Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Should I have a word with them...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Should I have a word with them... _
PostSubject: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 am

Harry's nursery have been pissing me off a bit the past couple of weeks. He only goes once a week so I know it shouldn't get to me as much but it does. We are supposed to fill in a daily diary about any changes to his mood/routine etc and they fill it in about how his day has gone, what naps he's had and how much of his lunch/tea he ate... They keep filling it in wrong or not at all!! Last week I opened it to find that Dylan had eaten most of his tea not Harry!! So who got a report about Harry I don't know Rolling Eyes And last night I asked if the diary was in his bag and they said yes and it wasn't but I didn't find out til I got home...

Another thing that pissed me off yesterday was when I went to pick him up his key worker told me he was in the garden playing with the other children so I went to go get him... He was stood there with a sleeveless vest on and jeans and that was it, no top, no coat, nothing else. I packed extra clothes in his bag in case he gets messy but they hadn't even bothered to look for it just stuffed the t shirt he was wearing into his bag...

They also have a chart with the childrens pictures on it. One side says "I am at nursery today" the other side says "I am not at nursery today" Harry is always on the one that says I'm not at nursery, even every Thursday when he clearly is at nursery, which worries me as it's like they take no notice of him!!

Yesterday Harry came home poorly, I know he must have picked it up from us as we have been very ill this past week with a bug, but I could see when we picked him up he wasn't right and he burped and it stunk of eggs Should I have a word with them... 981624 They didn't mention this to me either, he didn't have it when he went to nursery!! I know its hard to keep up with all the children at times but it seems like he is being forgotten a lot because he doesn't go there full time...

Am I being unreasonable or should I talk to them?? Do any of you have useless childcare?? LOL xx
Back to top Go down
banarama

banarama

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:47 am

I don't use childcare so not a expert, but your nursery sounds rubbish Mad I wouldn't leave my babies anywhere if I wasn't completely convinced they were being looked after properly - maybe you could visit some other local ones?
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:51 am

It's the only one near us (well its not even near us but close enough) that has any spaces and is quite reasonably priced... he is going to the nursery next door when he is two but they won't take him before hes two!! I'm actually thinking of asking my SIL if she can take him to her nursery as she takes her son to work with her shes offered to take Harry too... xx
Back to top Go down
banarama

banarama

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:52 am

That's a really good idea
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 am

mmm I can understand them having lots of kids so it being hard to keep up with them all but they are providing a service which you are paying for, you should be completely satisfied with what you get and your clearly not. If they can't cope and keep up with what kids do what and what book they're meant ot be writing in then they are understaffed imo.

I would mention it to them and say your not happy blah blah. If it doesn't improve then move him to go to nursery with your SIL x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 am

That is really wrong. I'd complain to the manager and try to find him a place somewhere else. Have you talked to any other mums, see if they had problems, maybe ofsted need to visit. I worked in a nursery for a bit and the toddlers / babies that were only there for one day got the same attention as the others, they deff aren't looking after him to the standard they should be
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 am

You definitely need to say something hun. I've had some issues with Abbies nursery..nothing major, but some things like you have experienced. For example I pay to be able to drop off at 8am until 6pm....and the nursery was never ready for 8am and I used to have to get her chair ready for breakfast, get her bib on etc and then wait for someone to basically take over.

I had a chat with the manager and listed all my issues. I was thanked for bringing it to their attention and apologised to. Since then I have seen some massive changes and improvements. Now some staff start at 7.50 and not 8am (this should have been the case before) so they are ready to accept the children at 8am.

it's a service you are paying for and they are looking after your most prized possession so you need to make sure you are happy xx

xx
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:52 am

Well my SILs offer to take him to her nursery no longer stands, that girl changes her mind like the weather!! I can't get him there as it isn't on the bus route, too far out of York too!! So we're at looking at some in the town centre Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:56 am

oooooooh just have another baby and stay at home til he's at least 2...thats my answer to everything just now Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:24 am

LOL I wish mari!!! xx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:39 am

hun i would say something when i worked in nursary we had to fill in a sheet about the day and it had to be done at the end of the activity, sleep, meal etc.

each nursary worker has certain children that are theirs for that day so for the form filling one person does a certain child / certain children.

for the not putting him in a top is just silly as in if it turned cold he would of picked up a cold/ chest infection or worse case scenario is pnemonia

as for not putting his name down that he is in what would they do if there was a fire!! I would report it to someone higher than the nursary for example ofsted i only say this as there was a girl in a nursary i worked in that would say she had changed all the nappies, say they were all wet no dirty ones but wasnt actually changing the babies/toddlers as it took far too long x

good luck hun x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:00 am

Oh Suzi thats another thing, when he comes home from nursery his bum is soooo sore I always send him with sudocrem, and they claim they use it, and he gets into a right state about getting his nappy changed hes inconsolable, but hes not normally like that Sad
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 am

i would def say something to them hun at the end of the day you are paying these people to look after harry so that is what they should be doing xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:27 am

I would say something. I would also look at the other nurseries too.

It's not good enough xx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 am

hu, the fact they gave you another childs sheet is i breach of data protectio.

the fact he is not properly dressed for the weather, is a child protetion matter, including the sore bottom.

i'd have a word, my sil is coming tomorrow she is a trained nursery manager and i know that she would be going ape at this practice.

the fact that they dont sign him in, is health and safety.

i'd look elsewhere, i've had experience of crap nurseries and its so disheartening for a working mom.

hope you find something else soon xx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:46 am

SemoandHaribo wrote:
Oh Suzi thats another thing, when he comes home from nursery his bum is soooo sore I always send him with sudocrem, and they claim they use it, and he gets into a right state about getting his nappy changed hes inconsolable, but hes not normally like that Sad

make a diry and keep the wrong notes then contact the ofsted people hun that really is unfair if you can hide his bits and take a photo of the soreness

this definatly needs reporting hun
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:59 am

I've just looked at the ofsted report for the nursery and its outstanding, thats from 2009. I just wish I could get a chance to speak to the toddler room leader Gemma she is so lovely and Harry loves her, he has big smiles when he goes to nursery and whinges a little when I pick him up to take him home but I can tell hes missed me. But I don't always see Gemma, its frustrating cos she does everything right, its just some of the girls there aren't! I think a letter is in order lol, sorry to keep ranting on ladies you have been great!! xx Should I have a word with them... 270211
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:06 am

You really need to have a word with the manager, those standards are simply not acceptable. If the manager is anything less than mortified then that is your cue to find another solution.

Imogen goes to nursery full time but I would expect the more part-time a child goes, the more attention they need to help them feel comfortable?

Xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 am

How about finding a childminder instead of a nursery?

Wil adores his childminder and he gets to go out and about everyday - soft play, library, into town, various parks, feed the ducks, pets at home to see the animals. He has made some really good friends too.

A childminder only has a maximum of 3 under 5s so Harry would be guaranteed a decent amount of attention.

(BTW I pay my childminder £3.50 an hour)
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:26 am

Thank you gil I've been looking in to that as I think a childminder would be better for Harry, gonna look around for some but don't really know where to start! xx
Back to top Go down
rach&paige

rach&paige

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:03 am

Goodness what an awful experience you have had with nursery! I would demand a talk with the manager asap, if you arent satisfied with what is said def look for somewhere else! And also report to OFSTED as there could be more parents unhappy or even worse unaware of the bad practice which is happening Sad Hope things are sorted soon x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:16 am

Em - there used to be a search facility on direct.gov.uk but it closed at the end of March and now it says to contact your local authority for a list of childcare providers.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am

SemoandHaribo wrote:
I've just looked at the ofsted report for the nursery and its outstanding, thats from 2009.

this is why i hate ofsted.. i've worked at a nursery and school which had outstanding &good ofsted reports but they rarely followed correct procedure. I used to find myself getting realy pissed off. Ofsted go to a nursery for one or two days most, and staff easily put on a show. The nursery i worked at had the ofsted while i was there and you wouldn't believe the difference in staff behaviour and attitude towards the kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a word with them...   Should I have a word with them... Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I have a word with them...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Should I have a word with them... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words