasantly surprised, I certainly am under no illusion that people do have hard labours and really suffer.
I think your friends just insensitive!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 am

I would say I had an easy labour but NOT that it was easy... if that makes sense..

It was bloody hard and scary and painful but I did have an easy time of it. Nowhere near as bad as I expected. I was induced at 8 in the morning, no pain until 1pm when they broke my waters and then had Tyler 2 hours later. Those 2 hours were painful but by no means what I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 am

Quote :
jen-pushing feels good??? Shocked
i think it did in a sense - that a) it was closer to being over and b) i had been told not to for nearly an hour haha so it was a relief!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 am

I keep telling my friends it's not that bad, maybe cos I did have an easyish labour and birth and it was no way near as bad as I thought it was going to be!
But I did push an almost 10lber out with only gas and air! Laughing

Everything after that was horrendous though, so I'd say the labour/birth was easy compared to that!!!
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 am

After the birth was the worst for me Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 am

i didnt think the pushing hurt, mind you i couldnt get her head out so maybe thats why!
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:50 am

Mmmmmm well ok. Labour was painful but cope able end i have to say all 4 of mine were easy!
And whilst i wont apologize or feel guilty for saying it i totally dont think other people are drama queens and do sympathise with those who have had difficult long labours.

Personally the total of my 4 labours together have been 7 1/2 hours and were pain relief free apart from gas and air with 2.

I guess i have just been lucky to have easy labours.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 am

I wouldn't wish my birth experience on anyone but your SIL is definitely in need of it to remind her to keep her gob shut or risk getting smacked in it.

My experience with Wil wasn't hard it was life threatening so hardly easy. 100 years ago I would have died in childbirth and so would Wil.
Back to top Go down
Tarn

Tarn

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 am

I feel fortunate, lucky, call it whatever that I had a great labour/birth.

Great in the sense that I expected it to be much much longer (3 hours from waters breaking to my son arriving).

Great in the sense that I didn't require any pain relief (though that wasn't really through choice, everything happened so fast that in fact I had no choice. Throwing up a couple times didn't help as midwife didn't recommend me having even gas n air)

Great in the sense that my son came naturally and no forceps or ventouse (sp) were required.

Great in the sense that I didn't require any stitches and recovery was very straightforward and quick.

That's not to say that I thought it was easy and not extremely painful. I was screaming for an epidural at one stage.

But compared to many of my friends, they had it so much harder and for some it was quite traumatic. I feel for anyone who goes through that sort of labour.

So yes my labour was easy compared to many many others but at the time that was the furtherest thing from my mind.

Yes there are drama queens out there but that has nothing to do with the sort of labour a women goes through, that is just purely down to the type of person you are.

Right, time for OBEM.

xTx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 am

yeah i would agree with afterwards being worse - sleep deprivation+sore foof+being afraid to pee+sore boobs = misery!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

just to pick up on something gill said...some of the labours people go through now adays wouldnt have survuved years ago, me and my sister certainley wouldnt be here and leo wouldnt be here, my gran also lost a baby due to a difficult birth(similar to leo's birth)...drama queen i think not!!! x
Back to top Go down
Tarn

Tarn

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 am

I think because I had such a great experience I was on cloud 9 for a while after. Because of that and I didn't realise at the time but at some point on cloud 9 you had to come down and my fall was great.

Looking after a newborn was 100 times harder than my birth experience. In fact, I'd love to be pregnant and go through birth again, I'm just scared about being a mummy to a newborn again.

This could be a novel and I've slightly gone away from the main topic so I'll stop there Smile

xTx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

"Child birth is easy!" _
PostSubject: Re: "Child birth is easy!"   "Child birth is easy!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Child birth is easy!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
"Child birth is easy!" Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words