Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Smoking while Pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Now i used to be a heavy smoker.. but when i fell pregnant with paris i gave up straight away, it was a easy choice to make.

Now i adore my best friend to bits, but she is still smoking 10 aday and she is now over 30 weeks preg, all she keeps saying is she has'nt got the determination to give up, i cant help but feel angry

i know people do as they please, its her life....

yeh fine do as you like when your not pregnant, but when you are, at least put your baby first

Rant over xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

It's a hard one. I was like you I smoked at least 20 a day and then as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I stopped straight away, but I know not everyone finds it that easy and some really struggle. I know that there are midwifes who a specially trained to help pregnant ladies give up. Maybe gently suggest that she talks to her. But if she won't then unfortunately it's one of those things you have to bite your tongue about x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Things like that make me mad I gave up staight away too I couldn't bare the thought of what I was doing to Tyler... but my mum smoked when she had me and it hasn't done me any harm (at least I don't think it has Smile )
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:20 pm

i have quit both times now, from the moment i took the test i have just stopped straight away.

i havent found it easy this time around and have moments where i could bloody murder one. and i dont know if i will start again after Edith is born, i think i probably will but i could do without doing.

i started again whe Alice was 3 months old and had stopped BFing

I think we all know you shouldnt smoke when PG but not everyone can stop so easily, there should def be more help and advice for pregnant women who do want to stop. but i do know to some it wont make a difference they dont want to give up
And thats the really sad part for me.
Back to top Go down
ALouiseLj

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm

tbh it makes me phyiscally SICK!!!!!!!

It is one of the most selfish things you can do in my opinion.

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:26 pm

I kidded myself that I quit when I was PG. I didnt really but I tried so hard.

Think from I found out until about 12 weeks I smoked 5 a day (was on 20),
12-30 wks maybe 1-2 a day most days.
30-37 wks I had 0 Smoking while Pregnant Icon_cheers
Last 2/3 wks I had 1 a week. Smoking while Pregnant Icon_neutral

I think thats roughly right.... I nearly pretended to myself I wasnt doing it. Smoking while Pregnant Icon_redface I lied to my mum and my OH, I hid to do it in my car up random streets or in the garden if no one home. Only my best friend knew that I was doing it past about 20 wks.

Quit again then completly until Caitlin was 8 weeks old and had to go to hospital due to allergy. Started again properly when she was 3/4 mths....

I did/do feel guilty. I really tried but obviously not as hard as I should have/could have. I cant really judge anyone that smokes during PG now. Before I did I was the 1st to be spittng feathers that I would never do that blah blah blah. Yup, it was a lot harder than I thought!
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:33 pm

with my 1st i had 20 a day all the way through my pregnancy

with my 2nd i smoked 20 a day till 20 weeks and then quit completely

and with my 3rd 0 from beginning to end

and i will never smoke another dirty cig for aslong as i live
i regret not quitting the second i found out i was preg with my 1st

x
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Snoopy least you tried - i can understand it must be hard, same as giving up any addiction is, what gets me is when women dont even try to cut back
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 pm

I think it's easy to judge, I stopped as soon as I knew I was pregnant (although had only just started after a year so was easyish) but I know it can be awful for some people, especially with the added stress of being told off about it.

Yes, I think it's a bad choice, but all parents make at least one 'bad' choice at some point. I am very anti-alcohol but wouldn't condemn any of those ladies who have a cheeky glass of wine while pregnant - it isn't my place and I wouldn't expect or accept being judged in return!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

i have never really smoked, only really as a social thing when im having a drink(never had one whilst pg as i didnt drink )...so i suppose till iv been in the situation and know how hard it is to stop i cant really judge but i would like to think that id quit or at least try my best if i was pregnant, as i would think most peopel would do x
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:33 am

I smoked whilst pregnant with 3 out of 4 pregnancies. Am not gonna lie and its not something i am proud of either. I did try to quit and stopped for days and weeks here and there but being a 15-20 a day smoker from being 11 i found it the hardest thing in the world.
And dont think i didnt feel guilty with every puff cause i did. I stopped with my last pregnancy and do and always will feel guilty that i didnt stop for my first 3 kids. But i am not gonna beat myself up over it because that would be pointless and i cant change it and i dont consider myself a bad mother because of it. I was very very lucky i got 4 healthy kids.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 am

I have never smoked, so its very difficult for me to have an informed opinion on this one.

I dont agree with smoking in pregnancy, or around babies, but I also appreciate that it must be very very hard to give up if it is something that you have done all of your life and then to suddenly try to stop.

Im glad that I didnt/dont smoke, as if Aimee had been born with the problems she had then I know that I would always wonder 'what if I caused it'.

My hat does go off to the ladies who manage to stop completely and even the ones who have cut down x
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:54 am

I agree Laura ladies that do stop are to be applauded. But by the same token i dont think it does anyone any good to preach (not by you i mean in general) to mothers who do smoke. Its only going to make them feel bad about themselves and more than likey not help in the process of stopping smoking.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 am

Hiya,

Smoking while Pregnant 380103

I started smoking when I was 18 and didn't give up until Sept last year, I had tried a couple of times before but never really wanted to but this time my OH told me we couldn't start trying for a family until I had gave up and dam was it hard. I must admit I didn't fully give up I would have the odd one or two here or there (without him knowing) so I did make the effort to cut down.
Since I found out I was pg I haven't had one since but sometimes I really crave one.

I applaud Smoking while Pregnant 261548 anyone that has given up or even cut down...I know how bloody hard it is xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 am

I dont think people should smoke when pregnant and being an ex smoker I know how hard it is to give up. But I couldnt forgive myself if something was wrong with my baby and I caused it by smoking x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:01 am

Ive seen my OH try and fail to give up smoking enough times to see how hard it is but i hope if it were me i'd manage. Im not a smoker though so i cant talk. the nearest i can analogise it to is i drink coca cola every day and i find it hard to stop that (dont ever tell me caffiene isnt addictive) I should stop now by the guidelines but i find it hard (though it doesnt help thats it all that settles my stomach at the mo)
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:30 am

I started smoking from the age of 11, then as soon as i found out i was pg i stopped and i've not had and will never ever have one again.
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:32 am

I think it's unfair to smoke when pg or those who dont at least cut down.

its not fair on the baby.

I wont go into much details but a family member of mine smokes and her unborn child is not well and she still smokes.

i try not to speak to her other then to find out how the scans and appointments are going as it makes me so mad. i;d be doing everything i could to protect my unborn unwell baby
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 am

I am a smoker and i smoked up til 20 weeks but i had a lot of personal stress going on in my life at the time as i lost my job, hubby was suspended and we were struggling for money to pay the bills then I had the stress of the actual pregnancy and hormones but i only had like 3 a day and only ever in my own personal space ie my back garden where no one else could see me.

then at 20 weeks i saw a smoking midwife who helped me no end and that was the end of me smoking in pregnancy i was lucky Gracie hasnt suffered and she didnt withdraw when she was born but i think thats because I had 19 weeks to get it out of my system

I will not smoke in my next pregnancy as i feel so insainly guilty that i smoked with gracie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Smoking while Pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: Smoking while Pregnant   Smoking while Pregnant Empty

Back to top Go down

Smoking while Pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Smoking while Pregnant Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words