Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Her eatings driving me nuts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Her eatings driving me nuts _
PostSubject: Her eatings driving me nuts   Her eatings driving me nuts EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Caelyns drivng me potty. I dont know why shes so damned fussy. She ate everything i put in front of her when she weaned so I know she likes things like carrots and broccoli and pears et. But shes been refusing pretty much all fruit and veg for about 10 months now and now itsjust getting worse. Shes now starte deciding she doesnt like the few things ive always known she will eat like mashed potato, strawberries, raisins and blueberries, rice and cous cous. Seems like we take 2 steps forward then go about a mile back. She wont eat anything with too much saue on it so hiding veg in thats out and shes stopped eatng the meat in sausage rolls so that is too.

Ive tried the lot, saying nothing, offering an alternative, not offering an alternative, letting her go hngry if she doesnt eat and sod all works and this is trying it for a decent spell of time mark you. Yesterday I lost it. I treated her to a burger king and she ate her chips thenpromptly announced she doesnt like chicken nuggets and pushed it away (nuggets bought cos shes had burgers 3 times and enjoyed them every time and now doesnt like them !!!) so i got annoyed and told her eat it or go to bed, she refused so got put to bed at 6pm and was ordered not to make a sound or come out til the morning. She actually did so I must have sounded pretty mad. I was honestly at the end of my wits with it all.

What the hell more can I do, i get helpful in inverted comments from people who obv dont have fussy eaters like she will eat when shes hungry-nope tried that she just drinks milk and goes to bed with nothing quite unperturbed then is up at 6 asking for milk again. And it makes e feel like i ve done something wrong but what the hell more can I do. I dont want her teaching A to be fussy but she just wont try anything unfamilar she acts like its poison and wont even try it or takes a bite then pulls faces and lets it fall out her mouth

Really starting to get me down now!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Her eatings driving me nuts   Her eatings driving me nuts EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Haha looks like I'm stalking you Laughing

Again no advice as Libby is pretty much the same - my only saving grace (slightly) is she'll eat some fruits like apples, pears, bananas and grapes.

What we tend to do is if she suddenly decides she 'doesnt like' something we'll start giving her something different that we know she does like (at the moment her faves are sweet and sour chicken with rice and chicken korma with rice), then when she goes off them we'll give her the things she liked before.

I'm sure you've tried that though.

I wish I knew what to suggest but its not your fault hun - it really isnt!! Her eatings driving me nuts 466645 xxx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Her eatings driving me nuts   Her eatings driving me nuts EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 pm

i don't know what to suggest either hun as Tyler is the same. although he can't tell us he doesn't like something he just decides one day that he's had enough and we go through weeks of trying to find the new thing he likes.

sunday he literally ate half a banana, a bit of cake, half a slice of toast and err maybe some cucumber... he didnt eat anything we offered him for lunch or dinner so went to bed hungry. yesterday he was a bit better but nope. he just doesn't want to eat.

if he had some extra lb's on him I probably wouldn't be so worried but he's a skinny minny too.

I just try not to react now and hope that if he realises he's hungry he'll eat.

sorry no advice but your not alone. I think kids don't need as much food as we think they do and you just gotta put your head down and get on with it.

do you think using her reward chart for feeding might help? maybe a star for each new thing she tries... the trying to me is more imporant than the eating because she might try something she actually really likes. once she's used to trying mroe things she might be more inclined or more receptive to then changing her reward chart to a star when she's eaten half of what's put on her plate etc.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Her eatings driving me nuts   Her eatings driving me nuts EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

oh and just thought what about sitting her down and explaining that for every meal time, she can pick one thing and you will pick one thing... she has to eat half of both (or something like that)

then she might feel she has more control or responsibility over choosing half her meal and you can still make sure she has a balance by the second part of her dinner..

so if she chooses chips you can choose peas or sweetcorn or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Her eatings driving me nuts   Her eatings driving me nuts Empty

Back to top Go down

Her eatings driving me nuts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Her eatings driving me nuts Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???