Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Driving.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:05 am

Now that I am working I am looking into taking some driving lessons but I have a few questions.......
Ok, so do most schools want full payment or can you have installments?
On average how many lessons did you have?
Can Dan take me out driving? He has been driving for about 10 years or so
How easy is it to pick up the manual gear stick? Am worried I won't know when to change gear Embarassed
How hard/easy is the test? Theory? x Driving......... 851895 Driving......... 851895
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 am

umm theory test was fairly easy i would say, but you will need to study a bit if you don't know anything - there are quite a lot of online quizzes you can do which helped me loads if you just google them Smile the hazard perception i thought was by far the hardest and i had to practice loads - still don't know how i passed that...

you would need to be on the insurance and have a provisional license if dan wants to take you out Smile

i am a terrible driver (hence only having my provisional still haha) and gears do me in hahaha the big driving schools will give you a deal if you buy a block of lessons in advance but they will let you buy an hour/two hours at a time usually but that costs more that way Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 am

It's 17 years since I passed my test so I can't help on the theory test because I didn't do it or the price of lessons because have no clue.

Regardless of whether Dan takes you out or you have professional lessons you still need a provisional licence.

I would ring round a few local driving schools, chain and independent and ask them what they charge and how you can pay.

I had 2 lessons per week and it took me 11 months to pass my test Embarassed but I only got to practice during my lessons so if Dan can take you out as well then you will get more practice. (My problem was coordination because I don't have any Laughing )

It is possible to only learn to drive an automatic but then that is all you are allowed to drive and as a general rule they are more expensive to buy. Don't worry about knowing when to change gear it is the instructor's job to teach you that.

I recommend that everyone learns to drive (unless they have a medical condition that means they can't) because it opens up so many more opportunities in life.

Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 am

ok so...

you can pay blocks of ten/twenty or you can pay individual lessons if you want. most average at around 22-25 pounds im sure if I remember rightly for one hour. you can go out for 1 or 2 hours but probs best to stick to one hour to start with as you can get pretty frustrated on a 2 hour. depends how much you enjoy it though.

it took me ten months to pass. and I passed first time. I only had 1 lesson a week gradually building up from one hour to two. theory is easy if you study properly for it and you can get discs that will lay it out in the exact same way the test centre will. in fact I might still have mine will look it out for you if you want??
I think the actual driving test is all down to nerves and how the roads are on the day etc.

you will learn really quickly about gears etc and when your driving you will be changing gears without even realising you are doing it.

yes dan can take you out but I wouldnt recommend it until you have established proper driving skills because some of his bad habits might rub off on you. I guarantee once you have passed within a week you will have a whole set of your own bad habits so just remember not to let him influence you.

I think you must need to be on his insurance and have on L plates.

x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 am

Not sure about the rules over there..but driving a stick shift takes a knack..easier to take your test driving an automatic. But everyone should defo learn to drive a standard. xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 am

A few schools around near us are doing 5 lessons for £70 which is quite good - its worth looking for any deals.

x
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:12 am

I passed my driving test nearly 6 years ago now and I paid around £20 a lesson although I did block book on some of them. I did my theory the day after my 17th birthday and passed first time, meaning it was full steam ahead for my practical. Took that 4 months later and passed first time too. xx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

I passed my test in July last year. I paid for a block of lessons (12 lessons) which was £216 which was £18 a lesson.

I had 4 more lessons after this which were two hours each time and was £44.

Theory test is easy it's in two parts the multiple question test and the hazard perception test where you watch 14 clips and click on the mouse button when you see a hard, it develops etc.

The practical test is like most of your driving lessons but it now includes a 10 minute drive with no directions. you'll start off some where and they will tell you where they want you to go and you'll following the signs yourself to get you there.

avg price is about £18-£26 per hour.

for your test it's £69 (was in July) but you also have an hour lesson before the test which you pay for plus the hour usage for the car.

As for your OH teaching you, he'll need to contact his insurance company and find out how much it would cost to get you on as a provisional driver.

when it comes to your test make sure you tell the center which car you are using and make sure it's not on their list of cars that can not be used.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:22 am

Think ive answered all ur questions Laughing
I payed for each lesson as i took it so it was £40 each week
I had lesson every week for 10months Shocked but i did miss a few
Yep he can take you out driving as long as youve got L plates on my aunt and step dad took me out
Argh i dreaded the gears i didnt even knw how to start a car up when i started i had no idea it was alot easier then i thought it would be
If i passed my theory anyone can Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 am

it is difficult at first but the more u practice the easier it gets. tbh i dont think u really learn how to drive until youve passed your test. im a much better driver now than when i was learning. you fall into your own way of driving. gear changes tend to go via speed and you can hear the engine changing as you drive which means u need to switch gears. i passed 2nd time - different zones i learnt in.took me 3 attempts to pass my theory!! i passed the hazard perceotion each time but kept failing on multiple choice!!

go for it - best thing i ever did!!

x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 am

When I booked with the AA they had an offer that when you paid upfront for a block of lessons you got one free...so was worth it as they weren't cheap! I think quite a lot do this now

I got the cd roms to help with my theory and I got 100% - it wasn't hard though!

You should really learn/test in a manual because if you learn/test in an automatic then you only have a licence for an automatic, would could be awkward in the future as the majority of people have manual cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 am

I passed 10 years ago.
Theory test is easy if you swot.
I paid around £15 per lesson and paid per lesson.
I took 18 lessons before i passed my test.
an can take you out as long as you have L plates on and are insured.
And the gears, well its just practice, the more you drive the easier it gets xxx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 am

i paid a block of 10 for £110, then per lesson@ £18
i got 35 out of 35 on theory so cant be hard Laughing
i took 50ish lessons to pass...needed to build my confidence a lot x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Driving......... _
PostSubject: Re: Driving.........   Driving......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Driving.........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Driving......... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Driving......... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Driving......... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Driving......... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Driving......... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Driving......... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Driving......... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Driving......... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Driving......... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Driving......... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Driving......... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Driving......... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Driving......... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Driving......... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Driving......... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???