Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Potty training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 am

When do you start this ladies?

Char
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 am

i think its somewhere around 18 months?! might be wildly wrong...but we are planning on getting a potty soon just to have it round the house - eli has had a sore bum so lots of nappy off time, it might save our carpets if we can sometimes plonk him on a potty!
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 am

caitlin is nearly 3 and still not interested! i dont wana push her into it but i am trying to do potty training with her!
think its diff for all kids
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am

Amelia has had a potty since she was 1. Only showed a mild interest in it from 18 months and did the occasional accidental wee on it. I've just had it about to get her used to it. For the last 6 months she's been using it intermitently but only in the last 2 weeks have I actively asked her to use it and she's had knickers on for that last 4 days with no accidents so far! She's just done it herself x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am

I was think of starting after the Christmas period so end of January u he will be 18 months then. oh well done Amelia.

Char
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 am

You'll know when he's ready hun. Like Char said they're all so different and one day it just seems to click x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 am

dita is 19 months and not ready yet, braden started at 2 x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:56 am

I think 18 months is really young to potty train tbh. Im not saying it isnt possible - so by all means try, I just wouldnt be expecting great results. I heard the later you leave it the shorter it takes.

Caitlin is just turned 2 and doesnt want to. We have had potty sitting about since she was about 18-20 months but she wont use it. She is only just starting to use it as a seat, but has to have nappy on. She freaks if you suggest taking it off. She understands what its for, can tell me she has pooed/is about to poo, watches her cousin use potty... but if you ask her to try it she screams.

I REALLY want her out of nappies by the time this baby comes (2 in nappys will be expensive!) so im hoping in the next few months she clicks. I havent forced her into pants yet but am thinking of spending a day or 2 in late Sept when she 26months trying that to see if there's any hope.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:20 am

I too think 18months is a bit young. I think its a good age to introduce potty and start thinking about it but I know Immi wasn't near ready then. She has a potty and gets what it's for but she hasnt actually wee'd on it yet. i'm hesitant to start properly potty training as i'm not sure she's ready. She only seems to know in that second just before wee comes out that she needs to go. I'm going to wait till baby is born and everything is a bit settled then really attempt to potty train, so I guess she'll be about 2 1/2? Hopefully her speech will have come on a lot too so she'll clearly be able to tell me she needs to go to the toilet.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:34 am

LisaGandAmelia wrote:
Amelia has had a potty since she was 1. Only showed a mild interest in it from 18 months and did the occasional accidental wee on it. I've just had it about to get her used to it. For the last 6 months she's been using it intermitently but only in the last 2 weeks have I actively asked her to use it and she's had knickers on for that last 4 days with no accidents so far! She's just done it herself x

Well done Amelia Smile

I've done this with all of mine and it was totally stress free Smile

Just wait until he's ready and don't hassle yourself or him until he's ready

When they're ready its so easy.

I'd say 18 months is far too early.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 am

Yeah ive heard the longer you wait the less time it takes. Also i wouldnt heave your heart set on a certain time unless hes showing an interest. I actually hadnt planned on doing c when i did as awen was so tiny but she announced she needed a wee one day and it just took off. Shes now dry day and night for a week or so but even her age i wudnt have been surprised at accidents etc. They do it when they want tbh. Like LisaG though theres een a potty in the house since she was 1 and shes used it intermitently since she wa a year and a half mostly at bathtime when shes gone ad hoc and we made a big deal of it. And now she wont use it at all sh will only go on the toilet so be prepared for him to do it HIS way. Check out www.pottytraining.co.uk and it givessome good tips, tools and a readniess checklist

Dammit cant type today
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 am

Imogen did her first wee on the potty today - she's just 18 months. She'd had a couple of accidents waiting for the bath to run (must be the running water lol) so I got one to see what happened. Well she played with it at first but didn't like to sit on it but a couple of weeks ago she started wanting to sit on it and squidge her tuppence as if trying to make something happen. This last week while she's been poorly she has been grabbing at her nappy a bit when needing/doing a wee (not really sure cos she can't tell me). So tonight the bath was running, I stripped her off and showed her the potty - she put her hands in it a bit and pushed it around, then I sat her on it and after about a minute was talking to Dom and forgot she was sitting there! Next thing we knew, she stood up and she'd done a wee! So we sang a song and did a dance and she was all giggles and smiles and kisses and it was lovely Smile

Question is, what next?
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:31 am

Id keep the potty around and maybe have her nappyfree to see if she foes it again. Just let her lead you.

well done imogen - it's more than ellie has achieved xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Potty training  _
PostSubject: Re: Potty training    Potty training  Empty

Back to top Go down

Potty training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Potty training  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Potty training  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Potty training  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Potty training  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Potty training  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Potty training  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Potty training  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Potty training  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty training  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty training  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Potty training  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Potty training  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Potty training  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Potty training  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Potty training  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words