Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Pushchair advice/recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Pushchair advice/recommendations _
PostSubject: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 am

So we're looking at getting a new pushchair for baby. I love my zia but we bought it when Immi was 6months as my other travel system broke and although it's suitable from newborn, it's only in the lie flat looking forward position. I think I would prefer a travel system as I used the car seat on the pushchair so much with Immi and it's much better being able to see newborns rather than them facing away. Also i'd quite like to keep the zia for Immi for when we go out all day the four of us, i can push one and Matt the other. Does this make sense or would you just have baby in the zia and Immi walking?

If i do get a new pushchair, i need advice about what to get. I like the zia 4, comes with car seat and cacoon thingy for baby to lay flat but it's fairly pricey and hard to come by at a decent price second hand.
I've now been looking at the Mamas &papas pliko. I've found one on ebay that includes all the accessories, car seat &base for £100. Does anyone have one, do they love it/hate it? I like the fact it comes with car seat &base as although i have a graco car seat &base it's second hand and a bit knackered so would much prefer a newer (and lighter!) one.

What pushchair/travel systems do you have/recommend? Any advice/recommendations welcome Smile x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 am

i have this one for paige

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Trenton-Deluxe-Pushchair-Travel/dp/B004H26RVI?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=598244031&sr=1-1&qid=1300823746&pf_rd_r=0TZMX15H1X86ATFX96WZ&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=598244031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

and i love it! we are keeping it for when paige is happy walking every where
it is huge, its like a tank but lovely to push about.
it lays flat n turns into a pram which faces you. the car seat fits on to it.
n it loosk really comfy as a sush chair. has a weather cover and allof the cosey toes, or pram, car seat and push chair.
it has loads of plafes for you to put stuff in like money and phone. mine had a clock and temp thing which is pretty kool. umm what else? on it has a huge shopping basket! loce it love it love it!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

Prams that I have been looking at (lol Laughing )

The Graco Sterling travel system - just cos its got a HUGE shopping basket Laughing
Its a full travel system and in the old Babies r us catalogue they had the base included in the price , but seems they don't now Sad
Pushchair advice/recommendations 8610723558818416
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Travel-Systems-and-Pushchairs/Travel-systems/Sterling-Travel-System-Ivory-Black(0084306)

Also if you like the Petite Star range I love love love the Kurvi (did I mention I love this one?!)
Pushchair advice/recommendations Prod_000000_kurvim~1%20(1)
http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/19/14069/petite-star-kurvi-4-match-plus-travel-system---purple-berry/

The Kurvi is rear and forward facing and the actual seat itself also turns into a carry cot too Very Happy
It does show a car seat but its not included within the price. Also if you google 'reworked petite stars' you can get a right bargain Wink
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 am

have a look at susans post - i am going on about how much i love my m+p sola Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 am

Aww, look at all these Kurvi's!! They are so nice Very Happy
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%EF%BF%BD&fh_search=kurvi&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2fbrus%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{brus_brus}%2fitemtype%3dproduct&omitxmldecl=yes
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 am

Hmmm, do you need to worry about the size? (like us Laughing )

If not I've seen some really reasonable prams/travel systems on Ebay for around £125 - £150 ish (brand new)

You could always get a buggy board or something similar for Immi? We thought about getting one for Libby but we're going to see how she gets on walking everywhere for now.

xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 am

thanks ladies. Becci, i like the look of that but doubt it would fit in my car, we have a corsa.

oohh I hadn't seen the kurvi's Zee. They look nice. Altho wonder how wide they are, i hate going shopping with a wide big wheeled pushchair (can you tell im kinda picky?!) going to search reworked petite stars though.

Yup Susan we gota think about size. We've only got a corsa atm. and tbh I much prefer compact pushchairs anyways as i hate when they're a hassle to fold and pick up.

I love the sola's Mari but can't find many second hand &i can't afford new Sad

Last edited by ShellandImmi on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 am

Quote :
hmmmm looks like someones already done a bit of extensive pram window shopping Laughing!
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 am

I had an icandy cherry with Andrew and it was amazing! The seat unit or carrycot clips off leaving just the chasis to fold down which folded down into a square shape. It was a brilliant travel system!

I now have a phil and teds but not sure if you are wanting a double?

Ooh Zee I like the look of that kurvi!!

My friend has a pliko and tbh it isnt my cup of tea but it has lasted really well for the last 2 years!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 am

Quote :
The seat unit or carrycot clips off leaving just the chasis to fold down which folded down into a square shape
the sola does that too, it's great. thats a shame michelle have you had a look at gumtree?
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 am

Yeah just looked on gumtree and nothing really. I think cause it's still a fairly newish pushchair even second hand they go for about £200. I only want to spend £100 really. Maybe i'm just being tight though.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 am

hmm maybe 100 is a bit low. you can have mine in 11 years when i have finished having babies Laughing if you can hold that little one in til then...
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
Quote :
hmmmm looks like someones already done a bit of extensive pram window shopping Laughing!
Hehe...Me?! well maybe a little Shhhsss

Wriggler wrote:

My friend has a pliko and tbh it isnt my cup of tea but it has lasted really well for the last 2 years!

Forgot to add, my friends got the Pliko too and yer its an ok'ish pram, but not to my taste. Its really clumsy and bulky.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 am

pliko is very heavy i have been told.

cant help much otherwise cos i am still looking for a new one after not getting on with the phil and teds i have.

Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 am

That's what i was worried about the pliko, being a bit bulky. I think i'm just so used to my zia that anything is going to be bulky though.
Why is this pushchair thing so difficult!
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 am

Hmm just a thought, if you like your zia could you maybe think about a quinny zap? I think you can put a maxi cosi on there to make newborn baby face you and it is a similar size to the zia i think isnt it? I think the new zap is form birth too!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 am

I've looked at the new zapp but it's so pricey, much like the zia 4 that i really want. and as they are so pricey new, they tend to go for quite bit second hand too. I might just have to persuade Matt to let me spend a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 am

If the new one is a bit too expensive what about the old one with a maxi cosi cabrio fix on it for newborn mode? Or would you need to get that too ? That would obviously bump the price up then wouldnt it... hmmm

Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:00 am

Wriggler wrote:
If the new one is a bit too expensive what about the old one with a maxi cosi cabrio fix on it for newborn mode? Or would you need to get that too ? That would obviously bump the price up then wouldnt it... hmmm

worth looking into, but as i'd have to get the maxi cosi carseat too it might end up still pricey. my heads going crazy thinking about all these pushchairs now!
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 am

Bugger just sold my obaby zezu for £100 with car seat etc!! It was lovely and would defiantly recommend it but I got bored! Have now got a m&p skate which is fab! Although still looking at the quinny buzz!

Xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 am

ooh i have a zap frame and a maxi cosi carseat, can pick them both up for about £80 and then look for something as LO gets older, TBH thats what i am using with reigns (sp) until i decide what to get properly
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 am

JoAandGirls wrote:
ooh i have a zap frame and a maxi cosi carseat, can pick them both up for about £80 and then look for something as LO gets older, TBH thats what i am using with reigns (sp) until i decide what to get properly

Oh I'll deff look into that then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Pushchair advice/recommendations   Pushchair advice/recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Pushchair advice/recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Pushchair advice/recommendations Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words