Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Baths - how often?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:43 pm

How often does/did your toddler have a bath??

I will let you in on my thinking......... Laughing Laughing

Isla settles fabulously for her naps in the day, where as at night as youve seen in my other posts she is a little bugger Rolling Eyes

My OH was wondering what is so different about the daytime??? He came to the conclusion that the only thing we do differently in the evening is give her a bath (she has a bath EVERY night religiously before bed)......OH is wondering whether this could be actually giving her a new lease of life Laughing Elephant

Does a bath chill your toddler out? Or put a spring back in their step? Monkey

How often does your LO go in the bath?
Back to top Go down
Helen&Dyl

Helen&Dyl

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 am

Dylan has a bath every night it has been part of his night time routine from day one - Bath, milk, story, cuddles and then bed. We've always been quite rigid with his routine, tea at 5, bath 6:30 and bed 7 not sure if this has helped us or if we've just been lucky!

He is very active in his bath and loves to splash around and make everything and everyone very soggy!! So I guess it does wake him up, but he nearly always goes straight down to sleep, occasionally he whimpers for a few minutes, but we leave him to it.

Have you tried Lavender bath stuff? Don't know if it works necessarily, but might be worth a try!!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 am

I bathe Chloe around 3 times a week, but she never has one just before bed as she tends to get a bit lively afterwards, so she has her bath, a bit of playtime and then we get her ready for bed and she has her bedtime milk, story etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:00 am

Oliver has a bath about twice a week and has a shower a few times too..(sometimes on a morning too) But its never really bothered him even though he loves his bath..its like full on play time, whether that wears him out, am not sure.. but he's always been a good sleeper.

But I know me, I love a nice hot bath and bed, where as OH finds baths wake him up all refreshed etc. So thats probably what your LO's like.

You could maybe move bathtime earlier like Mandy's Chole..or move it to morning maybe?!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:24 am

We have a bath every night.

We did think for a long while it may given bean a new lease of life - but honestly he just didn't want to sleep - plus we were in "bad" habits for other reasons! (falling asleep feeding on mummy, put down asleep - going straight in when he would stir etc.)

What's the lighting like in her room - maybe too light / dark? Another possibility to try perhaps!

Honestly though we have only just been having a good stretch with sleep this past month or so - but having said that last night was dreadful! I hope it's teething again and not just the start of another bad patch No

The one thing we have come to rely on is music - and we still use a dummy (although were late starting!) but the latter doesn't solve anything once he's decided he's awake.

I've not slept properly in nearly a year and a half - and now I've got the crazy hormone dreams and in-the-night pees Rolling Eyes

Btw, had posted somewhere else Lisa asking if warrington is too far for a meet for you - just on the off chance Wink
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 am

Errrrrm Cerys has a bath when "baby wipes" just wont do the job of clearing fishcake,spaghetti etc from ears, nose, mouth, fingernails etc Puke which is most nights lol i use lavender type bath products for her x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:34 am

Izzy is every other night, unless she is grubby on the in-between night!

I bath her maybe at 6pm and then she doesnt go to bed til 8 - she is always full of beans after her bath but 2 hours is enough to wear her down!

Have you tried an earlier bath?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:37 am

Rowan has a bath every mon, tues & weds with OH. then he'll a bath friday and sunday. though most thurs and Saturday he does have a bath but in the morning with me

so mostly every day
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 am

Thanks ladies for your help!! Think im gonna try not bathing her tonight .....wish me luck affraid

If that doent help then im gonna try an earlier bathtime!

Im just goin by trial and error at the mo until I find somethin that helps a bit!!

Jaffle - Warrington isnt too far for me at all........funnily enough I accepted a job at warrington hospital last year (and later refused it)......but a meet would be great!!!

xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:36 am

You've got mail Wink

good luck with the bath time xx
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:07 am

evan gets a bath every night at about 6pm but yeah it does give hiim a new lease of life but he dont go to bed til 8 usually so plenty time to chill out although he seems to be hyper 24/7 jst now grrr
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 am

we only bath braden about 2/3 times a week and generally in the daytime, it makes him hyper so wouldnt even consider having a bath before bed lol
x
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:19 pm

My 2 older boys go hyper when they have a bath, always done! It makes them more wide awake and takes them ages to wind down after. It has got better as they have got older.

With Thomas he has always been bathed every night as part of his routine but he has bad ezema so HV said being bathed every night is not helping so we now bath him every other night and he sleeps the same weather he has had a bath or not. Luckily he goes straight down x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm

I bath/shower Aimee every day at 6pm and then she comes back downstairs for chill out time for an hour before bed at 7pm.

It seems to work fine and she loves it x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Callum when first born had bath everynight b4 bed but then he went into the bigbath and has so much fun splashing around it now makes him hypo so i have to bath him after his nap during the day and prey he dont get to messy at dinner Laughing as he wont go bed for ages after bath xx

Gooodluck hope it works xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Baths - how often? _
PostSubject: Re: Baths - how often?   Baths - how often? Empty

Back to top Go down

Baths - how often?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Baths - how often? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Baths - how often? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Baths - how often? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Baths - how often? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Baths - how often? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Baths - how often? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Baths - how often? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Baths - how often? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baths - how often? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baths - how often? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Baths - how often? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Baths - how often? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Baths - how often? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Baths - how often? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Baths - how often? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???