Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

potty training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
J1

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: potty training   potty training EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:59 am

So we have tried Alice on various occasions with knickers and deemed her not ready for potty training cos she pees through them straight away.

The last couple of weeks when she has had knickers on she has gone 2-2.5 hours with no accidents but no wees on the potty either as soon as nappy on she will do it

this morning put her in knickers and 2.5 hours and 2 drinks later she stil hasnt done a wee, kept asking her and she kept saying no, i reminded her if she is a big girl and does a wee on the potty she would get a treat 10 mins later a huge wee on the potty, made a fuss and gave her a treat then phoned MIL for some advice

this is my thoughts so please ladies any opinions would be greatfully appreciated.....

if she is holding wees in for so long she clearly has good(?) control of her bladder, we were going out so my instinct was try her and see how she went MIL agreed with me

off we toddles into town where she did another 2 hours with no accidents but no telling us she wanted to go either, took her potty with us just incase. we nipped into the local shopping centres loos and she sat on the loo but was more interested in tho loo roll Rolling Eyes

went to tesco and she had an accident on the book aisle but put her new knickers on and changed clothes and she was happy again, another hour later no accidents then she says to daddy i want a wee, goes to the potty and promptly does a HUGE poo, more fuss, happy alice.

has tea with knickers on, has a bath and i ask her if she wants a wee before we put a nappy on for bed, she wees again

whooooo hoooooo
i suppose i just want to know if i am doing the right thing or whether i am pushing her too much?

thing being we took her bottles off her to get her to give them up and in all honesty she has never batted an eyelid at being in a dirty nappy since being born (scruff) HV advised getting very cheap less absorbant nappies to see if that spurred her on but thie little minger didnt care lol

any replies greatfully recieved
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 am

Aw she sounds like she's doing brilliantly!! Definately dont think you're pushing her too hard at all.

Libby was the same, couldnt care less if her nappy was dirty Rolling Eyes I think she was about the same age as Alice when we decided to try her, basically I hid all of her nappies and told her we had none left and that she had to wee and poo on the potty, I then created a reward chart in front of her and explained that or every wee she would get 1 sticker and every poo 2 stickers and for every 10 she gets a 'present'.

If I remember rightly we did have to keep asking her if she needed to wee when we thought she needed one as it did take her a little while to tell us herself (not long maybe only a few days).

xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:42 am

Thanks suse,

the fact that she is holding it makes me think nappies are a crutch for her, we have just discussed a reward chart cos i cant keep giving her sweets every time she does one potty training 548646 potty training 548646

MIL has spoken to her nursery and they are so happy to try and help and are going to create a reward chart for her too
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:48 am

Hehe, she'll end up being like Libby and actually drink more to pee more just to get more sweeties Laughing

Reward charts are brilliant though, it's lovely seeing them get excited about putting a sticker on potty training 270211

Thats great that the nursery will help too, I'm sure she'll continue to do great. xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 pm

I think she sounds like she is doing really well, and no I certainly wouldn't say you are pushing her too fast at all

Izzy was actually very similar, at first she would go 2 hours at least without doing a wee - even if I asked...which I think is why some accidents happen, as they have to concentrate to hold on to it then they get interested in something, forget and wee!

She may well start to go more often quite soon, thats what Izzy did, little and often makes it easier for them cos its easier to hold onto I suppose, so less accidents, makes them feel more in control

I think reward charts are great - but for potty training Izzy just had a sticker card, and to her getting the sticker and putting it on her card each night was a treat for her lol - then I'd spoil her when we went to the shops, tell her that toy is for being so good with wees & poos.
I also went through a 'sweeties for reward' phase and felt really bad about it when I realised how much she was getting...so stopped!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 am

Naw mate sounds like shes doing fine. Stick with it but yeah she might drive you nuts going every 20 mins for attention at some point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

potty training _
PostSubject: Re: potty training   potty training Empty

Back to top Go down

potty training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
potty training Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
potty training Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
potty training Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
potty training Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
potty training Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
potty training Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
potty training Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
potty training Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
potty training Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
potty training Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
potty training Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
potty training Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
potty training Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
potty training Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
potty training Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words