Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

How many baths?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Just wondering how many baths a week you give your toddlers?

I gave my two baths every night until they were in a decent night time routine (much longer for Thomas than Hannah Rolling Eyes) then reduced it to every other night. With the lighter nights we have been doing more family stuff of an evening when OH gets home so sometimes we don't have time for bath time and it might be once in 3 days (unless they are particulary minging Suspect). I just give them a good wash all over as they get ready for bed other nights.

I know some people insist on baths/shower everyday - how many baths do you give yours a week?

xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Tays always had one every night Smile I can imagine with two though it being quite hard work!
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:44 pm

2-3 times a week. I dont believe in bathing them too much as it strips their skin of oils. If Cerys has had a fight with her dinner then obviously she would have an extra bath. She usually goes in with Karl xx
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Milo is the same as your two, I think he has a bath every other day so probably 3/4 times a week, and he always smells lovely! Laughing They get all the important places cleaned when you change their nappies anyway, so i think unless they've got really sweaty or mucky there's no need to bath them every day (unless they love it of course!)
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:51 pm

MiniMeg wrote:
2-3 times a week. I dont believe in bathing them too much as it strips their skin of oils. If Cerys has had a fight with her dinner then obviously she would have an extra bath. She usually goes in with Karl xx

snap i do exactly the same and depends if Jaiden has paint sand or whatever in his hair from a hard day at school Smile
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Libby and Dexter both have one on tuesday, thursday and sunday - unless really dirty. We did this mainly for when I was working, didnt get home til 515 and Libby goes to bed at 630, so after dinner we didnt have alot of time together xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:54 am

Its was every other day but his getting so dirty these days its about 5 times a week lol. I prefer to shower or bath him as its easier than a sink wash lol
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 am

Every single night without fail, i couldnt go without a bath everyday and imagine they might feel same? lol x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:07 am

Aim for twice a week but id be lying if I didnt admit there are some weeks its only once Embarassed

Caitlin gets quite bad excema so I dont like to do it too often. If she is minging after dinner she would get a quick shower down & hairwash but its literally in and out in 5 min and that may only be once a week too (so thats 1 shower and 1 bath some weeks).

I should prob do it more often but with her skin I never got into the doing a bath every night routine to start with.

Mara I sometimes wonder if she would feel more comfortable having a bath every night - and then I remind myself that this is the child that will happily sit in poo and have a tantrum when you change her. Cleanliness doesnt seem to equal comfort in Caitlins eyes yet!

Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 am

As you know hun, I do it daily.

They tend to have showers more than baths though as they are quicker.

Aimee has really long hair and is always getting her food in it.

Im going to get a conveyor belt installed when we have the third!

x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 am

Amelia is generally every other day. She doesn't get that mucky as she's a bit of a princess when it comes to mess. She generally comes in the shower with me but I try to give her a good soak in the bath at least once a week. She has her baths/showers in the mornings
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:40 am

elijah has a bath or shower every day - for two reasons! the main one being every mealtime involves food in hair/nose/ears/up to elbows/sometimes feet so really by the end of the day he needs a good proper wash. also, its a part of his routine now and i dont want to be messing with that!

at the moment eli is not happy at all about baths and wont sit down/tries to dangerously climb out, so he is on showers with either one of us, but he gets a good wash and his hair washed/turned upside down to get in the bits (haha he likes this, and we don't actually dangle him Laughing)

so, not cos i think he's dirty - cos i KNOW he is Laughing haha especially now he is 'using' cutlery, he can get food into places he couldn't reach before, i found half a fish finger in his nappy today Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 am

Lol I know its off topic but how did he get a fish finger in his nappy?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 am

as soon as he can talk i will ask him - we get branflakes, ricecakes, toothbrushes in there.....i can't wait to find out Smile
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 am

every other day for us too

Alice used to be everyday but 2 is just too much lol
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:21 am

Ellie has a bath every night and if she's awake when I have my morning shower she gets in.

Ellie is an extremly mucky toddler!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 am

Totally random for us!

Some days Izzy will ASK for a bath in the day - so she gets one..so might end up bathing every day.
The usual is every other, but sometimes , like tonight she is due one but Dan has sodded off to his mums and not yet back..bed time was 8pm!

She doesn't get very dirty at all though, eats neatly ..although I do wash her bottom half in the shower at least once a day after poops..so she always clean bum and feet Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:01 am

Arwyn still gets bathed every night because, like Elijah, she usually has half her tea in her hair and anywhere else she's decided to shove it. plus she's a hot tattie so she's usually a bit sweaty and fluff/cat hair just sticks to her!
and she loves her bath so I wouldn't want to take it away from her!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 am

Every night! They love their baths lol x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 am

Totally random here too, sometimes can be every night sometimes can be once a week.
He does have showers a few times a week am/pm..I tend to shower on a morning..so sometimes he jumps in the shower after me.

I don't like him to bath/shower to often tbh, cos he too gets dry skin all down his back and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 am

about 2/3 a week, we are the same, its very hard to fit it in to our routine some nights if im at work, as oh walks in we have tea then its almost their bedtime and time for me to go to work... i do wash ditas hair a lot more then that tho cos she's a hobo. x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:34 am

monday-caelyn
tuesday-awen
wed-caelyn plus hair
thurs-awen plus hair
fri-caelyn
sat-night off!
sun-both plus both hair

once they can go in together ie when awens sitting will cut out tues n thurs or just go ad hoc but this works for us and if they are minging in between i wash face/neck/hands/bits and feet with a bowl n cloth to tide em over
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 pm

We aim for every other night, but some times its every night and some times twice a day
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

We aim for every other night, but some times its every night and some times twice a day
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Ava gets bathed every night, she's not always dirty but she associates it with her bedtime and she really enjoys it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

How many baths? _
PostSubject: Re: How many baths?   How many baths? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many baths?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
How many baths? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
How many baths? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
How many baths? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
How many baths? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
How many baths? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
How many baths? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
How many baths? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
How many baths? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How many baths? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How many baths? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
How many baths? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
How many baths? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
How many baths? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
How many baths? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
How many baths? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???