Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Quitting smoking!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

For anyone that's quit smoking.. any tips you can give? What worked for you?
It's a horrible habit and i'm finding it really hard! It was easy when i was pregnant, well that's a lie it wasn't easy at all it was horrible and i never once had a day when i didn't desperately want one but it was easy to just put up with the cravings and not light one. Now i just can't do it!
Did you use any aids like gum or patches? Also, now when i'm stressed i have one.. I need something else to deal with my stress? It's even ruining my relationship so it needs sorting!
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Lisa,

I made the decision last year that New years eve would be my last day of smoking. Havent smoked at all this year. How many do you smoke a day, i was smoking around 8-10 a day I decided that i was going to use the patches so got them on prescription from my doctor (which will be free if you are on benefits). I used them for a week and then started to forget to put them on and found i didnt need them any more. I think a lot of it comes down to how you feel about smoking in your head, if you really have had enough of smoking and are determined it makes it so much easier, ive tried quitting several times before but think i wasnt quite 100% committed and that makes all the difference.
Im almost 9 months without smoking now and believe it or not still get a craving once in a while but its not strong enough to make me do anything about it. I do like the smell sometimes too Embarassed I think its something that will never completely leave your head. I wish i had never started smoking in the 1st place.
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks Nutty Very Happy
You've done amazingly well not having one for 9 months!!

It's got to the stage now where i 100% want to! I can do it when i keep myself busy, like yesterday i went to a bbq and even with people there smoking i managed to not have one, i just went inside the house while people were! The problem was when i get home, i was just desperate for one and really really snapped at my OH because of it Sad
I just need something for when i get like that, think i might give the gum ago because i've got chewing gum in 24/7 so when i get to the point where i'm really wanting a cigarette i could just pop a nicorette one in and hopefully it'll help?
When you had the patches, did it really help at first then? I just can't imagine it making you feel like you've had one/don't want one anymore?
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 am

I am a weird one.
I smoked about 20 a day before getting pregnant. I admit that through my pregnancy I probably had one or 2 ciggies.
I have not had a ciggie for a few days and I probably won't for a while.
I go through a couple of months smoking and then some not. I don't struggle through the not smoking periods either Shocked
Do you know what makes you want to smoke???
With me its mainly when I am drinking and I don't drink so much anymore. On a night out I will smoke quite a bit - depending on the weather x
I think that the smokng ban is brilliant. Its hard to imagine that we once would sit inm a pub and smoke xxxx
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 am

Lisa & Alfie wrote:
Thanks Nutty Very Happy
You've done amazingly well not having one for 9 months!!

It's got to the stage now where i 100% want to! I can do it when i keep myself busy, like yesterday i went to a bbq and even with people there smoking i managed to not have one, i just went inside the house while people were! The problem was when i get home, i was just desperate for one and really really snapped at my OH because of it Sad
I just need something for when i get like that, think i might give the gum ago because i've got chewing gum in 24/7 so when i get to the point where i'm really wanting a cigarette i could just pop a nicorette one in and hopefully it'll help?
When you had the patches, did it really help at first then? I just can't imagine it making you feel like you've had one/don't want one anymore?

Yes I think the patches really helped. Every time i thought about cigarettes there was just no craving at all, before you know it youve gone through a day without even thinking about them. My arm felt a bit itchy at first when i had it on but it soon goes.
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 am

Emz i'd smoke quite abit while i getting ready to go out, but when i am out i'm not interested at all :S
Well, i haven't had a single one since this time yesterday and i feel fab Very Happy
I bought soe of the lozenges yesterday and i just had one of them whenever i felt a strong craving for one and so far they've worked brilliantly! I haven't been stressed in the slightest Very Happy I hope it stays this easy although i doubt it will lol!
Thank you so much, i was stupid before to even attempt and quit without even using something to help!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 am

heya Very Happy when I was quitting I used all kinds of things, patches gave me nightmares and rashes (yuck!) the lozenges and chewing gum were just beyond vile haha so I used the inhalator - I really liked that it sort of felt like smoking, and you can feel the nicotine hitting the back of your throat....the tamponesque look isnt great, but it helped me loads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Quitting smoking! _
PostSubject: Re: Quitting smoking!   Quitting smoking! Empty

Back to top Go down

Quitting smoking!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: Interests :: Group Chat-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Quitting smoking! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Quitting smoking! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Quitting smoking! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Quitting smoking! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Quitting smoking! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Quitting smoking! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Quitting smoking! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Quitting smoking! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quitting smoking! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quitting smoking! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Quitting smoking! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Quitting smoking! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Quitting smoking! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Quitting smoking! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Quitting smoking! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words