Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Is there a right way to grieve?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Is there a right way to grieve????? _
PostSubject: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 am

Ok i'm beginning to feel like i'm going about this all wrong. I've been speaking to a few people who were close to Laura and they are all in the gloomy depressed grieveing thing and i can't do that.

I had 4 days of bad crying and blubbering and hiding away. Over the past 2 days i've been feeling a little brighter and even went out to the shops after my scan today. I think i'm beginning to accept that she's gone and i want to remember how i seen her best. My mischievious, mental, a bit batty and very entertaining friend.

My grieveing is about remembering and celebrating her. I refuse to get bogged down in the how and where she died. I want to memorise every minute we spent together that was happy and how much of a laugh we had and the places we went. I don't want to remember her in the house alone and dead (sorry if that offends anyone). I want my best friend to live in my memory how i knew her best.

Am i wrong? Why do i feel like i people think i'm doing it wrong or that i didn't care as much as they did. I know everyones got a different way of dealing with things but Laura was an amazing woman and i want to remember her that way.

Please tell me i'm going about this the right way. I've never lost anyone before and have never had to deal with this amount of grief.

Dee
x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 am

aww hun, your doing well aye. your remembering her for the right reasons and being happy for the life she did have. she wouldnt of wanted you all upset and sad for weeks would she now? Smile xx
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:27 am

There is no right way, you're dealing with it your way.. which is good you're remembering the best of Laura Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:27 am

No she woulda slapped me silly and told me to buck up and get on with it. I just want to make this as positive as i can x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 am

I really don't think there is a right way to grieve hun. Everyone is different and deals with things differently. When my Nanna died me, my sis, dad, uncle &grandad all sat around and cried but also laughed loads about all the good times we'd had. And it's been like that since, sometimes cry, sometimes laugh. I know my Nanna wouldn't want me to cry so I try to just think of the good times. I'm sure Laura would feel the same.
Big hugs hun, you're dealing with it fine, you shouldn't feel wrong at all. xxx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 am

I agree with everyone else hun there isn't a right way it's just however you deal with it. I think it's good to think of the positive things and celebrate her rather than talk about the whys and what ifs, they don't do anyone any good.
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 am

i did love her, sooooooooooo much. I'm not a doom and gloom person. I'm a very strong lady and don't like to dwell on the bad for too long. I just want to see her how she was. She wouldn't want me mopin about she'd kick my arse x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 am

Dee you know better than any of us that she would have definatly kicked your ass for moping, you've done your crying for now, it will come back again, probably when you least expect it tbh but how ever you feel best is the right way to grieve.
For someone of Lauras age I really believe I celebration of life is the way to go. A friend of mine passed last year and his wake was a riot, not sure it really should have been but everyone celebrated what he did and who he was. No dwelling on what might have been.

Hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:21 am

Hun

There is no right or wrong way to grieve, everyone deals with grief in their own way and in their own time. I think Laura would be happy that you aren't moping about how and where she died, she would want you to remember the good times you had together and take comfort in them. Just because you aren't sad or depressed all the time doesn't mean you loved her or miss her anything less than anyone else who has lost her.

Grieve in your own time and in the way that is best for you, Laura was an independent spirit so she would want you to deal with her loss in whatever way you think is best.

Thinking of you xxx
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 am

everyone has there own way they deal with loss and grieve, i think your doing everything right for you and thats what matters, laura would be proud to see you now xxxxxx big hugs darling xxxxx
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 am

hi dee hope you are ok i agree with everyone there is no right or wrong way you seem to be doing great and remembering her that way is the best in my opinion xx Smile
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am

thank you everyone. I just seem to have been forgotten by everyone close to her. It's like i was never her friend. The only person who tells me things is her neighbour lynn who i only met a handful of times. Fergie won't even reply to my textxs.

I have dreamt about her. She told me that she couldn't come back properly but wanted to tell me summit. That was bout 3 nights ago. I talk out loud to her and ask her what she wants to watch on tv with me. We liked the same programmes. It makes me feel better. I haven't felt her but i'm sure when she's ready she'll give me a clue.

X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is there a right way to grieve?????   Is there a right way to grieve????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a right way to grieve?????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Is there a right way to grieve????? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words