Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

attempting to give up smoking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
thatsmummy2u!

Edit MY profile

attempting to give up smoking _
PostSubject: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:49 am

ive smoked on and off for years but i did go several years without touching one, but then a breakup made me smoke again. ive been smoking 20 a day but i worked out that i spend around £170 a month on fags. if i can put that money away then i can save enough to spend a week in ibiza with my kids next year. ive attempted to give up a month ago which lasted 14 hours Embarassed its stress, boredom and doing something with my hands that keeps the habit going. my quit day is 1st aug.... here goes :/
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

good luck, you can do it xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:33 pm

hunnie, your so strong i know you can do it!! just have that holiday with the kiddies as your goal! good luck xxxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm

ITs so difficult isnt it?

I stopped as soon as I found out was having Ellie (well after I smoked 2 one after another to get over the shock)!! But thankfully I've managed to stay off them. I love smoking but I want to live long enough to see my kids all grown up so that what I think each time I'm tempted.

Good luck hun

x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:57 pm

I have fell off the wagon many times, and have had stretches of years with not smoking!!

So that proves we can do it if in the right frame of mind.....I cannot recommend allen carr - the EASYWAY to give up smoking!

I stopped for years after reading that book, its really quite amazing!!

Im going to get myself another copy, because presently im back smoking, and not very proud of myself at all

Good luck hun xx
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

I packed up on the 30th April 2010... my iPhone nhs quit app reckons I've saved £3503 up to today.... I feel so much better for giving up although have the odd tendency to want, but ignore it

good luck you'll do fab.... think what you could do with the extra cash king
Back to top Go down
thatsmummy2u!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 am

cold turkey failed miserably im afraid. :/ ive been so stressed this week i just snapped n gave in. its sooo hard. but once ive had a fag i think omg i cudve done it. gonna try again obvs. its the association with coffee and food and stress, the 3 things i cant go a day without. i did contact nhs service but they aint got back to me yet :/ x
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:54 am

Hiya hunni,

I went through hell and back trying to give up smoking so many times and kept on going back to it..... until this last time and now I'm definitely not a smoker any more.

It took me a long time to get my head into the right place - that I was doing it for ME and I wanted to be free of it, not just cos people said I SHOULD do it or to save money or anything.

Everyone's motivation is different but what I'm wondering is, are you really really ready? The reason I ask is that your post isn't called "finally going to quit for good this time" - there wan't any conviction there.

Sorry I don't mean to sound a biatch, honestly I don't cos it's really hard to decide you're going to quit smoking and once you're really convinced I think half the battle is won then and there.

I don't think there are many people who can manage going cold turkey. My sister did and I am sooooo impressed, but having a baby in your tummy is one hell of a motivation! I would recommend going to one of the NHS services for some help - get your nicotine replacement in place before your quit date so you're thoroughly prepared and then do it.

I went to a support group - it wasn't as cheesy and horrible as I thought it was going to be. I spent the first 3 weeks not sure I was going to actually quit, just talking about how much I loved smoking and the great lengths I would go to to enable myself to smoke. At some point during that something clicked and I realised how trapped I was by my "right" to smoke. The next week I said I wanted to set a quit date and the group leader gave me a massive hug - I thought she was going to cry!

God I remember how horribly scary it was walking out of the door that first morning with a patch on and an inhalator firmly gripped in my hand and no cigarettes. It was like I'd forgotten to put my shoes on or something!

Sorry about the massive long essay! It's all about being ready, and I don't think you were ready yesterday. But you will be one day, and you will do it and never look back.

Good luck darlin
xx Em
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: attempting to give up smoking   attempting to give up smoking Empty

Back to top Go down

attempting to give up smoking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Life :: Healthy Living-
Latest topics
» Spotting
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
attempting to give up smoking Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???