Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Quick btl question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am

Caitlin has been off btls for 3 weeks now and doesnt ask for one. Atm she isnt taking any milk though - even cow cup didnt work (think it because her special formula is rank though and its ok in btl as comforting!)

Tonight she has cold/cough and has refused tea. Wouldnt eat one bite. Would you give her a btl to fill her up, see her through night or is that taking a backwards step? Why do I know if it was someone else's LO id be giving advice but I cant make up my mind for my own child Rolling Eyes She has drank loads of water/juice today so im not worried about fluids. x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:44 am

Personally if it was me id let callum have a bottle of milk if he hadent eaten anything and wanted the milk. Im not saying thats the right thing to do but i would xx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 am

I would do the same x
Back to top Go down
Jolene

Jolene

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 am

Have you tried adding Strawberry Nesquik to the formula milk? The only way we could get Niamh to take it was by adding flavoring (this was advised by the dietition, under advice to brush her teeth after!) It might help her get some down her in the cup rather than resorting to a bottle again.

I need to pm you, your a few months ahead of the game than me with this milk allergy thing, is caitlin just allergic to milk or is she allergic to soya as well?

x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:19 am

I would give a bottle too

char
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:24 am

I'd give her a bottle too, I'll continue giving ellie a bottle for as long as she wants one. She just gets so much comfort from it (like me and my wine) Smile x
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:29 am

Yeah id give it too. Alfie was clamming for his bottle tonight and i think it was cos he got his tea early. x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 am

i too would give her a bottle hun but tomorrow if she still wont eat then maybe make sure she has 2 fromage fraise as thats the equivilent of 9oz of milk hun just a thought x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks everyone, thats prob what I would have said to others lol. My mum is a pain in the arse though going on that she is far too old for one... but then if she aint getting ANY milk and her diet is still quite low in dairy I do worry.

In the end reheated her tea and she ate a small piece of bread and half a sausage in front of tv Rolling Eyes Didnt give bottle but if she isnt settled in half an hr im gona go in and give her one.

Jolene honestly pm me anytime! Im happy to answer any questions. Caitlin isnt allergic to soya no, but it was something we introduced slowly as knew they can sometimes be linked. Egg I havent really properly introduced yet either. Thats a great idea about adding flavour! For some reason id read about others doing that with fussy toddlers but didnt click it could be added to formula and not just cows milk! Thanks! x

Suzi - thanks, I need to start giving more yoghurts, she loves the animal frubes so may just encourage her to have cpl those throughout the day tomorrow. x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:47 am

Ignore your mum hun. My niece was 2 and a half before she decided to give up her bottle.
Back to top Go down
Jolene

Jolene

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:55 am

Ah in that case then she will be ok with any flavour, chocolate and banana have soya in, which Niamh is also allergic too, which is a pain because if it's not got milk in it'll have soya in Rolling Eyes I will definately pm you, your the only person I know that has a baby with CMPA, i feel very alone about it sometimes Crying or Very sad

I don't blame them for not wanting to drink the formula tho, it is beyond foul, I made the mistake of making fish pie with Neocate white sauce Quick btl question  128142

And dont worry about the bottle, Oscar still has his at bed time it helps settle him so I'm in no rush to take it away, and with the calcuim issues she needs that formula xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 am

I would give one too.

snoopy21 wrote:
My mum is a pain in the arse though going on that she is far too old for one
Shocked Thomas still has a bottle morning and night and no sign of giving it up. Like Penny said - I will continue to give him it as long as he wants it. It's a little bit of comfort, he drains it in seconds and he brushes his teeth after both bottles so I don't have a problem with it.

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 am

Hey dont feel alone Jolene! Wriggler's Andrew is older than Caitlin and he has it too. She's been able to give me some advice before and im sure you could pm her too.
It must be a million times harder with soya allergy. I relied so much on soya products from 6mths until recently.

If you had told me when Caitlin was 11months that by 20 months she would be eating pizza & petis filous for lunch or sharing a packet of choc buttons with her cousins I would never have believed you. I think the worst thing about CMPA is the fear in the parents. I was neurotic when weaning her. It is hard but as you know most kids DO grow out of it. PM me the background info and i'l write you an essay back lol xxx

Debs - I know my mum is a pass remarkable biddy at times - if it was MIL id be going daft lol. She listens so much to advice and think she is swayed because she BF me for 6 months and then I went straight to cows milk in a cup so she has NO experience of btls except making Caitlins.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 am

Id ignore your mum. C still has milk in a bottle morning and evening and im in no rush to take her off bottles cos then she wont drink milk at all, ive tried cups again and again and shes having non of it and id rather she got the milk

Also id let her have a bottle, aside from a few crisps its all c has had today (though shes had loads of juice)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Quick btl question  _
PostSubject: Re: Quick btl question    Quick btl question  Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick btl question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Quick btl question  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Quick btl question  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Quick btl question  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Quick btl question  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Quick btl question  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Quick btl question  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Quick btl question  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Quick btl question  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quick btl question  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quick btl question  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Quick btl question  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Quick btl question  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Quick btl question  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Quick btl question  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Quick btl question  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words