Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Examination during labour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Examination during labour _
PostSubject: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 am

Ok I've seen on th telly when women are examined during labour or early labour they are in pain when it's done. Some even have gas and air during this.

Now I don't understand it don't hurt. Or does it for some. But gas and air,?!

Sorry if i offend anyone
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 am

im interested in this as i was never examined due to the fact my waters went in the corridore on my way in and her head followed so there was no time.. i really didnt get to make the most of all the labour luxeries lol x

I have wondered this since one born and i always hough thank christ i didnt need that if its that uncomfortable
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 am

i found it uncomfortable(hurt a little) but not enough for gas and air? maybe it does hurt some?? x
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 am

I agree with you Gemz, uncomfortable but not enough for the old gas and air.
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 am

I was examined by quite a few MW's, only 1 of them hurt. It was really friggin painful to the point that I was nearly crying. I started bleeding after so gawd knows what she had done. She was only tiny and literally disappeared up to her elbow.....if I ever see her again........
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 am

I was given gas and air before I was examined. I didn't ask for it though, I think it was just to calm me down more than anything x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 am

When I was examined it really hurt and she warned me it would as I had spd and when she did it she made me have a contraction so maybe thats what hurts other women xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 am

ummm i dont actually remember being examined so it cant have hurt that much!

my sweep was VERY effing sore though, i seriously thought that lady was in up to her shoulder Embarassed but the pain went away very quickly too, so not worth bothering with anything (although if i had one again i would take paracetamol beforehand).

i would say that much to my surprise and having been very much in labour at the time having a catheter was unbelievably painful though - i would like g+a for that if i had it done again!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:21 am

i had a few examinations , and a couple were sore but i reckon some have bigger hands and less gentle then there is also the contraction think , nothing worse than someone hand being stuck up your floof mid contraction , oucha bugger Sad
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 am

It didnt hurt at all when I was examined in labour.

The first time I was in agony anyway, so a finger, hand, fist or an arm wouldnt have made much difference.

I was fine with Lily though (even before the epi) x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am

I think sometimes if the cervix isn't opening properly..the doc will stick his/her finger into it and feel. It hurts a bit. xxx
Back to top Go down
donzy&harry

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 am

It felt like the mw was ripping my tonsils out! It was agony, she said it was coz she was bringing my cervix down as it was tilted, i could have punched her!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
ummm i dont actually remember being examined so it cant have hurt that much!

my sweep was VERY effing sore though, i seriously thought that lady was in up to her shoulder Embarassed but the pain went away very quickly too, so not worth bothering with anything (although if i had one again i would take paracetamol beforehand).

i would say that much to my surprise and having been very much in labour at the time having a catheter was unbelievably painful though - i would like g+a for that if i had it done again!!!

Examination during labour 267219 all of it!

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

I was induced and I can remember being examined on the 2nd morning after having pessary and omg Shocked . I was crying and shouting no/stop like a big kid. Was mortifying because I was in ante-natal room with only a curtain seperating me from 3 other woman and their partners!

I think its because I was contracting constantly, though stuck at 2cm. Was horrible, def worse than sweep! You havent offended me but I can 100% understand how if G&A was available at that point I would have taken it! x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:21 am

I was absolutely dreading being examined as when I had a sweep it hurt like hell. I think I nearly climbed the wall. Subsequent examinations were completely fine apart from when 2 doctors came to examine me after an hours pushing. OMFG that was the most painful bit of it all. It felt like they had sandpaper gloves on and then doused me with vinegar.
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 pm

you can ask in birth plan not to be examined too much,

and after reading this thread i think i might put it in lol
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:01 pm

i never felt a thing in all the ones ive had! maybe that confirms i have a bucket Examination during labour 633833
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:21 pm

LOL! I felt it..when Maky's got stuck..so doc stuck his whole hand in there to try to lift the rim of cervix that her head couldn't get past. IT HURT! He tried for awhile..that didn't work so he asked me to get on all fours..NO EFFING WAY..we eventually settled for me to flip to my side back and forth..it worked and she came moments later after some hard pushing...but I certainly do remember him with his hand up my waazoo! Laughing
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:25 pm

LOL Jen! I had to have the doc manually turn ethan too in labour as he decided he wanted to swiver round as i was pushing and that wasnt too painful either, although im blaming that on the gas and air! x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Katie..that just tells me your a tough bird! You are talking to a lady who cries when she gets a paper cut! Laughing
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

im just a big bird x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

With lillie she examined me at home when I thought my waters had gone, but she couldnt find my cervix... all I can say OMFG that was worse than labour anyday I would have had gas and air I think if we were in hospital, climbing the walls as she had a good rumage around I swear a whole hand went up there! affraid

up once in hospital in labour they offered it to me, but I said no as I though christ if I cant stick a few fingers (sorry being crude) how the hell am I going o have a baby. and it wasnt that bad at all, and same with hollie mind I was in full blown labour and had her with 30mins after 1st examination so I didnt feel a thing really. (doesnt say much about me hey Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

was uncomfortable not really painful xxx Smile
Back to top Go down
Jolene

Jolene

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I remember it hurting with Oscar, especially when a Dr did it, he was really rough and it killed, I had gas and air, but with Niamh I only had 1 and it was ok, clearly I was a bit loose after Oscar pmsl!
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:43 pm

I had 5 examinations and didn't even get up to 10cms(I only managed to get up to 4 before they whipped Chloe out). Out of the 5 only one hurt.....I had the consultant break my waters and put a trace on Chloe's head...and apparantly getting a trace clipped onto a babies head through a 1cm gap is not easy...I asked if I would need gas and air for that and they strongly advised it...owchie Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Examination during labour   Examination during labour Empty

Back to top Go down

Examination during labour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Examination during labour Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Examination during labour Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Examination during labour Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Examination during labour Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Examination during labour Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Examination during labour Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Examination during labour Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Examination during labour Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Examination during labour Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Examination during labour Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Examination during labour Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Examination during labour Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Examination during labour Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Examination during labour Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Examination during labour Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words